It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Million... Yes, One Million... Did I say One Million?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I just researched the actual breakdown of the 1,000,000 monthly visitors at ATS :
- 301,376 General Conspiracy believers
- 19,481 Paranormal investigators
- 97,917 UFOologists
- 41 Wiccans
- 119,981 9/11 investigators
- 417,422 Idiotic pigheaded Trolls living their mothers basemments
- 43,781 Paid NWO government boiler room spooks
- 1 Shape Shifting Reptilian Overlord

Just kidding- this is a great site- keep up the good work!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Bill did you just say 2 mil by summer? As in, ATS will be as big as or bigger than TV Guide or the LA Times online?

What are you gonna do? Go down to San Diego and shanghai sailors into internet cafes?

But what can I say- after 2007, if Bill tells me he intends to buy out MySpace by 2012, i'll mark my Mayan Calendar.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

I figure he's thinking really big. Wait till you start seeing those IPs from places like Mars (.mr) and Luna (.lu) and Miranda (.mrd) and Jupiter (.jpt).

If SO figures he can tap new sources, I believe him.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Congrats guys!

I'm not suprised though, as this site ROCKS.

Every person I referred to the site has said, "That is the best conspiracy and discussion forum I have ever seen."

You guys are in a league of your own.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

AHEM... I believe you've left out a planet near and dear to the hearts of many ATSers... .nb ring any bells? (just in case that ends up being like namibia or something, I'm actually talking about Nibiru)

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

check out mine

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Congratulations ATS.

What an incredible achievement.

Good to see all your hard work paying off.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This shows how much the Texas UFO has capitvated the WORLD.

Even w/o that the site is definately worthy.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Here's a tidbit to wrap your minds around...

According to QuantCast, the often-used and cited third party website ranking service (as it's the most reliable for the broadest range of sites), we just surpassed ABCnews.com in overall traffic and reach.

Think about that.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Content is King!

Sri Oracle

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
That is awesome news about passing up abcnews. There is another site just a few rankings above us on Quantcast that I am also familiar with, and that really shows how amazingly cool this all is. Everyone I know in real life knows what this site is, and I can refer to it off handedly without anyone asking "what site is that?"

In a nutshell, the fact that we are being ranked with other recognizable domains is awesome in itself, but when it gets to the point of being domains that people don't even need to ask about, we're looking at such a larger audience! In fact, since this thread was started, we're already up another 80,000 unique visitors!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I must concur that it was only weather balloons. One of them was definately shaped like a dog and another seemed only one twist away from being a sword.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yes Yes, You can punish me for this but I have to...

ITS OVER ONE MILLIOONNNNN

Wooo congrats to ATS.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
we just surpassed ABCnews.com in overall traffic and reach.

Think about that.

I am so flabergasted that I have absolutely nothing witty or even remotely funny to say here.

Wow.

Truth tends to outshine the biggest blinders.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I thought you were talking about giving all of us active members one million each.

Damn, you got me excited.

Actually, I'm still excited hearing that a million people from across the world read this site. That is a lot of people gaining access to a wealth of information available few places else and certainly not in such a high concentration.

Springer,

How much do you want for the archives?
They must be priceless.

And copyrighted under creative commons if I'm not mistaken?

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hehehe, gratz ATS!

But I feel now were more of a target than before, more conspiracies will pop in regardin ATS. We might become a target for the elite. Plus more people are not always better, they can destory the community. When you start to have an impact big people will become interested in you and you will have two choises. You either join them or be destroied.

But those are the bad things that can happen. Anyway congratz ATS and what I would really like to see is more diversity in your users, I see that more than 50% are from USA, which is not that good when you think of spreading information worldwide.

Cheers and good luck!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The news that ATS has overtaken ABCnews for traffic (and arguably importance??) hazards a question...Does this mean that if ATS continues to grow as it has done, that one day ATS will become in the eyes of many 'the man' and therefore part of the very conspiracies (in the eyes of some when not inreality) that its users investigate? There would be a certain irony to it, if ATS got 'so big' it started to be seen as the next 'big bad'.

But one thing no one can take away is the size of the sheer achievement. It's stil food for thought though isn't it?

Wayne...

[edit on 27/1/2008 by the secret web]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pericle
But I feel now were more of a target than before, more conspiracies will pop in regardin ATS. We might become a target for the elite.

Originally posted by the secret web
Does this mean that if ATS continues to grow as it has done, that one day ATS will become in the eyes of many 'the man' and therefore part of the very conspiracies (in the eyes of some when not inreality) that its users investigate?

Valid questions that would certainly apply under different circumstances... but I don't think they apply to ATS.

We don't have any prominent personalities representing ATS editorial opinion that rely on ATS to get their message out. The egos of such people would certainly be stroked and stoked by this traffic, and unflattering speculation or the possibility of hidden motivations would certainly become popular.

Instead... we have none of that. We built a system that gives a massive voice to anyone who joins. Certainly we're under no illusion that we're not getting members with ulterior motives, but the sheer mass of our contributing members and openness of our forums hampers nearly all efforts and promoting uncomplimentary agendas.

Originally posted by Pericle
Plus more people are not always better, they can destory the community.

Well... back in April of 2003 when we announced we'd be investing in dedicated servers to see how big ATS could get... this was a common concern.

In early 2004 when we needed to buy bigger servers, it came again.

And again in 2005, and 2006, and 2007, and so on. We've had six major hardware upgrades to accommodate our growing traffic. Yet the pace at which we get compliments for the quality of our content and community management has never been higher than it is now.

More can be better as long as growth is well-managed... and we've always promised we're going to do what it takes to manage our growth and ensure that anyone who joins has a massive opportunity to be heard.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
More can be better as long as growth is well-managed... and we've always promised we're going to do what it takes to manage our growth and ensure that anyone who joins has a massive opportunity to be heard.

ATS seems to have its growth well monitored now with all the new moderators. I don't see a problem with new faces, but I do see a problem with a rise in 'dissenters' and troublemakers.

The more popular ATS gets, the more problems we are going to continue to have.

Which is why I'm thankful we have such a great staff (and many) to take care of problems as they arise.

Good news all around SO.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Our ranking is now at #3782!

We have officially passed another site that I have been a member of since 1998 and I know is a very popular site! It's all up from here, this is very exciting news indeed. This is only the 27th, I can't wait to see where the numbers end for this month on Feb. 1st!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join