It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is nobody talking about PRINCE CHARLES..holograms?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I saw on the local fox 43 news,two days ago that Prince Charles had succesfully used a hologram to project himself to a crowd ,when he was actually somewhere else,I do remeber seeing signs around him with the words "free energy" on them...Annd what bugs me out even more is all the talk about he could be the anti-christ or his son..and the reptillan bloodlines and blue beam all that type of stuff...Does anyone else care to reply on the subject?

Could this be serious?

[edit on 24-1-2008 by TheSonOfMan]

[edit on 24-1-2008 by TheSonOfMan]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Sure I'll reply

Sorry, but I just find some of this stuff a little wacky. I've never heard of Prince Charles using a hologram in place of himself anywhere (do you have any links?). And the reptile stuff is a little hard to prove...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MissInformation

No i dont have any links..Il see what i can find.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Here is a link

Apparently he is just as boring virtually as he is in person.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
it hardly looks like he's "in a crowd". he's probably in front of an audience against that backdrop using good ol' panes of glass and light. hardly earth-shattering.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissInformation
Sure I'll reply

Sorry, but I just find some of this stuff a little wacky. I've never heard of Prince Charles using a hologram in place of himself anywhere (do you have any links?). And the reptile stuff is a little hard to prove...

Actually, he gave a presentation at the World Future Energy Summit via a hologram. It was to save on the CO2 emissions of actually flying to the conference. It is quite real, this is the company that did the hologram:

www.musion.co.uk...

and here is a link to the story itself, with a video of him "beaming" in
:

Daily Telegraph

[edit on 24/1/08 by stumason]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Recently, I've noticed the increase of hologram discussions and talks...

What's going on?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSonOfMan
I saw on the local fox 43 news,two days ago that Prince Charles had succesfully used a hologram to project himself to a crowd
Does anyone else care to reply on the subject?

Could this be serious?

It's serious, yes, but it's not a hologram.

It's just a version of the Pepper's Ghost trick, that has been around for ages.

Only, that it's done using projectors, and the company doing it is Musion Eyeliner. You can download their Setup Video here.

Holograms are those thin pieces of film, containing 3D information about an object, and if you look at them from different angles, you see the object from different angles.

Holograms are not mid air 3D projections.

And even tho Musion Eyeliner and many other companies claim to offer 3D holograms, it's always just normal 2D High Definition projection, either on a fine mist or on a transparent foil tilted at 45° (Pepper's Ghost).

They always have a disclaimer on their site, saying, that 3D is in the "eye of the beholder" anyway..

All the images used on an Eyeliner system are three-dimensional images, but projected as two-dimensional images (2D/3D) into a 3D stage set. The mind of the audience created the 3D illusion. This means that production costs are minimal, needing only the single camera lens for filming and a single projector for the playback – hence the phrase ‘Glasses-free viewing’

In fact, they just use "3D" a lot, whenever possible, as a commercial. But it's not 3D.

The only technology that allows real 3D viewing is stereoscopy.

There are also some systems in developement, that create a 3D effect, but it's either a projection on a fast spinning mirror or a special "helix".

We discussed the possibility of mid air "holograms" on another thread (Is holography currently available for use and misuse?), but unfortunatelly came to the conclusion, that they don't exist.

The only reason we believe they do, is science fiction, and a misunderstanding of the word hologram.

In that thread, you can find out a lot about what holograms are and what they are not.

Towards the end of it, you can find technical explanations of why it is not possible, to create 3D mid air volumetric projections.
And you can also find a description of an interesting technology, that might some day, for the first time ever, present the possibility to project bright glowing (And very loud. Yes, loud.) virtual 3D images in mid air.

Unfortunatelly it will again only work in darkness, just like all of these projection tricks.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yes, I saw the news article several days back, when it happened.

I thought it fit Prince Charles quite well! He's serious about reducing "carbon imprint" and he did this as one illustration of a means to reduce the carbon imprint. (He attended a meeting her had to attend - via holographic projecter, thus, saving carbom emissions from an air flight.)

Holography isn't new.

Now, why hasn't anybody posted about the two suicide bombers at Israel's Nuclear Reactor (they only have ONE power plant) and the cute little armed robot that killed one of them? blog.wired.com...

Because there's nothing much more to say about it, that's why. (In my never been humble opinion.)

P.S. Holograms are back-drop free (independent).

[edit on 6-2-2008 by Trexter Ziam]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Excuse me but that "cute" robot didn't kill anyone and the bombing wasn't at a Power plant.... or have I misunderstood you?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
(He attended a meeting her had to attend - via holographic projecter, thus, saving carbom emissions from an air flight.)
Holography isn't new.

You are right, it isn't new.

But holography does not mean projecting 3D images in mid air.

Holography (from the Greek, όλος-hòlòs whole + γραφή-grafè write) is the science of producing holograms; it is a form of photography that allows an image to be recorded in three dimensions. The technique of holography can also be used to optically store, retrieve, and process information. It is common to confuse volumetric displays with holograms, particularly in science fiction works such as Star Trek, Star Wars, Red Dwarf, and Quantum Leap.

Holograms are pieces of FILM, that contain 3D information about an object.
Holograms are NOT mid air 3D volumetric projections

Holograms do exist, yes, and they are becoming more and more advanced.
But it was science fiction, that made us believe, that holograms are three dimensional mid air projections.

