It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines...best game ever!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I don't know about the rest of you guys out there but this game to me was the sh!t, completely, even with all the bugs and what not, i nearly finished the game before i downloaded the unnoficcial version 4.2 patch, and it was huge, despite the bugs, the lure the game had was amazing, it kept me glued to my seat playing the game for hours and hours, the graphics and the background of the city, everything was done perfectly, this is what a game should be like, movement handling was great, the combat handling was awesome and the interaction with the world was not bad at all...it actually makes u feel like a vampire walking around....the replayability of the game is huge too, because of the different character classes you can choose from, and they are all very different, therefore the whole game seems different when u play it again.

and the storyline was kick ass too...

ANYWAY

i wanna know if you guys know of any other PC Games that are like Vampire
Masquerade ???

I know troika went under, but there has to be other games similiar to this one ???

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
bought it when it came out and didn't get into it much. seemed like it would have been cool to build our own campaigns to play over the lan. my feeling from it is "meh". i think it would have been great if we got into it.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
No one else on here ever play this game ?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Yea I played it, I think as the tremere and a malkavian. Beat with both characters pretty fast, didnt really see too much replayability to be honest. The bugs in some instances were unbarable, like the dinstance sliding bug, where NPCs wouldnt walk across the road or up to you, they would slide in one frozen position until you got close...it was distracting.

The storyline was ok, and the hint that the cabbi was cain was a neat add to the game, but i certainly wont waste my cash on this game...

Mind you, the model the NPC Jeanette is created after is smokin.

There are other Masqurade games, I have the first or second one, its a simpler RPG with an over the sholder camera angle. Never made it past part of the urban levels in the future though because of a bug.

\overall, 2.5 outta 5 for bloodlines.

BTW Malkavians ruled that game, the different fonts were a good add to the game.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Any games you can suggest that are worthwhile ??

I have this habit of buying games and they end up being the worst game i ever played, same with movies, it looks good, but when u watch it u dont even finish it, I have 6 games lyin round my house i played only once and never touched again....

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
If your not playing CoD 4 or Crysis yet, i suggest you go and grab a copy of those.

If your into MMORPG's Look out for Huxley due sometime this summer last i checked (its an FPS MMO RPG)

Also, for online teamplay check out Left 4 Dead. Should be a hoot if you like zombie's

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Bloodlines was a great game, and malkavian all the way for me, aside from the added dimension of humor, I believe that Malks have the best powers.Being Malkavian certainly makes the museum easier.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Good game.

There are two major patches for it.

One for faithful to the developer's plan ...

the other that tweaks and adds stuff that can add to the game, or break it if you want to be 'purist' about what the product was when released.

There are also skins/textures that can improve on the 3D models, some of them quite risque.

I should play through it again, I just don't like kb&m ... to spoiled to consoles with a nice controller without needing to program it like a 3rd party PC controller and it still not being right.

An older game I thought was ok was American McGee's Alice. It is a 'platformer' in a way. It also has tons of mods.

I have the GTA III series, but I also have it for console.

To recommend, it all depends on the type of game you like, how good your PC is, and if you have consoles.

I prefer my PS3 over my 360. The DreamCast was better than it got credit for

top topics

join