It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I weird for wanting a Situation X type event to happen?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LightinDarkness

I'm comparing my strategy for change to that of socrates, not myself. I'm irrelevant to anything until i exercise my expression. I'm using the most powerful tools i possess to effect a needed change in a peaceful manner.

Not that this is a "corps are evil" thread, it's a fact that they run the planet from the boardroom, political decisions revolve around corporate economics. I'm just saying how the game is, they're the root of most of the serious problems in this world. They're the ones with the greatest economic leverage, a few large companies can economically break the govenment with strategic investing, the government is economically held hostage. The ballot box don't matter when lobbyists grease pockets with millions. Even my 1 vote among hundreds of millions doesn't hold the weight of one man's vote.

Humble doesn't mean silent, either. If you find my words shocking, you should thank me for stimulating your thought. Did i not awaken some thoughts inside you with the power of words? I'm glad you disagree with me so vociferously and passionately, regardless of the topic. That shows me you care about what you believe.

Billions suffer unnecessarily at the hands of the slavemasters and eugenecists, and the sooner that any event shifts the balance to end the suffering that most of the world endures, the better. Be it from catastrophe or mass awakening, or anything in between. It has nothing to do with humble, it's war tactics. We're in an economic class war in the western world , and most don't know it. I implore all to educate yourselves on the reality of the situation, to realize what's important and what is a pile of slave labor produced plastic uselessness that i see masses filling up shopping carts with used as a tool in class warfare. This is the flavor of slavery in the western world, and western outsourced world.

Corporations aren't evil, evil corporations are evil and that's where the real "axis of evil" lies. There are corporations out there doing good things to effect peaceful change, but due to some of these companies practicing the long forgotten art of ethics, they remain insignificant players on the global stage. It's a simple fact you don't make a billion dollars in this world without exploiting people. Same with governments, not all government is evil, but most of the major players on the world stage only get to play the game by manipulating and exploiting people.

I do agree though that wanting something to happen to test yourself or to break the boredom is selfish also, just as sitting on the couch praying for the tv to work forever so you're not inconvenienced. I get my adrenaline rushes by testing myself on a daily basis, whether it be a 30 mile hike in adverse conditions over a mountain range, freestyle battling hardcore emcees in front of a crowd, or any number of the ways that the test is handed down. I'm an adrenaline junkie on a high order, and on a bike, board, microphone, or hanging off a rock wall at night in a rainstorm picking my way to the top, i get my dose so heavily my veins burn.

Even if the masses should awaken, do you think the government and all the paid corporate armies are just going to relinquish power? Do you think the owners of the plantation will awaken also and see the light, release the slaves, and abolish their unethical practices of exploitation? Or will the armies of the elite quash the uprising with force? Awakening most likely will bring a new war, with more suffering and martyrdom. A cataclysmic natural event is the most likely event to level the playing field that has been for so long severely unbalanced.

I don't believe anyone in particular deserves to die, but you seem to do, so much for your peace and love, huh? I think that people are either going to suffer from overpopulation and oppression, or from depopulation via catastrophe. Twelve billion people attempting to survive off what's left of the planet after we're through with raping her is the most horrific scenario i could imagine, everyone will suffer until death in hunger, thirst, disease, poverty, and war on a scale of which humanity has never seen. An asteroid strike, pole shift, sea level rise, ice age, or other natural event would cause much less suffering for humanity that the future we are blindly stumbling towards with heavy footsteps in unchecked directions.

I'd be all for the power players using the trillions of dollars of profit to invest in renewable resources, peace, and equality, but we all know a trillion dollars is only going to be used to buy more war, slavery, and oppression. It's more that i fear the catastrophe that the lack of a catastrophic event will bring.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Don't you? I mean you have to be wondering WHY you think these things. Maybe it's got more to do with instinct than it does anything else. I don't want to tell you what you think. But it seems like a feeling I've analyzed many times before..And find myself doing it now.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This has been an excellent thread, and kudos to everybody who ventured to share their true feelings despite the strong possibility of suffering criticism and alienation from their fellow posters.

What strikes me, reading through as many of these posts as possible, is the overwhelming number of us who share a feeling for change. I think there's a tendency for us to 'keep a lid' on these emotions for fear that our thinking is anti-social and potentially unhealthy.

I want to state my sense that what is really being said is not a desire for death and destruction, but rather a radical change of perspective. Most of us feel alienated from the world around us. Ours is an impersonal and passionless civilization, driven not by the interaction of people in public forums but by the flow of currencies and numbers in an invisible stream of data. Whomever or whatever drives our society appears to be asleep at the wheel. While we wish to protest, we fear there's no one in charge, no one listening, no one who is going to be the change we so desperately want.

I don't think it's always been this way. I believe the generation that faced and overcame the threat of Nazi Germany in the 1940s didn't suffer this sense of dissatisfaction. While I would not wish to trade places with that generation and the hardships it endured, I suspect they shared a sense of belonging. They knew their purpose, they had focus and a moral conviction for what constitued truth. They held a belief worth dying for, and many did.

