It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorant Rappers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
For those of you who follow hip-hop I'm sure you heard about the arresting of Lil Wayne yesterday. If you don't well check it out..DEA agents stopped his tour bus in Yuma, Arizona and found coc aine, pills, over $22,000 in cash and three unregistered fire arms.

A few months ago rapper T.I. was also arrested because of his purchasing of a small aresanal.

I'm a huge hip-hop fan.. It's my favorite genre of music and I"ve been listening to it for a while now but this kinda stuff pisses me off. This is the reason why the rap and hip-hop community is frowned upon by the mainstream media and other groups/orginizations. I love T.I.'s music and Lil Wayne's.. in fact they're two of my favorite but when i Hear about things like this it makes me feel ashamed to support artists like these.

This isn't really even about selling drugs either.. It's about ignorance. These rappers are obviously well off..making big money doing shows and selling albums.. Why keep selling drugs? I can understand.. not necassarily agree with but understand if you need to sell drugs to get out of poverty but when you're a multi million dollar rapper you shouldn't even be around the stuff.. let alone TRAFFICING it.

the police must love these rappers, they confess their crimes on tape and stand out like a sore thumb anywhere they go, plus they're always holding weapons money and drugs. it's like a cops wet dream.

heres the chorus from one of lil waynes more recent singles duffle bag boy
" If i dont do nuthin imma ball
im countin all day like the clock on the wall
I got pills and coke- in my duffle bag boy
say I got pills and coke- in my little duffle bag boy"

smh

any thoughts?

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Yea I cando it in freestyle.

Yo these rappers got dough like a pizza place, they filthy rich and are still dumb as a rapper trying to make a come back named mace. They gonna still sell dop? after they made it big time? They need to check into a mental hospital for selling stupid rhymes, they gonna get cuaght, over and over, they have no brains like a white guy skateboarding in traffic and getting ran over. Do I get it? no, they stay hardcore just to get the dough, its just an image? Nah that aint true, they stay hardcore just to appeal to their young crew, of fans, when they get older its gonna hit them harder than Mike Tyson punching vince mcmahon..

seriously, These guys will always keep that hardcore exterior.

You see being (soft) is like a plague to them. They gotta kep that ungentile harcore image in front of their homeboys they once knew, and they land in trouble for it.

People just dont maturetoday in the right way.

peace.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Oh, they still do need to be prayed for, they are souls of God, so that they may mature and lose the hardcore exterior, atleast ouside of their music videos.

peace.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roland Deschain
This isn't really even about selling drugs either.. It's about ignorance. These rappers are obviously well off..making big money doing shows and selling albums.. Why keep selling drugs? I can understand.. not necassarily agree with but understand if you need to sell drugs to get out of poverty but when you're a multi million dollar rapper you shouldn't even be around the stuff.. let alone TRAFFICING it.

I don't think they were selling anything. I know they had a lot of drugs on board, but I think it was for personal use for him and his crew.

www.vibe.com...

After Wayne was taken in, the Arizona US Attorney turned over the case to the State of Arizona, who brought Wayne up on charges of possession of coc aine, ecstacy and drug paraphernalia. He was released this afternoon on $10,000 bond, with a court date set for 11 am Friday.

He was charged with felony possesion. Doesn't make him any less ignorant though, he agreed to letting the cops search his bus. :shk:

[edit on 1/24/08 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
While he may not have been selling it I'm sure he had more than a "personal amount"... I'm sure dude was rolling around with a couple of keys of coke on him plus a couple hundred dollars in pills.

thanks for the posts

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roland Deschain
While he may not have been selling it I'm sure he had more than a "personal amount"... I'm sure dude was rolling around with a couple of keys of coke on him plus a couple hundred dollars in pills.

Well how many people ride in the tour bus? 10? 20? What would be considered a 'personal amount' for that many people?

Oh well, using the drugs is just as dumb as selling them IMO.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Roland Deschain

All I have to say is when I read the news about this one, all I could do was shake my head in disgust. This is a person people actually look up to.

I hope they throw the book at him as an example!

top topics

join