It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax rebates deal announced

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

Originally posted by marg6043
while my husband income bracket will not give us anything in return

Tell me about it!

I get nothing back even with 6 dependents. I claim my wife, 4 kids (one more on the way!
) and my mother in law. I shudder to think what it would be like if I didnt have those dependants!

I didnt grow up with a silver spoon, BTW. I came from a government housing project in Oregon City, the oldest of 8 kids. My parents graduated AFTER I moved out of the house at 15 years old.

I worked for every damn cent, I even paid my taxes while I was homeless, living in my car with my new wife and child.

Didnt even get a food stamp, paying my taxes WHILE HOMELESS MYSELF!

I have no pitty for these theives who want to steal my money.

6 dependants and you get nothing back.

Which of these 3 things do you fall under:

You make over 500k a year.
You are filing Married 99 on your w-4
You really need a new accountant.

With 6 dependants you should certainly be seeing a sizeable return unless you fall into one of those 3 I listed. Do you have a house?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
They gave us the money and took it out of our return the following year.

They gave you money you would not normally be recieving the following year!

[edit on 25-1-2008 by cavscout]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I posted this on page 2. Whether glanced over, purposely overlooked, ignored or whatever I thought it should be reposted.

Anxious to see if anyone steps up to the plate or are they just going to complain and then head off to best buy when they get their check.

Originally posted by SwatMedic
Here is an idea. Maybe all the members here who disagree with this rebate or dont want the govts money can agree on one or a couple of great charities and you can take your rebate money and give it to those less fortunate or disabled vets or children in Africa.

It would not only show that you literally put your money where you mouth is, it would be a chance for others to benefit.

So instead of griping how the money could be better spent elsewhere, get started making a list of charities and spend that money in the places you think its needed.

If the govt is screwing things up, then just dont talk about it, do something about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cavscout

Duh, this is what I told you.

Those advanced payments are referred to as tax rebates.

See advance payments. Advance giving something beforehand. I know I was there. It happen. I was old enough to remember. This is why it was controversial.

link

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LockwithnoKey
Sounds to me like your father raised a bum...literally.

Dude, what are you trying to do?

A bum, are you that dense?

Due to cirumstances beyond my control we were forced to live in our car for a short period of time, yes. I then went on to recieve my masters and now live in a 2 year old, 3200 sq ft house and own two PAID OFF late model luxury vehicles. I have NO CREDIT CARD debt and earn more in a year then many do in a decade.

No, not a bumb, just an honest person who refuses to steal from you, yet you make fun of me for that?

I refuse to be a thief and you think that is funny?

Get banned.

Only in your dreams sonny...think of yourself as an example of delusions...

And as for what am I trying to do..you talk of my family and ask me what I'm doing?

Grow a pair and lay off family in the future...unless your to dense to think that much.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SwatMedic

So you want us to be happy about the theft of peoples earnings? You want us to give it to charities?

Look Robin Hood, how about not stealing it in the first place!

And BTW, how much money I make shouldn’t concern you. I shared what I wished and kept private what I wished, however I will tell you that your assumptions are a little off. I paid taxes even with all my dependants I have never made $500,000 in a year.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

And as for what am I trying to do..you talk of my family and ask me what I'm doing?

Oh, I get it, we are doing personal insults now!

If you were insulted by the FACT that you are a thief if you accept money stolen on your behalf by the IRS then that is your problem.

Dont like to be called a thief, dont send others to steal on your behalf!

So long as you steal from me I have every right to call you what you are.

And if that is how your father raised then there is nothing I can do about it, but it does not change what he did. If he didn’t raise you that way, then I feel bad for him; it would break my heart to see one of my children stealing just because it was the status quo.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

reply to post by SwatMedic

So you want us to be happy about the theft of peoples earnings? You want us to give it to charities?

Look Robin Hood, how about not stealing it in the first place!

And BTW, how much money I make shouldn’t concern you. I shared what I wished and kept private what I wished, however I will tell you that your assumptions are a little off. I paid taxes even with all my dependants I have never made $500,000 in a year.

I didnt say you were happy or would be happy but if its such a travesty, then turn the tables on them and give it to someone or some group that could benefit.

As far as your income, I wasnt being a smartass, if you have 6 dependants then you should be getting money back. I am not a tax attorney but I have some experience in this arena and was actually offering to help.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwatMedic
With 6 dependants you should certainly be seeing a sizeable return unless you fall into one of those 3 I listed.