And perhaps we don't require a similar war or some act of destruction to find our meaning, to find a banner worth rallying behind. What we require is an event that transcends social class, geography and religion. Perhaps the discovery of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe might be just such an act. To know that we are not alone, that we share the stage with others, would be incentive enough for governments and ourselves to put aside our disagreements and work towards a more meaningful future, where substance takes priority over materialism, where land and oil has little value.

Otherwise, I fear this dissatisfaction will spread and become the common thread that binds us. Then we might see the worst in human nature once more rise to the surface, with all its violence and greed and destruction. In this nuclear age, such a wave of hostility might beckon our doom.

Check out my blog: Esoterica in America

[edit on 26-1-2008 by AJ Lavender]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AJ Lavender

Extremely well stated. Stars for this one for sure.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Pehaps the mentioned "instincts" of hopeless feeling the way some of us do, echos the warnings of some of the most prescient minds of our time, e.g.,

"We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men."
-George Orwell-

"Restatement of the obvious" I think includes the following(others are welcome to add to this).

1. State of world affairs are such that we need a clean slate.
2. 911 is an inside job(some may vehemently disagree).
3. In this vast universe, we cannot be alone, especially in the face of so many UFO sightings(if just one of the thousands of sightings are true, whole thing is true, as any gambling man will gladly take this position based on pure probability).
4. Most of us are slaves to the system run by masters both seen and unseen.
5. American politics is driven by not common folks, like you and I, but by the entrenched special interests, despite all the hoopla of a democratic government "by the people, for the people.."
6. Wars around the world are caused by the permanent 5 members of the UN security council(US, Britain, Russia, France, China). These countries are the top exporters of arms(huge profit) to the rest of the world.
7. Humanity is on a fast track to self destruction.

I think most of us will agree that the current state of world affairs need change big time, and since we can't seem to do it of our own accord, perhaps an x event can thrust us into the needed change, just maybe.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I know where you all are coming from. By the way, I'm 42 and have a husband and son I love more than anything, and of course I'm scared for them (and me), but the desire for some big cataclysm to happen is even stronger.

I think that people wish for that to happen could be called "Phoenix out of the Ashes" syndrome -- we're seeing what is going on in the world and our country today, and we feel powerless to change anything. We're being screwed by our leaders left and right, the very people who are supposed to look out for our well-being. It's like being betrayed by your parents. Then again, most of us (and I count myself in) are too scared to move to Washington with torches and pitchforks... who wants to be the first to get jailed, tasered or even shot? No one, of course.

And what is it we have to look forward to in coming years?

Earth and climate changes, peak oil, economic meltdown, an ever-tightening police state, maybe chip implants so they can totally control us, detention camps for dissenters, a one-world government and complete enslavement by the elite...

To everyone who sees those things coming, a major natural disaster or an asteroid hitting the Earth would be a RELIEF. It would destroy the grip the PTB have on us, it would force us to start from scratch again, to work together instead of against each other, to drop our consumerism and materialism and re-embrace "old-fashioned" values like hard work, honesty, service to community, altruism, humility. Life would also become much less fast paced -- e.g., in life after peak oil with most modern technology unavailable, we would be forced to slow down and look within again.

I recommend reading the sci-fi novel (it's actually #1 of a trilogy) "Dies the Fire" by S.M. Stirling. It's based on the premise that one day in our time, all of a sudden there's some flash in the sky and all things electric stop working -- as well as guns. Result: lots of people die, but those who don't start building small communities to hoard food, get seeds, start farming, etc. Basically, the book describes how the situation brings out the best in some people and the worst in others. Of course, there are not just the "good guys" but also maroding bands of thugs, and some guys try to make themselves the "overlords" of this suddenly medieval-style world.

I was fascinated by the book; one of my dreams was always to go and live with a Native American tribe that still holds up the "old ways." I think it's just a longing for old-time community, old-time values and such, without the ever-blasting TV, computers, and all the other things that keep people from talking to each other face to face. I'm also tired of the "religion" of individualism, as in "every man for himself." I would like to be part of a tight-knit community where people know and help each other, and where their skills complement each other so they can barter for necessities.

Of course it would be nice if such a disaster would wipe out all the a**holes and would leave only the good people -- a "reverse rapture," so to speak. That's probably why Christians so fervently believe in the rapture; it makes them feel good to "know" that the good will be saved and the bad will get what's coming to them. There's a similar New Age belief about 2012; that we may shift into the fifth dimension (of course only those who are "ready," i.e., spiritually advanced). I don't know what to think of all that... I just know that I'm yearning for a simpler and more meaningful life. And that's basically the bottom line.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I know a few people who feel the way you do. And there are a few possible causes I have noticed.
1st, they are young and don't know any better.
2nd, they have some sort of problem like being an adrenaline junkie or suicidal.
3rd, they are older, have never been in any sort of dangerous situation and are just silly in the head.
4th, they have some sort of problem with reality.

From the perspective of having been through bad situations, and others also will think that wanting to be part of a tragedy or disaster if foolishness. I would add more description of my opinion but that would be mean.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nilkin67

Well I'm 29, have a family, have spent time in combat in both the military as well as the private sector, and I like to think I have a pretty firm grip on reality because of my life experiences.

