It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Terror in Germany???

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2002 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I know a woman who works at the Frankfurt airport in Germany. She works at a cafeteria. Last week she told me something really strange. A man with a turban on his head came in there and drank a coffee. After he went out she went to his table to clean it and saw that he forgot his wallet. So she took it and put it behind the counter. She looked in it before and saw that there was about 50.000 in it (about 50.000$). After a while the man came back to get the wallet and she gave it to him and he wanted to thank her and wanted to give her 1000, but she didn't take them. So he went away again and came back again after a while. He just wanted to tell her not to go to any big partys with alot of people.
Maybe he was joking but what about the 50.000 ?? YOu don't just have 50.000 in you wallet just for fun. What do you think about this?




posted on Dec, 14 2002 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I think she's stupid. She had to take the 1000 bucks.



posted on Dec, 14 2002 @ 06:34 AM
link   
lol yeah I would have taken them



posted on Dec, 14 2002 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I am not saying your story is fiction Panther, but it sounds awfully 'urban legendish' to me - I swear I read an email with a story like this that was a hoax.



posted on Dec, 14 2002 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If I had told you 3 years ago this story what would you have thought?
Oil rich arab!



posted on Dec, 14 2002 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It's just a different version of the "Thanks for the help. Here's a tip: Don't drink Coke products!" urban legend, I'd imagine.



posted on Dec, 14 2002 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Would there be much to gain by attacking Germany, when they seem to be anti-war and have soured relatoins with the US ?



posted on Dec, 14 2002 @ 02:33 PM
link   
ya this sounds pretty fake MS ur right germany is anti-war so al qaeda or whoever doesn't have much to gain



posted on Dec, 14 2002 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Who says this has to be Al Qaeda? Who's to say US isn't hiring people to commit terrorist acts just to serve their agenda. Wouldn't it be more probable to assume that US has the most to gain from terrorist attacks in foreign countries!!!



posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Aren't turbans normally associated with Sikhs from India? Or did you mean one of those sheikh type headresses that the Saudi's seem fond of wearing?



posted on Dec, 15 2002 @ 01:58 PM
link   
50,000$ in a wallet...!?!?!?!?!?!?



posted on Dec, 16 2002 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snappahead
Or did you mean one of those sheikh type headresses that the Saudi's seem fond of wearing?

That's what I meant



posted on Dec, 16 2002 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by f16falcon
ya this sounds pretty fake MS ur right germany is anti-war so al qaeda or whoever doesn't have much to gain

Then why did they attack bali?? They don't care about the country, they just want to proove their power and get the peoples attention...



posted on Dec, 19 2002 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by StalkingPanther
I know a woman who works at the Frankfurt airport in Germany. She works at a cafeteria. Last week she told me something really strange. A man with a turban on his head came in there and drank a coffee. After he went out she went to his table to clean it and saw that he forgot his wallet. So she took it and put it behind the counter. She looked in it before and saw that there was about 50.000 in it (about 50.000$). After a while the man came back to get the wallet and she gave it to him and he wanted to thank her and wanted to give her 1000, but she didn't take them. So he went away again and came back again after a while. He just wanted to tell her not to go to any big partys with alot of people.
Maybe he was joking but what about the 50.000 ?? YOu don't just have 50.000 in you wallet just for fun. What do you think about this?


I live in Germany, and I can tell you that 50.000 does not fit in a wallet! The largest Euro denomination is 500 Those things are huge, and they don't even fit in all but the biggest wallets to begin with. to get 50.000 Euros worth, you'd need to have 100 of these bills. 100 sheets of ordinary copier paper is over a centimeter thick. Euro paper money is thicker than that. There's no way they could fit in a billfold or mens wallet. This story is bunk.



posted on Dec, 20 2002 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I live in Germany too and I know they are big. I don't know this woman that well so I can't really trust her maybe she talks sh**. But there are some wallets where you can put a lot of money in. The busdrivers in Germany have it maybe you know them Amerist...



posted on Dec, 20 2002 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The Arab headress is called a "gutra" (many spellings, but that's the phonetic spelling). Turbans however are worn as well, but it is typically more associated with Shiite Muslims than the more common (and more moderate) Sunni Muslims.

I agree with the Urban Legend identification of this one, though still thought provoking...

[Edited on 20-12-2002 by Gazrok]



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join