It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the worst side characters that almost killed the movies they were in?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
So far I've got:

1.Hudson (HUD)- Cloverfield- This moron came close at several times to completely ruining the movie for me. "Wait you know who superman is?", "What's up with that?", by the end of the movie you were praying to god that someone would smite him. They only way he could have died better would have been to explode like Marlena did. I'm also not really sure if the bite made her explode or it was one final comment from Hud that did it. She does say "Hud, I don't feel so good just before", like shut up your killing us.Also I know a few people that hate this movie because of this one character.

2. Jar Jar Binks- Star Wars 1-3- Complete idiot. Who not only became a senator but was the one who brought forth the motion to give the Chancellor the power that made him Emperor. His main annoyance really shined in the first one where people in the theaters where wishing to fast forward when every he appeared.

Let me know what you think of these two and give me some others.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Royal76]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Jar Jar Binks....hands down, the worst secondary character, and made worse only because it was in my favorite movie franchise of all time....

Hud was pretty bad...but there were other things responsible for Cloverfield being, not so hot...like a bad non-ending, and the inability to get the audience on the characters' side, as they were all a bunch of complete morons....

The cabbie in Total Recall...just seemed like he was "thrown in" as just more mind-screw material...

The MC (Chris Tucker) in Fifth Element...god was he annoying.... Gary Olsen's villain is a close second for this one....

The old crone with all of the stuff on her back in Labyrinth...thought that scene would never end....tied with the Fire Gang, which seemed like it was part of a completely different movie...."Muppets on Acid" maybe?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Jar Jar Binks

I may not be physically able to agree more. Man that was annoying!!!!!

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Dude, Jarjar didn't almost ruin StarWars EP1, he DID ruin it. Seriously I would only watch that movie again if a: it didn't have Jarjar in it at all, or b: Jarjar died an excruciatingly painful gory death and was eaten afterwards. Jarjar kabobs anyone?

Also, C3PO was pretty damn annoying in Empire Strikes Back, but at least Han Solo got the bright idea of shutting him the hell off for a while. Plus, C3PO did get dismembered a few times which was nice.

The original War of the Worlds had that one chick who screamed through the whole movie. I wish the aliens had just gotten her out of the picture early so I could enjoy the rest.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Gazrok-
Yeah I almost forgot about Chris Tucker in the Fifth Element. The only thing that made redeamable was the fact that he screamed like a little girl when scared. Of course after the first time it was back to being annoying.

Jar Jar is Number One

But I was honestly started to wonder if Hud might be mentally retarded through the movie. Some of the stuff he asked and stated would put him at the mental maturity of a Junior high kid or something. It would have been a lot more satisfying if when the monster finally got him he would have been shredded instead of comming off like a chewed action figure.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by Royal76]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I thought Demi Moore was completely miscast in "A Few Good Men". This is in my top 5 all time favorite movies even with her in it.

She just does a terrible job in the film and her character is so cookie cutter. I would have picked another actress in a minute.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I just thought of another one. The guy who played Parisin Troy. God he was so irritating, all he had to do was man up and his whole country might have been saved. Plus he maims Achellies, causing his death. If it wasn't for his other portrails of better characters i would hate that actor. Orlando Bloom.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Linda Hamilton in Terminator 2.She was bad in the original,but was just god awful in the sequel.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
funny, as soon as I saw the title, I thought Jar Jar Binks.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
this isnt a movie but i loved big bang theory, until the girlfriends stepped in.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The Kid in Robocop 2...I think that ruined it for a LOT. The movie was good but to this day the kid annoys me still lol

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

After last night's episode, Howard may not have Burnadette anymore. In the last episode, his character was just sad, so I hope they go back to him being single and on the prowl, where he's funnier (and lets face it, it's completely unbelievable that Howard is with her).... Sheldon's girlfriend really isn't like a girlfriend, and the angle of her being "besties" with Penny is pretty funny. I do want to see Leonard and Penny back together though.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Jar Jar Binks, no question

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Yeah, Howard and Penny should end up together, I just added that so I can ask Nixie - is that Azula as your avatar? From Avatar? It's Fire Nation, at least!

Shane
edit on 19-2-2011 by shamus78 because: added nerd stuff

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by shamus78

It sure is!

I love Azula.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I loved Hud in Cloverfield and never thought Jar Jar was that annoying.

Shia LeBeouf in the last Indiana Jines movie though.....ugh

In fact I try to avoid any movie with that guy in it if possible but Transformers and Indiana Jones are really hard to pass up even if he's in them. I skipped Wall Street 2 because of him even though I love the original.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Good call...completely unnecessary character (in an unnecessary movie addition to the franchise)...

new topics

top topics

join