It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Smoking (Anti-Aircraft) Guns (of Los Angeles, 1942)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I found another classified memo that is related to the 1942 Battle of LA event. In this memo dated March 5, 1942, the then Secretary of Defense wrote to the then President that they have recovered an unidentified craft from the coast of California and that they have determined that it is of interplanetary origin:

You can find this and other classified documents about ufo's here:
www.majesticdocuments.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If you go to google earth and zoom to Culver City you'll see that the terain to the west and south west is very flat as indicated by the very vertical and horizontal streets, to the north west is the Santa Monica Mountains zoom in and spin the map so that NW of Culver city is straight to the top, then tilt the map so you are looking at the horizon. This may be a way to zero in on the outline of the terain in the photo with the search lights.

Also I believe in one of the eye witness accounts he said it started from the NW and moved south.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
WOW. Just wanted to say GREAT thread. Its funny how when the Government cant laugh at something and debunk it with rediculous statments very few internet debunkers even try. Maybe because they always look to the government for their explinations?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hello everyone,

I don't have much time now, but thanks for the info. I'll respond as soon as I'm able. I'm on a library internet connection, while I'm here trying to get a library card (my old one isn't valid anymore apparently).

I managed to get pretty far on the AA Battery map, so I thought I would post it so that we can begin to fact check the results so far.

I think it's important that we don't come to any 'solid' conclusions until we've verified that these points are the only places where AA Batteries were located in Feb. of '42.

I encourage all interested to check my research. These points are approximations only, based on Google's resources (props to google maps!).

Let's make sure we've got every point of reference plotted, but already the map is interesting. Without further ado, here it is:

Source (even though ATS formatting does that for me
:
img165.imageshack.us...

If you want to see the whole map, click on it, then click in the bottom right corner of the image for it to load in large size.

For best viewing, save the photo and open it up in MS Paint, Photoshop, CS2, (substitute your favorite image analysis program here)...

I believe that my one missing point of reference, Rocky Point Battery, is located in Long Beach, but I haven't been able to verify that, and from what I've read it appears to be along the coast to the west of Long Beach.

Also of note, I only used the source earlier (See: YOU HIT THE JACKPOT!!!) posted, and also included the point witnessed in this thread, the Riverside Battery (Approximation only).

Be ASSURED that I will be constantly updating this map, and posting a link to the current image here, based upon new information posted in this thread.

Thank everyone for their ideas and research, I'll be back when I have more time to comment

-WFA

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
All the batteries from Santa Monica south would be on a flat skyline, I believe the photo is showing batteries from Point Hueneme north.

The hilly terain is the Santa Monica Mnts. between the SM battery and Point Hueneme, Need to find the batteries north.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
After looking at the link for the image analysis and then following another link, I came across acouple of eye-witness accounts. One from a person identified as H.C. gave his then location as Adams and crenshaw facing west, the other, identified as Scott Littleton, who gave an address of 2500 Strand. I went to Google maps and their stories both were geographically accurate. The short story being that after I printed out the Google image, I plotted the reported accounts, and the whatever looks to have come in over Hermosa travelling S.W. going just north of Long Beach, then disappearing over Signal Hill. I am looking to find more accounts so as to narrow this down.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
After looking at the link for the image analysis and then following another link, I came across acouple of eye-witness accounts. One from a person identified as H.C. gave his then location as Adams and crenshaw facing west, the other, identified as Scott Littleton, who gave an address of 2500 Strand. I went to Google maps and their stories both were geographically accurate. The short story being that after I printed out the Google image, I plotted the reported accounts, and the whatever looks to have come in over Hermosa travelling S.W. going just north of Long Beach, then disappearing over Signal Hill. I am looking to find more accounts so as to narrow this down.

I just did the same, H.C.'s address is approx 3 miles due east of Culver City where the photo was taken, so looking NW would be looking over the SM mountains, again, need locations of batteries north of SM mountains.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by M4TX7]

[edit on 26-1-2008 by M4TX7]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by M4TX7

HI M4TX7, thanks for your ideas, I still think it's a little early to determine which locations the lights in the picture depict.

We do not yet know the locations of every Battery, for certain, we should look for further sources, and plot them all against the map.

