It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everybody......get your cameras ready

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It seems to me that we could be on the brink of another large UFO flap. To me this started with the O'hare sighting and has slowly caught steam with the sighting by the pilot in Enland, and now recently the Stephenville sighting. Have those cameras ready and lets see how many photos we can get during this flap, if that is indeed what is upon us.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pompano

Good Idea! I try to take mine with me wherever I go. Remember to set it to the highest resolution as todays cameras have plenty of memory. We need daylight pics. Enough with the night time balls of light or for that matter daytime mylar balloons. At the very least you will become a better photographer by using it more.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I for one need the practice. I keep trying to get pictures of all the military jets flying over my house, and maybe 1 out of 10 pictures resembles an airplane in anyway. For some reson even on full zoom (4x optical, 16x digital) the objects barely look any larger then they do to the naked eye.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Get out your old flim loaded cameras also. It's been noted that the crafts can disable battery operated cameras, camcorders and digital technologies.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
just fyi, digital zoom does nothing for clarity. it just stretches the image and you get a lower resolution picture. it won't make it any more or less clear, you'll just get a blown up view of a smaller area in the frame. optical zoom is the only thing that will actually get you a closer look at something. if you have manual settings for focus, aperture, exposure time, etc then i would get familiar with how different settings work in different environments (light, dark) and various distances. it can be a pretty tough balance to maintain.

generally shorter exposure times give you less streaking, but you need longer exposures in darker environments. autofocus is generally crap when trying to focus on small object or points of light. i sometimes need to fool the camera by letting it focus on something with more substance at approximately the same distance and then move to the target object after it gets a focus lock.

hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
my k790 is always ready :]
not good as 15mp pictures Oo .. but well, 3.2mp can be very good

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TamtammyMacx
Get out your old flim loaded cameras also. It's been noted that the crafts can disable battery operated cameras, camcorders and digital technologies.

Great tip! I always carry one of those disposable 35mm cameras with me and have one stationed by every entrance to my little adobe hacienda.

I also carry one of those very small digital, keychain cameras but they are almost as bad as cell phone cameras.

Keep looking up!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by b309302

never ever use the digital zoom.......It's a retarded feature that is retarded!!!
It's only good if you like to look at a blur...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

Yeah...digital zoom is the same as blowing it up in photoshop -- you get a bigger picture, but not better resolution.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
OK,
lets say you have unlimited time and money, where exactly would you go in the world to spot ufo's? What camera's would you take?

How should the ultimate ufo spotting vehicle look like in your opinion?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The O'Hare sighting and the Stephenville sighting were one year apart. Thats an awful long time to hold a camera!

I have my camera charged and ready to go at all times, but I never see anything.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Yes Dulcimer but if you look at the history of UFO flaps they tend to last at least a few years.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think the fates are against us.

You get 100 people, and 99 keep cameras with them at most times, and sure enough, that one person without anything, is the person who has the encounter.

I for one keep my handy at all times.

Good advice

new topics

top topics

join