It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad Cow includes standing (non downer) agitated cows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The guy who actually killed the mad cow that was found came on Dreamland and said that the cow was agitated and defintely wasn't a downer. Further along in the interview, it's stated that, basically, another mad cow would be to expensive for the beef industry to find so they stopped testing. Mr. Louthan surmised that there's a huge ass cover up going on and it's cheaper to let people die than it is to test for mad cow.

Any thoughts on this? I checked all my meat and there's no beef anywhere.

www.unknowncountry.com...

edit- feel free to skip the advertising...

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by ktprktpr]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Note that downer cow is ground up and fed to chickens and pork. When these animals die, they are fed to cows. As Mr. Louthan says, it's a great big cycle. CJD/BSE was rare once, but since we're feeding these animals other animals it's all up in the food chain, so to speak.

"All vCJD victims to date have had a specific genetic make-up that may make them vulnerable to this disease. About 40% of the population has this genetic make-up. Research continues to determine the role genetics may play in this disease."

[www.bseinfo.org...]

and note the description of the slaughtering process: You cut a cow in half, literally. All the brain gook mixes with water and spreads everywhere. It doesn't matter that your meat doesn't come close to the brain. As Mr. Louthan says he's a dead man, long gone, it would be "interesting" to note the occurrence of vCJD in slaughterers.

I mean, this # is scary people. You wanna die like this:

"The first symptoms of CJD typically include memory loss and difficulty keeping balance and walking. As the disease destroys the brain, patients rapidly progress in a matter of months to difficulty with movement, an inability to talk and swallow and, finally, death." [@ www.nlm.nih.gov... ]

Man I wonder: Is it harder to become vegetarian or is it harder to die? I guess I'll find out, one way or the other.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'm afraid I'll have to see if there's more interest in this post in 10 to 15 years....

It's kinda funny that all the aliens and kerry #ers get more attention than something that requires a direct change in your life. Who is more important?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The link to Alziemers is getting clearer to brain fed livestock too.

I read somewhere that a marked percentage of Alz patients are found to have CJD instead.

Also, the Alz and CJD levels have risen exponentially in countries that allow the recycling of livestock food and body parts, in the last 20 or so years.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Here is the ATSNN story on this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
whoops, I see now. Thanks for pointing that out Val. It's good to see that this got some press.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
ktprktpr,

sorry I haven't been around in a day or so. You know ATS, the fluff gets the attention around here and that is the way it is.

now back to the subject at hand, I live in Canada so this was a hugh topic of discussion about a year ago and I know a bit about this subject.

I sadly have to agree with you on your conclusion that this is just the tip of the iceberg. The industry is hurting financially now and is in fact depend on this factory style of cutting corners to make a profit mentality.

It will get much worse and I also agree that there will be a trend to hush it up. There will be as you say a limited amount of deaths for awhile and these will be attributed to who knows what conditions. This will be seen as an acceptable way out for the time being. But we can both see the writing on the wall, it is a timebomb set to go off.

There is annother angle not mentioned and that is the idea of literally transferring a lot of this agriculture industry to the third world where more natural conditions can be used and still maintain low costs. This will prove an alternative but will devastate a lot of the local industry.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I concur THENEO. The one good thing that might come out of this is better food for people. vCJD aside, cows and chickens have a lot of nasty things in them. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

On another, unrelated note, I am now ignor-ance free
What a beautiful world. No more cow for moi'.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
ktprktpr,

have to agree with you. While I am not a vegetarian, I find that I am eating less and less meat as the years pass by. With these kinds of implications in the cattle industry I see no reason to behave any differently.

join