It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Doors: Robby Krieger and Ray Manzarek Talk about Jim Morrison Being Alive on Coast to Coast AM T

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I find it hard believe that robby krieger and ray manzarek are souless enough to plug this story, which will obviously only generate interest in any of their future ventures as 'the doors'... I know they played in london recently.What bums! Talk about flogging a dead horse, and i mean literally, by the time Jim died he was about the size of a horse, bless him

[edit on 25/1/2008 by earthtone]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
ahh they dont make em like that any more! he was a prototype, not destined for mass production!

and if he was the lizard king and can do anything ,then this is plauseable

but been a huge doors fan i actualy hope its balls,which im sure it will be folks

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Jims actually from my neck of the woods. DC/Northern Va. not California like so many think. Arlington I think. His father was a navy man. The father of a girl I grew up with went to high school with him and even has a yearbook with some cheesy poem written in it and signed by him.

I dont believe he died back then. He had had it and the pressures nearly killed him. He always talked about "taking off to Africa for a while" amongst similar things. Wherever hes been all this time or wether hes even still alive is anybodys guess but I believe he did eventually come back home to Virginia. Laying low in California? Yeah right. In Va., Northern Va. particularly the region seems purpously set up for ppl that dont want to be bothered at all. Such as most of the high ups at the Pentagon live off of roads so far away from main routes they look abandoned. Only to lead to often another road, often dirt to make ppl think the road ended, then loong driveways through dense woods to these absoloutely huge mini mansions. Seen em myself a couple of times.

I do believe Im right(somebody plz correct if not)that even after Jims "death" his bank accounts remained open and have been drawn upon ever since.

Is he alive now? Lemme think hed be mmmm...352..wait no early sixties I think.

If he came back to Va. and very easily bought a small mansion waaay off the beaten path then Id say yes hes alive. If he tried to travel the world incognito as most believe then Id say he died sometime in the eighties.

To many things just dont fit about his death. They seem pretty obvious to. Such as his closed casket being several inches to short for him. As far as I know there was also no autopsy. His body was taken away by the French police and never seen again by anybody at all afterwards. Like Jim, being the drama king he was/is had a field day entertaining himself with it all.

Man, if Morrison himself just appeared one day itd be chaos but at the same time Doors record sales would skyrocket overnight so theres my OPINIONS and THEORIES.

Thank you..

ps...the band and the singer were some of the best ever but his "poetry" was goofy as sh**..

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So Jim Morrison is now a hick???

Jim Morrison isn't so exotic looking that there wouldn't be many others who look like him. He's very plain looking as a matter of fact. This guy is just some 'neck who smoked one too many cow patties.

Peace

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
weird story, but i don't think i really believe it, disappearing of the face of the planet isn't all that easy when your face is so well known and your inclined towards getting hammered and going a bit nuts. JM wasn't known for his quite withdrawn nature.

if it were true i bet the years since might make a good story.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
ok so i registered for this. i have just posted to a blog on the same subject. Yes, things are starting to make more sense now.

Where to start, let´s see, jimbo was in paris mr cool allright and heavy on the booze. he was just with her going throught the motions but he was a wreck in every sense of the word.. i met him that summer while playing in cafe des arts in the 16th we did blues. He digged us and we hung out. In the following weeks I (think) got to know him better and found him nothing special at all, he had severe issues with his parents obviously. making jokes about his dad on the bottom of the ocean in a submarine,

He was not addicted to smack but drunk heavily. he wrote on napkins all the frigging time it was all crap.. Two days before he died we went to Pigalle with Pam, louis and some other cats and hung out till early he was bitching a lot about how it was all over anyway because he had no inspiration

next thing I know he is supposidly dead. I told my girfriend i was going to ask about him and i could not get not into the police morgue on rue de la barillerie because they had two gendarmes outside (non monsieur personne a la droit de passer). I thought screw this and forgot all about it, but louis later told me that Pam wouldn´t even speak to him about what had happened. Then the yadiya and funeral in Pere lachaise and all that very over the top with the flowers girls crying and catatonic and all that.

I forgot basically, but now reading the rodeo site thing are starting to make a little more sense I think he was sensitive but could be an incredible *snip*. ("Hey man you should come to L.A. with us...") appeartantly he liked my voice.

He still owns me 900 francs that selfish *snip*.

Noone was ever allowed in the morgue, the funeral was with a closed casket... I thought him smarter than to simply die from some bad horse.,,

He was not suicidal.. to be clear I would not visit him in Oregon, even if it is true (could be!). He was a *snip* then and probably is now..

