It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kucinich Starts New Impeachment Drive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Kucinich Starts New Impeachment Drive

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

Representative Dennis J. Kucinich of Ohio may get excluded from Democratic presidential debates, as he has been recently, but no one can deny him the floor in the House.

And today Mr. Kucinich took to the floor to fire off his latest salvo at the Bush administration: his plans to introduce Articles of Impeachment against President Bush on Jan. 28 — the day of Mr. Bush’s State of the Union speech.

Accusing the administration of lying about the need for the war in Iraq, Mr. Kucinich said he did not need to hear the president’s
assessment. “We know the State of the Union,” he declared. “It’s a lie.”

He also fired a volley at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California
who has maintained that impeaching Mr. Bush is not on the table for Congressional Democrats. “If impeachment is off the table,” Mr. Kucinich said, “truth is off the table. If truth is off the table
then this body is living a lie.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
WOW - someone with the nuts to actually stand up and say what many (on ATS) are saying.

The question is, can he do it?

Will the other elected representatives of the people actually listen to the voters and do something tangible? or will they wait and hope it goes away.....

I have my doubts, that anything concrete will come of this, but fingers crossed.

At least it will have the advantage of turning bush's thoughts to home rather than attacking other sovereign nations for no reason.

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Good for him. And I agree about Pelosi. She epitomizes everything that is wrong with our system. Spineless, cowardice congress, unwilling to stand up to bullying "leaders".

It's because they all serve the same special-interests. Pukes.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The majority of the people need to impeach.
People should not just sit and wait for a miracle.
They need to wake up and speak out ...

This thought crime bill is on the doorstep.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.newstarget.com...

This has to stop. no matter what.
Wake up the sheeple.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
YES!!!!!!!!!

IMPEACH the shrub!!!!!!

Okay, now does anyone know what we "little" people can do to help make this happen?????

This goes to show that not everyone in America is bad. Just 90% who have authority in all places (Govt. and Corp.)

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Keeping an eye on this one . I always did like this guy.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I really do think Dennis is the man! SO sad he is no longer in the race for president.

Now it is up to us, that is "we the people" to make this dream a reality. It is time to write, call, email, and fax your senators and congressmen. We have to tell them what we think, what we want. They have to know we are out here watching.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If there were credible grounds to impeach Bush, the Democrats would be all over it.

The problem for the Democrats is that if they impeach Bush, the record will show that they were complicit in his alleged crimes.

Self-incrimination is not wise.

[edit on 2008/1/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I can only hope that he actually carries this through. Kucinich did in fact state that he would introduce articles of impeachment against Cheney about a year ago- and then alas nothing happened. This time he seems serious. If I were him- I would hide like a mouse until monday morning- the murdering criminals he is going up against place no value on any human life except their own. They have already murdered 3,000 Americans on 9/11 so that they could get a blank check to murder 4,000 more of our soldiers and a million Iraqis - while they and their pals steal the last remaining wealth from our nation makes them very scary foes indeed- I respect his bravery and integrity. This makes me think of Heinlein's law #1 "Never throw Sh#t at a man with a shotgun" and Heinlein's law #2 "Never stand next to a man who throws Sh%t at a man with a shotgun" I wish him the best of luck in maintaining a pulse this weekend.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What kind of state of the union would we be in if we were to impeach him now? It should have been done a long time ago!!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yeah!!

Get out the pruning shears, Dennis, it's time to trim the shrubbery!!

While we're at, let's do some major re-landscaping; it's high time to yank all the weeds in public office, by the roots, and send 'em to the compost heap of history!

Mow 'em down and mulch 'em!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Why has this thread died? I watched some mainstream media today to see if this would be mentioned- NOTHING. Read the newspaper- NOTHING
Who is going to give these murdering theiving treasonous criminals a BJ so people will give a crap?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Any news on this? Still waiting....

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Kucinich postpones Bush impeachment effort

www.cleveland.com.../base/news/1201599138271000.xml&coll=2
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Sabrina Eaton
Plain Dealer Bureau

Washington -- After promising to mark President Bush's final State of the Union speech by introducing articles of impeachment against Bush, Cleveland Democratic Rep. Dennis Kucinich postponed the effort.

Kucinich said Monday that he met with members of the House Judiciary Committee after making last week's impeachment pledge. He said he came away "hopeful there will be an inquiry by the Judiciary Committee."

"I will give them the opportunity to proceed before introducing articles of impeachment," he said in a statement. The committee's spokeswoman did not respond to requests for comment.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I was not very intrested in US elections until i heard Mr. Kucinich on ATS Mix with dave and jonny. I liked what him and his gorgous wife Elizabeth had to say. I think this is an ATS kinda man.

Some one needs to put Bush in his Place, i say Dennis is our man.

Fox

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar_Chi

LOL .... I can't believe Dennis fell for that
OMG ...... the committee ain't gonna do nothing
about it ...... all they're doing is stalling for time
til Bush leaves office .... and here I thought
Dennis was smarter than that .....

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonSays

They probably rolled out the old chestnut about it "not being in the best interests of the country at the moment"

Any REAL patriot would back off at least a little, if promises were made.
Smells like a political deal to me.

Hopefully they'll go for war crimes when he's left office instead - hand him over to an international court.

new topics

top topics

join