It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tentative deal reached on tax rebates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Tentative deal reached on tax rebates

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Democratic and Republican congressional leaders reached a tentative deal Thursday on tax rebates of $300 to $1,200 per household and business tax cuts to jolt the slumping economy.

Pelosi, D-Calif., agreed to drop increases in food stamp and unemployment benefits during a Wednesday meeting in exchange for gaining rebates of at least $300 for almost everyone earning a paycheck, including low-income earners who make too little to pay income taxes.
Under the tentative plan, families with children would receive an additional $300 per child, subject to an overall cap of perhaps $1,200, according to a senior House aide who outlined the deal on condition of anonymity in advance of formal adoption of the whole package. Rebates would go to people earning below a certain income cap, likely individuals earning $75,000 or less and couples with incomes of $150,000 or less.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well there you go...
There is more information in the actual link, I included the main agreement of the plan.
I still do not see how this is going to help but it will be nice to have some extra money and I have 3 children so even better for me.
It does say in the story that in order to get any check you must make at least 3000$ a year so that should exclude welfare but Pelosi is fighting that.
I read in another article that you shouldnt ecpect these checks anytime soon, agreement or not, IRS quickest these would go out is June.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Like somebody else here said. It's like putting a tiny band-aid on a shotgun wound. It's only more of the same-old, fiscal irresponsibility that defines this admin, and it will do VERY little, if anything at all, to help the average american who is struggling their a** off to try and make ends meet.

How about fixing the housing crisis, the out of control energy costs, and the soaring price of food?!?

These people JUST DON'T GET IT.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I 1000% agree with you.
This is not a one liner it is just all I have to say right now because DD pretty much summed it up for me.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Welfare and food stamp recipients don't exactly pay taxes to begin with. So Pelosi wants to take the money that has been dumped (stolen) into the pot by the taxpayers and dispense more welfare?

Um.......maybe I'm just isolated but when exactly has a food stamp recipient ever hired employees, bought a house or expanded his business?

Does Pelosi have some sort of relationship with big "bread" or big "fruit" that she will benefit from by using people on welfare as a medium to hand our tax money over to big "food?" Why doesn't she just cut Little Debbie a government check?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think the income cap should be a little lower than individuals making $75,000 a year or couples earning $150,000+ per year. The idea is to stimulate the economy,not pad somebody's savings acount with free money. Just my opinion though..

new topics

top topics

join