A volumetric mid air projection system does not exist, unfortunatelly.
The Prince Charles "hologram" was not a hologram, but a normal 2D projection on a piece of transparent foil - an age old trick, called Pepper's Ghost. (It was used more than 100 years ago, to project ghostly images on the stage.)

I would love for it to be possible, and if anyone has any information about a real 3D projection system, i would really love to know about it.
But unfortunatelly, there is none..

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSonOfMan

Hi/
Prince Charles is not the Antichrist.
He does not even come close to him being the Antichrist......
He is married, he has children,he has a mother and a father.....his history is known...
He has an official religion.
He has none of the characteristics of what the Antichrist shall have.
And as for him being in a position to be a World leader....you can forget about that one!

As for the hologram thing people keep talking about?
Just don't believe everything you see in the skies!
The best thing to do is 'Not to look up!

As for the blue reptilian bloodline things?
I'm not even going to go there!

And when the Antichrist does show up, the best defense to take as a weapon is 'Prayer' and 'fasting'(which at that time, food would be scarce,very scarce)
'' And that no man might buy or sell, save he, that had the mark, ...Rev 13:17

IX
helen

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
who cares about some uptight blueblood? If he was to die today it would not bother me . Death of the Queen and all the bluebloods would have no impact on me so why should I care about some Charles Hologram junk.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by deezee
...A volumetric mid air projection system does not exist, unfortunatelly. ...

I would love for it to be possible, and if anyone has any information about a real 3D projection system, i would really love to know about it.
But unfortunatelly, there is none..

Oh, there isn't? Dang, I guess these guys are going to have to go out of business then....

www.io2technology.com...

And here is a link showing it in action....

www.youtube.com...

Strange, how it looks just like the projectors in "Star Wars", isn't it? Kind of an odd coincidence.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nailer
who cares about some uptight blueblood? If he was to die today it would not bother me . Death of the Queen and all the bluebloods would have no impact on me so why should I care about some Charles Hologram junk.

Awesome, Nailer - with an enquiring spirit like that you're on just the right sort of message boards....

I don't think there's anything remotely suspicious about Prince Charles appearing in this manner. Nor do I think it's important that his projection did not fit the dictionary definition of hologram. I can assure you there is nothing reptilian or satanic about the man - he is simply using a gimmick to promote a very worthy and ecological cause.

He also make biscuits and pasties, which are organic and very nice, if a wee bit expensive. Nothing reptilian or satanic about a cornish pasty, let me tell you.

LW

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot
Oh, there isn't? Dang, I guess these guys are going to have to go out of business then....
www.io2technology.com...

And here is a link showing it in action....
www.youtube.com...

You know what's funny? I knew, people would come up with the same videos of "holograms", trying to proove me wrong, as on that other thread...

I really don't see why people should go out of business, for creating a screen out of mist, for projecting images on.

But this is not a hologram, and it is not three dimensional and it's not really mid air.

The HelioDisplay is a normal 2D projection onto a screen of fine mist. This mist is expelled from that big device below it, and acts as a screen for the projection. Sensors measure the position of the users fingers and report it back to the computer, to allow for an interface.

I already explained this in my first post.
All that these companies only offer are normal 2D projections, either on a tilted transparent foil (Pepper's Ghost), or a fine mist. Go check, and you'll see i already mentioned it.

They do like to use the word 3D a lot, but it's just for commercial. They always have a disclaimer, saying something like "the illusion of 3D is created in the mind of the audience". The reason it seems real is because the further away you sit when you watch this, the less obvious it becomes, it's just 2D.

I agree, it's very cool, tho.. I wouldn't mind having one, once it's made smaller and ready for widespread commercial use.

One of the most interesting projection systems so far is a reverse pyramid - Cheoptics, from Musion Eyeliner, which is again only Pepper's Ghost, but from four sides. The transitions between the edges are covered up by the thick support beams. The object appears to float in the middle.

These tricks can be used to make an object appear to float in mid air, or a person stand on the stage, together with a real person, but it's always just reflections on that tilted foil or glass plate.

The only way to see real 3D images is Stereoscopy. I worked with it a lot, and it can make objects appear to float in front of the monitor, or even be deep behind the surface of the screen.

There are also some 3D projection systems in developement, that work without stereoscopy, but they need a fast spinning mirror, or a helix.

There is no way of projecting real volumetric 3D images in mid air yet.
Altho on the other thread i mentioned, i described a technology, that could for the first time ever present this possibility, by creating tiny (and very loud) glowing balls of plasma in mid air.

Unfortunatelly for now, a real 3D volumetric projection system doesn't exist.

And if it is ever developed, it will not be called a hologram. The word "hologram" already means something else.

BTW: Unlike some people, i don't talk about things i know nothing about. I researched this a whole lot, and worked with stereoscopy as a hobby myself. I also work with lasers proffesionally, so i know what holograms are and what they are not.

On the last few pages of that other thread, you can check out the explanations why a mid air 3D projection system using lasers is impossible (except for those loud balls of plasma), together with some nice pics of laser beams, prooving this.

You always need something to project the image on. And even then it only works well in darkness and is only two dimensional.

[edit on 7/2/08 by deezee]

top topics

join