Also, I don't agree that the areas S and SW of Culver City are completely flat. I was just driving on the 10 yesterday (above Culver City) while thinking about this, and noticed several smaller mountain ranges in that direction. I looked on the Google terrain maps too, and it does look like there is nothing of interest down there, but from the ground it looks different, and this picture (I'm assuming) was taken from the ground. Those mountains might seriously just be hills.

Also, we must remember the estimates given in regards to the searchlight data posted in this thread. There must be a distance limit for how far away you can see searchlights from. 35 miles was one approximation. We need to know for sure. Then we can draw a radius circle from Culver City and really figure out WHICH 9 searchlights we're looking at.

Don't get me wrong, you could be 100% correct, and I'm willing to agree if I can see more evidence. As of now though, we don't have enough to go on. I encourage ALL to keep at this mystery. Further data will give us our answers.

I'll be at this in my offline time also, be assured
It's got my full attention. I won't be online again (I don't think) until tomorrow, but I'll post what I've learned then.

On another note, I got my library card renewed, and will be making a lengthy trip some time in the next few weeks. A very nice librarian told me that I can find the Microfiche I'm looking for at the Downtown Branch on 5th st. Also she instructed me on how to use their online library. It's amazing, and it's at:
www.lapl.org...

They have transcripts online going back to the 1880's from several newspaper databases. I'll be looking over the next week for transcript sources for the articles we already know about.

Anybody who wants to help with this aspect of the research is more than welcome.

Thanks everyone for your hard work and your patience, every time I come back to this thread I get more and more excited!

-WFA

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

ET Exposing the Fraud of Militarism

Good report on early ET event.
Before nuclear weapons ET had already stepped in and began to help humanity enter into another type of lifestyle rather than Militarism.

We are sitting only minutes away from the total and absolute extermiantion of the human race with the use of nuclear weapons, and our nuclear war fighting elite are still frauding us.

Our elite have bet everything on their ability to kill us all, before we can figure it all out.

Our elite decided long ago to destroy the human race with nuclear weapons, and they have never stepped back from that decision.

When you all understand that we are the "Living Dead,' then you may respond and act in a manner that will bring the political strength to end the existence of nuclear weapons on this planet

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
The peak you're looking for..I wonder if it is the one with Griffith Observatory?

Nope. That big structure is more likely to be a large oil storage tank. According to the newspaper descriptions, the thing(s) were spotted on radar coming in from the ocean over San Pedro. The way I understand it (please correct me if I'm wrong), the fight path went something like this:

Which, if it continued in a relatively straight line, would have taken it out into the desert to... AREA 51!!

Yes, that's the BIG SECRET. The 1942 time ship from the future, which was huge, eventually crashed in the desert because of the damage it sustained from the anti-aircraft batteries. When it was discovered by the Army and Navy, it was determined to be too big to move at the time, so instead they just built a big secret facility around it. Initial investigation of the ship provided enough fissionable material to the Manhattan Project to build the atomic bomb. And the facility has been used as a storage and research area for all recovered anachronistic material ever since.

Good science fiction, huh?

[edit on 27-1-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I'm glad to see people researching and posting in this thread.

Good stuff everyone. This is what ATS is all about.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WitnessFromAfar

I'll be along the coast a bit this weekend, and will inquire at the LifeGuard Stations as to where the Anti-Aircraft Batteries and Searchlights were located. If anyone has any further data, I'd love to hear it.

We need to know the following:
1) Locations of searchlights
2) Limitations of searchlights (distance they shine)

-WFA

I would assume some of those searchlight would come from some of the former NIKE missile sites. There's one that I frequently hike around "dirt" Mullholland. Dirt Mullholland is located west of the 405 driving on Mullholland Drive, a dirt roads veer off, often refered to as dirt Mullholland.

I live in Venice, and my first instict watching th photo was....Thats not over Culvet city. Obviously that is Santa Monica mountains in the bg. It seems to me the "valley" searchlights are shooting almost straight up, perhaps a little soutbound, which would place the craft more over Bel Air, Pacific Palisades or something.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WitnessFromAfar

I'll be along the coast a bit this weekend, and will inquire at the LifeGuard Stations as to where the Anti-Aircraft Batteries and Searchlights were located. If anyone has any further data, I'd love to hear it.

