It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Church Plans to Picket Ledger Memorial

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

You do understand that this is the same Church that goes to funerals of US military personnel, and protests saying all sorts of vile things to the families(i.e. we're glad your son/daughter was killed becaue they serve in the military of a country that allows homosexuality, etc..). This is by no means a mainstream Church, so you might want to add some context.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Someone mentioned "Patriot Guard"?

Well, they were in action today in Reno.
At the Funeral of Staff Sgt. Sean Gaul.
Patriot Guard versus Westboro

Photo on this page
Photo

They completely overwhelmed The Westboro Freaks today!
It was great to see the protesters OUTprotested.

Interesting that Ledger played a soldier, and the son of a revolutionary in the movie "The Patriot".

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

I would wager that they hate themselves most of all. Most of 'em look like extras from The Hills Have Eyes, so it makes it pretty easy for me to hate 'em too.

What? I never claimed to be a high road-taking guy...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Some of the family has bailed. An older son, I think and some daughter or other. You should here what Phelps the Elder has to say about them. There's little doubt that this cult is as guilty of child abuse, one has to wonder why the state hasn't shut 'em down.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

You have it correct; there really is no group that the Westboro Baptist Church doesn't hate. Seems to me the group they really hate is themselves. Sad really.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Someone mentioned "Patriot Guard"?

Well, they were in action today in Reno.
At the Funeral of Staff Sgt. Sean Gaul.
Patriot Guard versus Westboro

Photo on this page
Photo

They completely overwhelmed The Westboro Freaks today!
It was great to see the protesters OUTprotested.

Interesting that Ledger played a soldier, and the son of a revolutionary in the movie "The Patriot".

that was me

ita good to see them in action. there is a branch in florida that my brother witnessed. he said it was awe inspiring. everyone should see their work at the PG website. they have over 112k members already and are always looking for more. sign me up!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Aw, that's just pretty sad. Let the poor guy rest in peace, he was an actor for God's sake! I hope these picketers are taken care of by the law, as I hear they really only want to benefit by it not even make some kind of statement-of course going about it in the wrong way.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostryder21

That was you?
You're in that Photo?
I didn't get to see it happen, but I got a pretty good first hand report.
Did they make noises like chickens as they retreated?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Ah, isn't beautiful to see free speech trumping free speech...makes your heart glad for democracy.

Gotta agree with the RGJ poster about the double lightning flashes, kinda sends a bit of a mixed signal...

But back to democracy and free speech and why I love them. For every Joe McCarthy or Frank Collin (nee Cohn!) or Shirley Phelps-Roper there are 200 ordinary, nameless people who just don't care for those whose mission is to "defend America" by betraying the constitution at its most basic level. (applies equally to Australia)

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

lol

no no no i mentioned them earlier in the post. that woulda been a hellava drive for me cross country. lol

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anatomic Bomb
That's tacky as hell. Don't these people have jobs? This was a character in a movie. Swift.

Yeah they must be bored that must be it. They are NOT christians and I wouldn't even call them a church. They pretend to be Baptists to keep the Baptist convention off their case. This Fred Phelps erks me more then radical Islam, Bush, the Iraq war, and Politics combined.

They need to lock Phelps up along with his gang in a padded room. I cannot grasp on their twisted way of thinking. This guy makes me ashamed that I'm an American.

Then maybe they will loosen up to judging people so harshly. Christians are NOT supposed to judge people for what they do.

I'm sad about Heath Ledger's passing. Just because he played a gay cowboy in a movie makes no difference. That dosen't reflect on his personal life.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
Oh boy. The youngins are growing up and still have no idea what they are saying. Sad.

Alright this is sad. Stupid. GoD didnt say spread his hate. It so sad and evil in its own they got there chilren sings God hates. The bible says God is love. No where in the bible did it say god hates fags. or gays. yes it might of said that they wont be saved. But it didnt say God hates. In fact point somewhere in in the bible that it says God hates. You wont find it. this people want to work for God?? spread the word of love. these people are not treating others as them themselves or showing love to others, they're spreading hate. I am ashamed to call myself a christian to have these people claim the same thing. get the F!ck out of here.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   

The Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas

Westboro is an embarrassment to religion everywhere...

Islamo fundies, I see your nut-jobs and raise you a Westboro.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join