This is all I can remember and have to say, hopefully it helps. bye guys

C.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-1-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Iforgot, I would like to get in touch with Gerald Pitts... Preferably through email first... There is no address. If you know please send it to me on my email. I want to call the guy and speak to him just to be sure.

I can tell within 60 seconds if it is him or not because I said something to him which was upsetting, and I am sure he remembers...

If it is him i will post it if i dont forget

i saw the snips sorry i did not know there was a censor here

BPI

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
There's a couple things that don't make sense about this. First, I visited the website and listened to the guy sing along with "Moonlight Drive", and he doesn't even sing the right words. He sings "it's our time to ride" and the actual lyrics are "it's our turn to try". The next line begins and he doesn't even know how it starts. He sounds like the old drunk guy at a party who tells everyone to shut up when his "favorite" song comes on (generally it is a Skynard song), then doesn't even know the words to it and just embarrasses himself right before passing out. That to me is a bold statement for a hoax. Granted, Jim Morrison has probably lost some brain cells over the years, but so have I, and I don't forget Doors lyrics. Plus, anyone who has seen the movie by Oliver Stone could've given the "I wrote that song on the beach" ... story.

Second, Jim Morrison a cowboy? Seriously? I didn't know Mr Morrison personally, due to the fact he was dead a couple years before my birth, but Jim was a poet and an artist. How many poet/artist/rock stars turn into ranchers? Jim does know something I bet most ranchers don't know. When all else fails we can whip the horse's eyes, and make them sleep and cry.

The whole scenerio regarding Jim's death was perfectly set up for a "dissappearing act", but this guy in Oregon just seems like some good ol boy drunk. If Morrison is alive, which is very possible, I don't think he would ever set foot in America again, much less become a Cowboy-American.

"Out here in the perimeter there are no stars. Out here we is stoned, Immaculate." Jim Morrison An American Prayer 1978

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Jim would be 64 now, and that guy looks to be in his mid to late 40's. No way would Jim look that healthy now. Heck, McCartney looks way old and he'd be about the same age and he is a vegetarian.

I agree though that the Doors rule, although I lost alot of respect for RM and RK when they did that reunion BS.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
Jim would be 64 now, and that guy looks to be in his mid to late 40's. No way would Jim look that healthy now. Heck, McCartney looks way old and he'd be about the same age and he is a vegetarian.

I agree though that the Doors rule, although I lost alot of respect for RM and RK when they did that reunion BS.

THANK YOU! oh well, guess i did have more to say......

Originally posted by justmeforonce
Iforgot, I would like to get in touch with Gerald Pitts... Preferably through email first... There is no address. If you know please send it to me on my email. I want to call the guy and speak to him just to be sure.

I can tell within 60 seconds if it is him or not because I said something to him which was upsetting, and I am sure he remembers...

If it is him i will post it if i dont forget

i saw the snips sorry i did not know there was a censor here

It would seem that this rodeo might be big news up there in Oregon, I cant see it being too hard to get ahold of this guy. Especially now that ol Jim is outta the grave...which brings me to this. You arent the only person gonna be lookin for money my friend. If it were Jim, ol Federal government is going be knocking on his door looking for their cut too. Not too mention faking your death , no matter what country you were living in, as a citizen of the USA is federal offense. Not even Elvis would get out of this one. There is no grandfather clause for that one I'm sure.

As I was thinking about it, I dont think Jim would become a cowboy. He believed his soul was taken over by a dying Native American he saw laying on the side of the road as a child (as the legend goes...). If anything, he'd be probaly living in New Mexico or old Mexico, South America.....somewhere I think that would keep him in touch with those 'roots'. But thats just my opinion. Besides, do you know how many people I've met throught the course of life that tried to convey to me that they were the re-incarnation of Jim Morrison? Never once have I met a Catherine the Great, King Louis IV, Abraham Lincoln , etc....All Jims. Point is again, he's dead - As a doornail. Respectively of course. And as much as they (The Doors) are one my favorites, I think Ray Manzarek and Robby Krieger should all get rochambeued in the bean-bags for these shenanigans. And Jimbo-I'mNOT-Morrison too.

spikeD.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by justmeforonce

Well I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing you because you said the flower girls at his funeral were catatonic but apparently he had a very small funeral with only a few people there. And to the person who said that Jim lived in VA, he actually moved around a lot and lived in Florida for quite a while. And to the other person who said that his poems were "goofy as *SNIP*" let me just say that Jim Morrison is one of the best poets ever in my humble opinion and he introduced the art of poetry to the art of rock and roll music.

