It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuba's Castro thought he was dying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Cuba's Castro thought he was dying

news.yahoo.com

HAVANA - Fidel Castro revealed Thursday that he thought he was dying when he fell ill in July 2006, and hastily made plans to give up power as doctors fought to save his life.
"When I fell gravely ill the night of the 26th and dawn of the 27th of July, I thought that would be the end," the ailing 81-year-old wrote in an essay published on the front page of state newspapers.
"And while the doctors fought for my life, the head aide of the Council of State read at my urging the text and I dictat
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I know many people think Castro is dead and has been dead for months. According to this article he has no real control anymore dead or not, what does all this mean for Cuba's relations with America?
Will Cuban cigars ever be legal again?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Fidel Castro has always been a very active person.
He used to walk a lot, and was always doing something, never stood still.

Now, with this illness, I guess he must be very depressed and down, because he cannot move much.

I don't think he's dead already, but we will not have to wait much I guess.

As for the "powers", actually Fidel Castro does not rule Cuba as a standard dictator for quite a few decades. Theres a very interesting political system running over there, we should not be biased about this and actually look into it.

Now that his brother is in his place, all I see is that the big difference between Cuba and ANY other dictatorship is that in Cuba people actually live happy.

I talked to a cuban economist years ago when he came to Brazil and he told me something interesting about Cuba: "As long as there's a single cuban and a square meter of ground to stick a flag, the regime will endure."

For me thats what matters. So what if the guy is the president for half a century?

Are the crime rates high? No
Are the people starving? Not at all
Is education bad? Far from it
Drug problems? Yeah right...

Now... I'm not a communist not even a Carl Marx fan.
But there are many things that FUNCTION in Cuba which doesn't in many other countries running on capitalism.

Peace

new topics

join