Sorry, I went back over what I said and realized it didnt come out right. I put more into the system then I get back. I paid more than ten thousand over the year in SSI and federal withholding and didnt get my ten thousand back, nowhere close to it infact.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Oh, I get it, we are doing personal insults now!

If you were insulted by the FACT that you are a thief if you accept money stolen on your behalf by the IRS then that is your problem.

Dont like to be called a thief, dont send others to steal on your behalf!

So long as you steal from me I have every right to call you what you are.

And if that is how your father raised then there is nothing I can do about it, but it does not change what he did. If he didn’t raise you that way, then I feel bad for him; it would break my heart to see one of my children stealing just because it was the status quo.

Well, actually I was referring to your mention of my fathers parental involvement. So, as I said..lay of any mention of my family or expect a strong rebuttal.

As far as calling me a thief...you a funny little man.
I have never had a need to ask anything of anyone. I have been well educated since childhood and as such, I am the person that creates jobs for others to remove them as a burden on the system.

So, the fact that you couldn't do anything to correct you situation at the time, shows me that you don't have the resources to be preaching others.

With that said, I am very against any form of welfare, food stamps or whatever. Though I know many that take their advantage.

geez...your jives gettin old man....

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

I dont understand why you keep saying that they "took it from you." You still got the same amount of money back from the gov't as you usually did. You got 600 dollars early, and then 2400 later in the year.....that still equals out to 3000.

I dont think that this is the same kind of thing though.....im pretty sure that we just get this money, and thats it.

I could be wrong though. I would think that they would say something about that in some of the many articles that are on TV and on the internet.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

TRUE. You are right there. I understand that now. However, I didn't know that is what they were doing when they did it. So I made plans for my money with my return and it wasn't all there. One big lump sum like I needed. I had already used the other money. I won't make that mistake again.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Oh We've already called the IRS today about all this. They don't know yet how it will be done. So they say. Have to wait on paper work from the govenment they said. Whatever, I already know.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
yeah, I heard about this a few days ago... but washington is being dumb about it.

They want to give people more money so that they spend more money, to try and get us out of the recession...

yeah, by announcing that we're in a recession, dont you think people are just going to save that money? I know I am...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

It seems to me that YOU are the one thats personally insulting and attacking people on this thread!

Try saying something of value and maybe , just maybe people will listen to you.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
It seems to me that YOU are the one thats personally insulting and attacking people on this thread!

If you feel insulted or attacked at being called a thief then stop stealing!

It isnt that hard. You send IRS agents out to steal on your behalf. If people dont pay them, they send armed thugs to your house to evict you and take your things.

That is called stealing! Armed robbery!

Explain it to a class of 1st graders, they will tell you it is stealing.

Robin hood was a no good thief.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Try saying something of value and maybe , just maybe people will listen to you.

We both joined ATS in 2004 and you have recieved 0 applause while I have recieved 35, even though you have started 10 more threads than me, yet you want to lecture me on saying something of value?

Granted, I will never get another applause from any moderator who reads this, but it is worth it.

EDIT TO ADD: and I admit that I am in a nasty mood today, but I was doing great until we started talking about how you want to steal more money from me.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Is that the reason you are posting so much anger and hatred ? Just for the
applause?

I could care less about getting applause.
Sometimes its not so much WHAT YOU SAY it's HOW you say it that gets a person's attention, but I guess you think that calling people thieves and names is your way of getting attention.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Great we get 300-1200 dollars now.....................................OF WHICH WE WILL HAVE TO PAY BACK IN TAXES A FEW YEARS FROM NOW. I swear to God the idiots in DC get DUMBER by the day....As do most of us.
Lewis Black once said something along the lines of " 500 dollars only makes you realize how f***** you really are" Back during the last rebate mess. I agree..............If this passes I will stuff the money in a dancers G string and have a awesome night....Not unlike most of the reps on the hill

[edit on 25-1-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Is that the reason you are posting so much anger and hatred ? Just for the
applause?

No, anger gets you the opposite, a warn. I feel that if I continue on this thread you thieves are going to provoke me into gettin myself a warn, infact.

I am angry because you are complaining that I dont give you enough of my money even though I am also disabled.

Stop stealing from me and I wont be mad at you anymore. You really dont get why I would be mad that you are stealing from me?

but I guess you think that calling people thieves and names is your way of getting attention.

Nope, I call em like I see them.

You are thief, you sent men to steal from me on your behalf.

How bout you stop attacking me and prove that you are not a thief?

Untill you do, that is all you are, a thief.

EDIT TO ADD: I am done with this thread.

Have fun spending my money!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join