It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 Predictions - Let's hear em!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I thought this would be interesting. Name your predicted Dem vs Rep contenders and then who will win. Briefly explain why. Then name your dream VS.
I will go first:

Predicted versus:
Clinton vs Romney

Predicted winner:
Clinton

Reason:
Clinton, facing the flip flopper that Romney is, will rally Democratic support with the `We have to clean up the Republican mess` card. Not to mention she probably is already the chosen winner.

Dream versus:
Clinton vs Paul - With his sound ideas and solid voting record, I believe Clinton would never stand a chance as long as Paul`s message would be heard across the nation.

I want to know what you guys think.
And don`t be shy to elaborate as much as you see fit.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by vegno]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well I will throw in my lot for the sake of discussion.

Rudy - Mitt or Huckabee Vs Clinton and Obama I'm less certain about the VP pick on the dems side of the fence.

Anyway I'm picking the Clinton ticket to win the election.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'll bit here, as xpert11 did, for the sake of discussion.

I believe the match up we will eventually see will be Romney vs Clinton. I believe Romney will win in the end because America wants nothing less than another 4 years of Clinton. A 5th term of a Clinton or Bush is just too much for people to stomach.

My dream match up would have been Thompson vs Clinton. Alas that hope is gone out the window now, but boy would I have loved that.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think we both agree that Clinton will be a bad president. Heck, I don't even picture America voting for a female president this time around. Yet...I don't know, Media manipulation + Diebold tampering could prove to be a deadly combination.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
obama/clinton or clinton/obama vs ? GOP

winner, obama/clinton.
the democrats have the stronger candidates here, it's just that clear.
their controversies have been laid out and generally overlooked. there isn't much mud to sling at them, they have the strength of diversity and setting 2 historical precedents with their win...

now:
if romney gets on the ticket, the GOP loses the evangelicals

if huckabee gets on the ticket, they have a candidate with little substance

if ron paul gets on the ticket (which he won't) you'll have a candidate whose "grand ideas" will be exposed as how ridiculous they really are... and let's not forget some of the shad things in his past... like endorsing a candidate that wanted to outlaw homosexuality... ron paul, great candidate until you learn anything about him.
^i don't want this statement to steer the thread off topic, if you want to discuss ron paul, look for a thread discussing ron paul (i have one in candidate advocacy...don't ask me why it's there, they moved it for me)

democrats are the clear winners here

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I agree with most of the previous posts that it's gonna be Clinton and Romney in the end.
Clinton will win the election, about 55-45, and probably will be a rather bad president.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The thing I can't understand is how people are voting for Romney. Yes okay we suppose since he owns/manages big companies he will therefore have a good understand of economy and will therefore fix the economy crisis. That is probably the only vague presumption that is positive. I mean for God's sake, he has flip flopped more than Kerry! That's a feat in itself!

Gun control, Abortion, Torture practices...you name it. He will flip flop on any issue as long it gets him votes.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
McCain.....

The money spigot has been opened, the media blitz has been designed, the bunting laundered and the flags unfurled. His campaign will rivial who ever the democrats finally select. I'm betting Obama.

Romney's business experience being compared to the US economy is like comparing the NFL to high school tennis. And there is no way the Evangelicals will choose anyone they deem to be a member of a cult.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well now that one of my initial predictions has proven to be flat out wrong I my as well pick my dream ticket . If could wave magic wand I would make the other candidates go away and replace them with Justin Oldham and Don White. Both those people are of course ATS members.

For the dems Don White and Justin would fly the Republican flag . The election would be a referendum on reforming the US political system . Americans would get to chose between the status qua and a representative democracy . The candidates could chose there VP picks.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
X11, I too need to acknowledge that my first prediction was wrong.

I think it was in October that I predicted Gov. Bill Richardson would be the candidate and ultimate POTUS. Not even close.

VP.....perhaps....

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Predicted versus: McCain vs Obama
Predicted winer: McCain
Reason: Romney is a Mormon and until the 1950's, many Americans believed that Mormons living in Salt Lake City actually had horns just under the hair atop their heads. Seriously. I'm not making that up. We've come a long way, but we were a LONG way down, and we have a long way to go before we're not making people laughing stocks or judging them so harshly for minor differences.

Dream versus: Joe Biden vs Ron Paul
Both of these candidates have a good hold on different issues. I know that no one candidate is going to be the answer to all of our problems, but each of these guys makes a lot of sense to me, Biden in the area of Iraq, and Paul specifically in the area of our foreign policy and the economy. I think Biden would probably win this one over Paul because he hasn't had his name dragged through the mud by the MSM.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
i have one more prediction to make: ron paul supporters all over the internet will state that the election was rigged because ron paul didn't win.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i have one more prediction to make: [Insert CFR member here] supporters all over America will state that the election was a success, because the candidate they "voted" for won.

That's more accurate, yes.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I have decided to refine my pick for the dems .
: drum roll :

I am picking a Hillary - Richards ticket . If Obama does pull off the upset I think that Richards would still be the VP pick he would win either way.

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by vegno

i think it's more likely with ron paul supporters, they're already saying that, if he loses, it was rigged.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I regretfully predict the death or resignation of Barack Obama.

Dorian Gray

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
I am picking a Hillary - Richards ticket . If Obama does pull off the upset I think that Richards would still be the VP pick he would win either way.

I've been looking at this myself. If Senator Clinton has a real falling out with BarackObama, she might go shopping for somebody like Bill Richardson.

I say this because it looks to me like the Hispanic vote will go to Hillary, and there are two features to this that favor her. a) Hispanics voter in larger numbers than blacks, and b) Hispanics are more likely to make campaign contributions.

If Senator Clinton wins her party's nomination, we are likely to see black leaders like Jesse Jackson crying "fowl!" They will claim that the nominating convention was rigged.

Senator Clinton's best insurance policy might be Bill Richardson.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Sometime in late Summer the Israeli's will launch an air/missile attack on Iran's plutonium processing facility at Natanz. The Iranian's will retaliate with a conventional missile attack on Israel. The US will warn Iran and there will be some subsequent back-and-forth between Iran and Israel. The US will maneuver vessels into hostile positions in the region and begin overflights.

Ultimately GWB et al will unleash an air/missile attack on Iran's nuclear facilities as well as industrial, communications and political targets within Iran. The Straights of Hormuz will be the world's focal point. Naval engagements will occur daily. Oil prices will go out of sight.

As the elections approach John McCain will play the fear card. Despite Obama's overwhelming public appeal, voters will look for a war 'hero' (I almost gag using that phrase) to get them through yet another war. The Republican's will win in November and the current agenda will continue without interruption.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

That's not a bad prediction jtma, but I still think Clinton will win. As you have been seeing, she is almost as tough when it comes to the war and Iran (all options are on the table, right?).

The fact that republicans have been in the office for 8 years and have tarnished their reputation quite a bit with Bush will play in favor of Hilary. She will basically supports the same offensive strategies Mccain will, except she's not "one of those republicans".

new topics

top topics

join