It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm never hungry.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
It's been like this for about two years now. If I were worried about it I might have seen a doctor by now... but I'm not. There doesn't really seem to be anything physically wrong with me, I seem pretty healthy... I just don't hunger any more.

I figured I'd post it on here just to get some opinions on what it might be that I'm experiencing. Is it Physical? Mental? Spiritual?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Piemaker? If you are a pastry chef... it could be that making all of those goodies is more filling than eating them. could be mental thing, I know whenever I make huge amounts of foods, I'm not hungry either.. like feeding through the eyes.

and if you're not in the food industry.. then well
could still be a mental thing. If you eat at regular time, your body could be conditioned not to feel hunger because it knows it will be fed at a certain time?? Hope you eat even though you're not hungry.

btw I'll be moving your thread to the Health and Wellness forum unless you make a paranormal connection to your eating habits for me.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Aye!!! As a cook I will tell you what.. Last thing I want to see at the end of my shift is food! Last thing! And after a long day and night in the kitchen I dont get hungry.. But sertinly I have to eat. I try to force something down myself, but all the same, dont have the wicked stomach grumbles while at work..
However, on my days off, and the chance to get that out of my system,I work like any other human on this earth! I hunger for some good eats!!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
No that sounds good. I'm sure I'll get more responses there, perhaps ones that would fit what I'm experiencing and are logical. Of course I wanted to keep it open to to all sorts of replies since I think it's more mental/spiritual than it is physical. That's why I posted it here.

Piemaker is a reference to the show "pushing daisies", btw.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePiemaker
No that sounds good. I'm sure I'll get more responses there, perhaps ones that would fit what I'm experiencing and are logical.

Ummm dude.. Logical.. You want more logical than if you cook all day long you wont be hungry??? Or if you around around food often you dont get hungry???

Sorry man doesnt get any more down to earth than that..

Unless you are some kind of vampire come to ATS to make up some kind of story.. Yep sounds to me like a yarn you are spinning for us here..

You dont get hungry.. Yet you dont work around food..

WEll maybe you are depressed or overweight... Many people who are overweight and very unhappy with their lives will not be hungry.,..

Anyway wish you the best.. tried to help..but you seem like the type who wants to play games with us on here..

peace.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What you said is logical, but since I'm not a cook that wouldn't apply to my experience.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Piemaker?

Few questions for you if you don't mind?

1. What is your weight and height?

2. Age?

3. What do you eat for Breakfast, Lunch, Supper, snacks?

4. Taking any Medications? Some might contribute to low appetite?

5. Do you have an active or sedentary lifestyle?

6. Do you LIKE food? Favorites?

Thankyou kindly!

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Deep depression can have this side effect.

This can also be experienced when happy.

Also being distracted by something and forgetting that you have to eat.

Hmm... maybe you always have a full stomach.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I WISH I was never hungry!

In all seriousness, it sounds mental. Working with food all day kills your appetite for some and turns others into binge eaters.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
" evil but cute "

good God.

piemaker, I understand this... I rarely get hungry either.... its more of a force it down type of hing I do about 80% of the time.

But I do get hungry sometimes, but rarely, so i dont think your telling the truth about that...

For me its spiritual... Ive wen through a warefare and anxiety where its like the food cant pass through, I have no appetite.

thankfully God has allowed me to eat and am eating regularly now...

peace.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Has anyone thought……..anorexia ….?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Hey [ie i know the cure, just go visit the cook/recipe place and check out Boondocks 15 bean soup thing. It will fix you right up. (sorry Boons if your reading this, but i just had to, you know!)

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I think I've got a pretty good idea of what you're talking about.
I've also had pretty much the same problem for a few years now -- and I'm certainly no cook. I've pretty much narrowed it down to my lifestyle... which is defined by my mental state of mind. I'm often times depressed, or not happy with the way I'm living my life. During this period, I'm like you -- rarely ever hungry, having to force food down... not very fun. When I decide to go out and do what I feel like doing, motivated to do it -- and feel happy with the way the days are passing...no guilt whatsoever -- my appetite is absolutely fine.

