It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHEER UP! The 'Saddest' day of the year is behind us!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
According to 'calculations', It happened on Jan 22 /08.

Dr. Cliff Arnall, a psychologist from Cardiff University in Wales, devised a formula identifying the third Monday of every January as the most depressing day of the entire year. The days are short, dark and cold. Winter's chokehold tightens as the calendar constantly reminds us summer is still months away. The thrill of Christmas is a distant memory, but credit card bills are mounting along with failed New Year's resolutions.

SOURCE

When you figure that about a month ago, some of us were wracking up the ol' visa bills to pay for Holliday gifts and what not; now the bills have arrived, and 'who wouldn't be pulling their hair out'?

I've heard that the highest suicide rate is around this time of year. Not a pleasant thought...I know.

Well....(raising my glass in toast now)...

"Here's to a better year for many...it should only get better from here on out"!

crossing my fingers

~Ducky~

[edit on 24-1-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
lol, its neither short, dark or cold here in January, must be the happiest day of the year for us.
actually it was a bit cool on the 22nd i think it got down to about 27 celcius. brrrr....

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It was still light outside at 5:00PM EST. Racing and BBQ season has begun... just a gas BBQ today tho'... hey, phone someone or five or send them a link to a smile and say thanks.

Terri Clark - The World Needs A Drink

Vic

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hmmm...maybe thats why i slept all day yesterday

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Ducky,I have a huge smile on my face, a warmth in my heart, and I do not forsee that changing anytime soon.
>Hugs<
AD
A honey for ya babes.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Mondays in general tend to suck.

This one wasn't too bad, 4 days ago now and I can't really remember that far back!

Not to cold here either about 15dc, got rain for the weekend though that's gunna suck.

Happy happy joy joy... happy happy joy!

MonKey

new topics

top topics

join