It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual Flight activity over Kingston on Thames UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
First may I say that I am not lying in any way (that counts for nothing but I mean it).

Here is what I witnessed 2 hours ago in Kingston upon Thames near London in the UK.

At 20:05 GMT a friend and myself were walking along the river talking when I noticed what appeared to be a shooting star or satellite (I am really into astronomy) yet when we started watching the object or now I can say it was a plane moved upwards almost creating a U shape if you take were it started in the North East and where it ended up in the North West.
The plane then went all the way round again (west to east) and then went on to make a sharp turn upwards exposing what appeared to be a single after burner. It then continued to go round the night sky at pretty much random yet still following the same patern of moving from one side to the other and then straight up. After about 1 and a half hours it Turned ON flashing lights and sped off at a speed far beyond the speed of any other planes it headed off in a North easterly heading.

Does anyone know why this plane was folliwng this erratic path and can someone explain how a plane could go round one of the busiest air paths in europe, as where I live is 8 miles from Heathrow airport (yes the one where the Boeing 777 crash landed last week).
Also I noticed increased Chinook traffic in the last three days instead of 2-3 a day we have been seeing about 8-10.
One last thing and I know this is going to sound, well stupid, but when the plane came right over head which it did twice it Appeared to be shaped as a triangle but not as you would expect with the nose being the point of the triangle but actually the "nose" being where the actual jet output was and the straight end being where the cockpit supposedly was.
So like a eurofighter just with the jet at the nose and the cockpit on the long side. However I am very willing to accept this being either an optical illusion or just it being night and me not being able to see it enough.

So guesses anyone?

Regards
Christopher Hamer

Kingston United Kingdom

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Dyer1]

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Dyer1]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
to spark more interest here are some other observations and a sketch

also i must add that there was no sound or vapour trail unlike every other aeroplane in the sky today which struck me as really odd as surely you would see a vapour trail fro a jet right? (the moon was so strong today the vapour trails from all aircraft were visible.

[edit on 24/1/2008 by Dyer1]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
No one has any guesses on this??? o.O

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
mmm strange indeed.

Looking at what you said it appears a stealth type aircraft was spotted.

can you send me the pictures in email as they did not come out on the post.

thanks

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
sorry been off for a bit. ill email em over asap.

new topics

top topics

join