It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon-Erik Beckjord Controversial?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Forgive me for my lack of knowledge on this one but I understand that Erik Beckjord is a very controversial figure when it comes to bigfoot, but we are in talks with having him on our program. One if the things he suggested is having maybe MK Davis, or even Owen Caddy on at the same time to do a little debate. But I am not sure if that would happen, He did say that many would say to not do an interview with him and would give a huge warning with having him on the air but why?
I do not know about the history between him and others in the field but would love to know others thoughts on this one. We may be having him on the program along with Jan Carter but that is still undecided. He has been talking with the host of the show Captain Jack so I have not spoken to him my self, but from what I hear he has some very interesting ideas and thoughts on bigfoot.

Anyone else want to shed light on this? History or anything else?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You are just asking for trouble with this guy.

He's not only way out there but very combative and will go so far as to stalk people he has a problem with, which could be anyone that looks at him crossways. He also likes to threaten lawsuits and to tell you the truth I have not seen any situation he's been involved with that didn't degrade into a circus. He loves to go on the radio and get into confrontations with anyone that will bite.
He has shown to be a fraud and an unstable individual with a lengthy track record which is all bad unfortunately.

If you do a search, you will find that he has posted here before.

Opinions expressed are from extensive research, interaction and observation.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I agree with jb, he's a BIG sensationalist, and sorry to say, makes the whole thing seem a farce, he's very confrontational and you only have to disagree with one of his pet theories for him to turn on you forever, he seems to take it as a personal affront and then you'll get lawsuits, etc, so just be careful if you speak to him.

I do prescribe to his idea that bigfoot isn't all 'there', but he's not the only cryptozoologist with that theory, The CFZ also considers it a possibility. I think there may be one or two that are naturally here, alive (or perhaps were) and they may not be now, they are more mental images brought up by feverent belief by many people (like Tulpas).

But no, he's got some weird theories and some not so weird, but you have to prescribe 1000% for him to really like you and any deviation is heresy in his eyes. Its a shame, he does seem to take it seriously, or did I think he does have issues with fame and money, but don't most people?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Erik Beckjord, at 69 years of age, has exhibited all the signs of a manic sociopath for most of his adult life. Controversial, to say the least. Mr. Beckjord holds a grudge against the world. He belittles, degrades, slanders, insults and harasses any and all who do not agree with his position on any subject. Do not, under any circumstance allow Mr. Beckjord to gain access to your home/business/cell telephone number or to your email address. Multiple, harassing phone calls at 3AM or non-stop spam emails will result. He has been declared persona non grata and locked-out of virtually every Cryptozoological discussion forum on the Internet and physically ejected from a host of public Cryptozoologcal events throughout the U.S. Indeed, Mr. Beckjord takes the word "impolite" to a whole new level.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Mr. Beckjord has passed away.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Beckjord was a genius.
Nuff said.
He was way beyond what you can comprehend and was a good friend even though we disagreed.

new topics

top topics

join