It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

know anything about birds??? my wife wanted me to ask

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
we are having strange weather here in the north eastern part of ohio. it is kinda cold but we have had it very mild here so far, not much snow, etc...anyway, my wife said that robins are supposed to be long gone outta here by this time of year and outback where she works, there is a 'bunch' of them..
that has her all but convinced that something is not right....
what do you think?

know another reason why robins wouldn't be gone

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
There has to be some kind of a Batman reply here...

Unseasonable warm weather. The green house effect. Global warming.

Well someone had to say it!!

MonKey

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Robins are always a sure sign of spring here in Ontario and I don't expect to see any for almost two more months. I will take a walk over to the park tomorrow and see if there are any hanging around though.

She might find this page interesting, it seems to explain what's going on and had a few surprises for me about our orange breasted friends.

A Few Facts About Robin Migration

* The vast majority of robins do move south in the winter, but some stick around — and move around more northern locations.
* Robins migrate more in response to food than temperature.
* Fruit is the robin's winter food source. In spring, as the ground thaws (when average temperatures reach about 37 degrees), they switch to earthworms and insects.

www.learner.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well I've heard that Robins are extremely human friendly. So my guess is that they are being their super helpful. and unselfish feathery friends.
ALOT of kids got their first BB Guns for Christmas.
Those unselfish, crimson chested friends of man are offering themselves as targets for all of the future dead eye aimed snipers of the world.
Man! I LOVE Robins. Robins are so cool!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I know a lot about chickens.

I've seen a few robins around my place, and it's damn cold here right now. The geese seem to be all gone now though.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Oh no lombozo, did you get little lombozo a Red Ryder BB Gun for Christmas ?

Even to this day I feel bad about the number of birds that felt the sting of my lead from the pellet gun I got for Christmas as a kid.

new topics

top topics

join