Now on to my take on this. It is my personal belief that Jim is dead because I don't think he would of let Pamela Courson suffer the way she did after he died. I have no belief at all in this cowboy character but I will say that if anybody that famous could fake their death Jim would be the one able to do it. I wish that he was still alive but even if he didn't die in '72 then he would definately be dead by now due to his bad health. I'm sad to say this but I think it's time we all just admit he's dead. He will, however, live on in the artistic spirit of the universe.

RIP James Douglas Morrison- poet, rock star, lizard king.

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 26-1-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Universal Mind
This is truly The End.

...My only friend, the end...

Jim rules.

Too bad he's dead.

There is no way that guy in Oregon is Jim. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hey justmeforonce thats pretty heavy stuff man..like tell us more...lol

No really please do. Fascinating stuff. I for now believe you totally. Or you went pretty far out of your way to come up with it. Doesnt seem like it. The little details all throughout your post are pretty convincing. Of course I may be wrong. Still pretty cool stuff.

Yes Jim did indeed live in Northern Va. any biography of him will tell you the details. I cant remember if his dad was a captain or an admiral though. They sure as hell didnt get along very well.

As for being a cowboy I dunno...not enough drama for him...and that cant be him unless hes found a way to stop aging for at least twenty years. I think RM and RK are still in on it all the way. Wherever he is or was he had to be something that he could still stroke his rediculous ego with somehow with some kind of an audience. The Lizard King couldnt rome a solitary wanderer forever. Thinking about it Im wondering if hes left dozens of tall good lookin kids all over the world that get these mysterious checks in the mail from an alias of his that theyll never know who it is they just know that sometimes theres a short poem on the rather generous checks that maybe their mother reads to them with a knowing smile. Im thinking along the lines of:

Our love is like a sacred rose
you are the seed
I am the hose...

"Hey mom why are these checks always from Elektra records?"

Of course most likely hes some crazy stoned old man that hasnt shaven in ten years. Hes the crazy lookin drunk old homeless guy ppl try to avoid ....the one with the same damn black leather pants that he still has probably never washed!

Hmmm...nope. Untill someone can come up with either a body or an autopsy report or both..hes alive out there somewhere...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
JM moved to Paris to escape prosecution for obscentity charges. He was washed up. He was drug and alcohol addled. He burned out. 27, though is an interesting age to die. I wonder what it means. He was intelligent, though I don't think he qualifies as a genius. I loved his music, or should I say, The Doors music. The music moved me more than the words. It was a great collaboration of talented individuals. The organ playing the bass lines were an interesting innovation, when the rock world was relying on heavy bass lines. Father i want to kill you. Mother I want to ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Interesting. Right from Greek mythology. His father was an Admiral in the U.S. Navy. All in all I would love to hear his poetry now. Would it be rap? What exactly would he do now? Instead of JM I now adore John Waite. Much more descriptive.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Ray and Robby are rich, they are not hard up for money, their songs still sell.

They didn't say that Jim was dead, they didn't say that he was alive. They said that thousands of people claim to be him so they can't believe every single person. They also said that Jim was buried in a sealed casket, no one seen the body, except for a french doctor who could have been paid off and his wife, Pamela, who mysteriously died a year later. They said that, if anyone was to pull off this stunt, Jim would be the one to do it. They did not talk specifically about the guy in oregeon claiming to be Jim, even though that site claims to be government authentic (lmao) with thumb prints and all that. The only thing they don't have is the dna, becuase Jims dad doesnt care and doesnt want to go through that. All of you people can think what you want to think, if hes dead or alive, it doesnt matter, the point of this is that we still think about it and it still opens all the Doors to the possibilities within this consciousness through our minds.

Besides, I am the reincarnation of Jim. So he is alive.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsHumanNature
Soo there I was... hanging out with Jim Morrison, Marylin Monroe and JFK at one of Abe Lincolns WILD parties - and Marylin- falling down drunk (as usual) writes "SHOOT ME" on a piece of paper and tapes it to Jacks back!!! I was laughing so hard I stumbled backwards into Adolf and spilled his Snapps!!!!

Star and flag for your brilliant post mate, but by the way Adolf never touched Schnapps because he was 100% teetotal. Or did he start drinking after his 100th birthday?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Jim is gone........Birdman he was..........His poems are not great...His studio music was ok....But live in concert....WOW man could he perform.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by earthtone

Actually right before Jim died he had lost the weight he gained. He was preparing to leave Paris to return to the States but unfortunately died.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by The Universal Mind

doors are great, strange days is my fav album by far...however this alive theory is no diffrent then the tupac alive or elvis. Its not about the music, its about the way out theory. Jim Morrison is gone, and we have to deal with it.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Even if he is alive, what good does it do for the average Doors fan? He's not making music anymore so I don't see big deal. If he faked his death then good for him. The Doors are dead, and that will never change.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join