We need to know the following:
1) Locations of searchlights
2) Limitations of searchlights (distance they shine)

-WFA

I would assume some of those searchlight would come from some of the former NIKE missile sites. There's one that I frequently hike around "dirt" Mullholland. Dirt Mullholland is located west of the 405 driving on Mullholland Drive, a dirt roads veer off, often refered to as dirt Mullholland.

I live in Venice, and my first instict watching th photo was....Thats not over Culvet city. Obviously that is Santa Monica mountains in the bg. It seems to me the "valley" searchlights are shooting almost straight up, perhaps a little soutbound, which would place the craft more over Bel Air, Pacific Palisades or something.

Check out this site over former NIKE misslile bases.

ed-thelen.org...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Can someone post links to each eye witness account?

A couple I have read say it traveled from the NW S along the coast.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
ed-thelen.org...

This could help:-)

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What you all going to do with this information?

Do you leave it just to be only to this thread or do you people have further options doing with this information?

If its truth what you speak, then its worth to tell about it to whole earth even if they are not listening, they will see and it come's their mind and they will think about it soon after you spam it again and again and again in their mind through media or other way. If its an lie, then we should not speak, but if its really truth, then it should be speaken more than just one thread. I gave you suggestion what should do with worthy information if its that worthy, if you people really want "Worldwide diplomacy with E.T people" come more faster done, then make further plans to information than leave it just one thread.

Bye.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by Silenteye]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I would assume that, being one of the earlier "modern" sightings...People dealt with it differently...Pre-government knowledge/involvement UFO sightings meant fire at will......Now, they merely make a mockery out of it and hush it down

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Found something interesting... it's not helpful to the mission here, but it is odd.

from this link, www.ngb.army.mil/features/AF60th/ANG_CHRON_1908-2007.doc
you can download the CHRONOLOGICAL HISTORY OF THE AIR NATIONAL GUARD AND ITS ANTECEDENTS, 1908 - 2007

And looking through to 1942, you get this..

22 February 1942. While flying a tow target for gunners at Fort McArthur, Orv Shelton, a pilot in the California National Guard’s mobilized 115th Observation Squadron, spotted a Japanese submarine in the channel between Catalina Island and the mainland.

7 September 1942. The 107th, 109th, and 153rd Observation Squadrons began setting up for operations at Membury, Wiltshire in the United Kingdom as part of the Army Air Forces’ 67th Observation Group, later redesignated the 67th Tactical Reconnaissance Group.

notice the oddness? Not one mention of the thread related operation...

and just as a reminder to WFA, the searchlights have a 5 meter wide beam, with a range of 5 miles approx. and can be seen from over 35 miles away

so if you're standing 35 miles away and a light is pointing 5 miles up..you'll see the beam.

continuing the search now...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steff
I would assume that, being one of the earlier "modern" sightings...People dealt with it differently...Pre-government knowledge/involvement UFO sightings meant fire at will......Now, they merely make a mockery out of it and hush it down

Hey, i just got great plan what just came in my mind when i was thinking your text at they want these things silence.

Are you interested making with me worldwide video channel of Ufo sightings, E.T people and with these documents what are here? Everyone can help with this so this will get worldwide diplomacy with e.t people coming more faster done. This is genious and amazing idea.

I tell little about from this video channel. We put it to internet so everyone can look it, we can put site different languages so everyone can read it, i can translate site to my language if other one hasn't done it yet and other country translates it their language, so we get multilanguage site but first one what language we do it is english. Ok let's go forward, we have now site but idea is still in hidden, so what we need to this is "People". We have line there where people can give their time so that person from his ip can join to that time if its free, but important thing is at because usually news coming end so quickly and Ufo experts not can talk much so we need that kind system there at people can give time how long they talk and when they start if that time is free. But we do that kind system there too at if someone thought at he/she will talk that long but didn't talk, so after he/she leaves, other one can start talk from his experience of ufo sightings or E.T or something this like.

What people need to join there to talk their own ufo experience or E.T thing or something. Microphone and webcamera.

These was basics to start, we can change the system because i see some of this my text something what we could change but i told now basics of it so "Anyone interested to do with me this"?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenteye

Silenteye, thank you for your input and your idea, but please try to keep to the topic of this thread.

You could send steff a U2U to explain your idea that way, or post your idea in your own thread on the forum.

thank you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join