I'd suggest removing any guilt you have in regards to the way you pass the days -- and see how you go. Easier said then done of course. Finding enough motivation is not always that easy, trust me I know. I grew up without near enough discipline and I really regret it.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

1.5'8 117. I'm a man.

2. 20

3. I don't really have a food schedule. I'm not hungry so there's really no sense in worrying about when or what I eat. I usually eat what I like but I stay away from foods with questionable ingredients(high fructose corn syrup, trans fat, etc.).

4.No medications.

5. Sedentary.

6. Yes. My favorites would be tacos, pasta, and pizza.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

Hi Pieman!

I found a chart for Ideal Body Weight.

It indicates between the ages of 25 - 59 years of age.

I know that you gave your age as 20.

Around the age of 20, males are still growing somewhat, but even during these growth stages (or spurts) there is an indication of increased appetite.

According to the table that I've provided, your weight should be around the 140 lb mark; even with a small frame. I would concider going as low as 130 -135 lbs for your age margin, as you lead a sedentary lifestyle.

It seems from the information that you've given, you are dangerously low in weight. However...

My best advice to you, would be to consult a physician or dietician, to determine the best results.

~Ducky~

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
To me sounds like a mystical experience, in the modern world we are never really hungry, ive had the same sort of experience and we realise modern western world hunger is a habit. I suggest you treat your body as a garden, and work on the spiritual side. [email protected]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePiemaker
reply to post by TheDuckster

1.5'8 117. I'm a man.

2. 20

3. I don't really have a food schedule. I'm not hungry so there's really no sense in worrying about when or what I eat. I usually eat what I like but I stay away from foods with questionable ingredients(high fructose corn syrup, trans fat, etc.).

4.No medications.

5. Sedentary.

6. Yes. My favorites would be tacos, pasta, and pizza.

dude you're a toothpick. Might i recommend a sport? if you have one, don't screw around, play seriously. you'll be hungry after a game of whatever. If you don't have a sport, jog. I am skinny. I'm 3 inches taller and have 50 lbs on you. Having said all this, i think your problem is mental becaue you've fooled yourself into believing you're not hungry (opinion). you got a brother? wrestle with him for a few minutes. I'm not a wrestler but i've tried it and it's the most physically demanding of anything i've tried. do that and you'll be hungry...and finally if that doesn't work u2u me and i'll get your address and send you my mom's houston special's they're God in a cookie.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Dude it sounds like you described me perfectly I'm 20 and have no appetite either along with some other things that you described. I've been having this issue and eat very rarely now (about once to twice a day). How spiritual of a person are you? Do you feel kinda sick if you force yourself to eat when your really not hungry? Are you extremely analytical? My dad said that I may have ghrelin, but I'm not so sure. Here's a link.

en.wikipedia.org...

One last question how mentally active are you with analysis?

I've been trying to figure out why I'm not hungry for a long time. I am a Buddhist in a sense so I'm curious to see if any of the philosophy has any kind effect on negation in hunger because I've noticed a reduction in libido as well, they might be related.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
PieMaker, i was the same way a good while back, but I'm now back to eating like a horse. It happened after I stopped going to the gym for a few months. I've seen some people suggest depression and that might be the case but i can't say for sure.

My bit of advice to you is to drop the sedentary lifestyle and start to exercise. It could be just a simple run, start a sport or just good regular gym workouts, but make sure that you are pushing yourself. After exercise your body releases endorphins which provides the feel good factor. If depression is the underlying factor this will be a real good treatment. If not, during exercise your body uses nutrients during exercise to provide energy and your body must replenish them which will induce the feelings of hunger.

If you do start to exercise properly, I can guarantee you that you will be back to normal.

new topics

top topics

join