#2 is the only possible option, but I havent tried offing myself, and the adrenaline junkie days are behind me.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

I don't think I could've phrased it better myself.

Although, again, I'll admit that it is not necessarily a yearning for this to happen. But in reality, I have a feeling that this is more my "animal" instincts telling me that something big is going to happen, just the same as when other animals sense danger coming.

I do agree that I am not necessarily in the same boat with the way our society has gone either. I have, even for a fleeting moment, considered the idea of going into an indian reserve like the Lakota reserve to get away. But then again I'm not sure how that will really play out once I'd get there (you know... "the grass is always greener" etc. then you realize it's not really all as great as you thought.) so I'm still very wary. I do check out the survival threads here a lot to get some helpful hints in case situation X does end up ocurring and I have to make a choice. I will admit that I will not allow my govt. to chip me and tag me like cattle which is exactly what they want to do. (How do you even know if your body will even accept having this foreign object inside you in the first place?) I'll sooner escape. My father knows this already and even he himself has stated he will not accept it, so I'm glad I won't be the only one in my family to see the insanity in that plan.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Just go play a video game, if you want an escape from reality...

All the events you mentioned would be chaotic uncontrollable situations.

-A Cloverfield type event... That would probably be the worst thing, concidering the indestructability of the Alien Creature.

No you don't want some Alien Creature from space that can withstand bombs dropped from a B2 Bomber ruling the Earth...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
It really makes my heart feel good, knowing that there are so many that feel what I am and have been feeling for quite some time now...

IHMO, so many are so ready for change because we're all done with the lies... And we know that the PTB won't be giving up their power and control, just because we asked nicely enough...

Methinks we don't have much longer to wait, neither... I can feel it in me bones...

Good Luck, when it does...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

What I think that you are referring to is Cockadoodle-two. Weave through each step:

Prohibition, stock market crash, WWII

Illegal Marijuana, ___________, ______________,

Now go get that oil before we run you off the cliff! - The Pope (after denouncing capitalism)

www.golden-lamp.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I too wouldn't mind for a large chaotic event to occur, the event in itself would be an experience.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
noyouare not weird or wrong. I too feel the same way. a massive attack on this country and the rest of the world is what is needed now! mankind needs to be kicked hard in the balls and needs to be humbeled. we as a society have become selfish,arrogant, and greedy cock bites. we don;t give a rats ass about the common good or the welfare of our fellow man. I eagerly look forward to an alien attack/nuclear war/ disaster of some kind. I SAY WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL F#%K THE WORLD AND THE PEOPLE ON IT!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I for one would not like to see a situation X. It might be exciting at first but when all hell breaks lose I think most people would wish that it never happened.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think I would want something to happen just so we can know that we were at least right about something.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If I could take the thread in a slightly different direction for a moment, for those of you that feel strongly that 'something' will soon happen, would you share what you expect that event to be?

I'm interested to know if most of us sense one event's imminence over any other. For instance, do you feel this impending event will be an uprising/revolution, or a natural disaster, or war, or what?

Personally, i feel that there might be a significant social uprising in the U.S. at least, due to falling oil reserves, water rights, and a potential economic depression.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AJ Lavender
If I could take the thread in a slightly different direction for a moment, for those of you that feel strongly that 'something' will soon happen, would you share what you expect that event to be?

I'm interested to know if most of us sense one event's imminence over any other. For instance, do you feel this impending event will be an uprising/revolution, or a natural disaster, or war, or what?

Personally, i feel that there might be a significant social uprising in the U.S. at least, due to falling oil reserves, water rights, and a potential economic depression.

In my experience, whenever I get this "feeling" or "instinctual warning" the only thing I can ever recall is the sky getting dark and a mass gathering of very sad, and very upset people. They look like a herd of animals, all squashed together into a tiny space.
That's all I ever recall, but I can't tell you honestly whether they gathered because of an uprising, or because they're trying to escape a natural disaster. Whenever I have this "instinctual warning" I get the feeling I should get away from these big crowds for some reason. Don't ask me why, again, it's only a feeling I get.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Question

That's interesting. I think many of us avoid the crowd. Maybe it's a fear of the herd mentality kicking in, or mass hysteria sweeping through a group of frightened people.

Either way, in the event of something disasterous there are numerous reasons to avoid larger pockets of civilization. I think of disease and how quickly it spreads through a big populace, or a hostile takeover, which would probably take place first in the cities.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

To the OP and others feeling like him: It is scientific fact that this is natural.

Humans Crave Violence Just Like Sex

New research on mice shows the brain processes aggressive behavior as it does other rewards. Mice sought violence, in fact, picking fights for no apparent reason other than the rewarding feeling.
The mouse brain is thought to be analogous to the human brain in this study, which could shed light on our fascination with brutal sports as well as our own penchant for the classic bar brawl.

Humans crave violence just like sex
So you have nothing to worry about!!
Sorry, it is late...I skimmed 2/3 of the posts, hope this article not posted already.

[edit on 1/27/2008 by palehorse23]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join