It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washing machines & humans without abstract thinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ok, I know quite many people and have talked small-talk with even a greater amount of them, obviously, as have everybody else. One thing keeps coming up at least once with each person that I have talked ordinary everyday things with.

They are thinking, every single frigging time, that when they have some laundry to do, they do it with a washing machine, not with their hands. That is ok, there's nothing wrong with that. What's wrong is that people actually think that they have to spend an hour doing it, although they do practically nothing and a machine does it for them. Why? What's wrong with pepople?

Can't they see that they have a machine which does the job in an hour? What is it? Today, we live in so frigging modern society in western countries that most don't even have a good clue about what machine actualyl means to them.

Telling to do something for an hour and not doing it.. great.

Ok, that was another thing that pisses me off about human reasoning.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I agree. Sometimes they think it's such a job to load the washing machine... Or the dish washer.. I remember when my family didn't have a dish washer. I had to do it by hand lol, and that wasn't even that hard!

Just imagine what would happen if civilization fell apart. People would be a wreck!

-Will

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Basilis
I agree. Sometimes they think it's such a job to load the washing machine... Or the dish washer.. I remember when my family didn't have a dish washer. I had to do it by hand lol, and that wasn't even that hard!

Just imagine what would happen if civilization fell apart. People would be a wreck!
-Will

I didn't mean exactly this, but what you say is true, though. I am talking about the fact that people actually think and believethat it'll take an hour for them to wash their laundry, when it never does and haven't taken that much time since they got such a machine for themselves. Its an excuse to not do things while machine is doing something, something that never takes time from you but instead gives some when compared to earlier history.

What I'm talking about is almost total incapability to comprehend that machines don't take the time that it takes for machines to do something. Whenever somebody does something, in our example washes laundry, they say that they have something to do for the next hour or so, and cannot comprehend why I am asking them to do something while at it. Giving that as an excuse is not exactly the same.

I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings, btw. This forum is for rants and this one thing for certain reasons gets me to rant.

new topics

join