It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Church Plans to Picket Ledger Memorial

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Thank you very much good on you for doing that,,

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Oh thank you so much for that. That is, without a shadow of a doubt, the funniest damn thing I've seen all week.

I WILL admire him from a distance!

I just love the sheer irony of an ignorant bigot who claims to be Christian stating that those who suggest God loves everybody "don't know the Bible."

Mate, what happened to "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" or even, gasp, shock, horror, "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone"?

I guess the good Reverend is clearly without sin. He also has a direct line to God, 'cause he knew that the dead were all "fags, dykes and fag-enablers"...despite homosexuality being outlawed by the US Military Code of Justice (Don't Ask, Don't Tell did not strike it from the books).

Still, I think we should thank the congregation for existing. No, really, it means I have an object lesson I can point to when explaining "prejudice", "bigotry" and "congenital stupidity" to my kids.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MinMin
Thank you very much good on you for doing that,,

No problem, thanks for finding us that vid.

I'm just going to slap another doc on this page real quick to give newcomers an idea of what this 'church' really is.

*ADVISORY- Lots of strong language. But this site is for Adults*

Google Video Link

[edit on 24-1-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I love em but then again my twisted mind discovered the genious of Monty Python and The Flying Circus.

Maybe it might be wise that a law be passed that children are not to recieve and religious instruction till their thirteen or even older.

This could also have the added benifit of reducing the number of suicides among teenagers due to depression. As most would probably be caused by incessant cry of children to be answered and saved from their horrid fate.
Or why or why wont god help me.

My Son yesterday.
Dad I've finally come to realise that god is not real.
I said hows that Son.
He says.
Well I had a couple of friends over a couple of nights ago and they played with my Gameboy and later I could'nt find all my cool games continued.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnyrobbo

So anyway He continues I gave Two hole days and Dad guess what he has'nt aimed up yet.

So I ask what do you mean Son.

He says well two days to find and return is I think a fair a enough time for a GOD.

He just does'nt exist Dad.

This bloke is 11 and hopefully I stopped the brainwashing.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by johnnyrobbo

Sorry about the spelling but I'm a bit how ya going and also watching the Cricket India on top Oops!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Shirley Phelps-Roper:

The streets of this nation are full of married men having fag sex!

God damn! How come they don't show that on the news every night?

You know, if Shirley really wants to expose the hypocrisy of the US, she needs to say this sort of stuff in more appropriate venues. I mean, I've got a couple of friends who'll be down at the US embassy applying for Greencards if they hear they can do it with married men out in the street!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Bodrul...I LUVED IT!!

This is a group which preaches we have to embrace God's HATRED. I've watched their head pastor on several occasions and heard this exact message in those exact words! Do you see what the real message here is? It's as old, and unfortunately as true, as anything I've read in the Bible. Hatred offers a VERY POWERFUL BUZZ!

IT's no wonder to me at all. The more intense the message...the harder some people hold on to it!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
It is threads like these that make me realize that there are some sane, compassionate people still alive in the world. I hope there comes a day when I die and they come and picket my funeral because I married another guy.... that ought to be fun.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I am gay and also a christian and the only thing that comes to mind with these guys is
Matt 7:1-5

1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I just watched Fred Phelps being interviewed on TV...

Is that man of sound mind ? Somehow, I seriously doubt it...If I ever came across any of these people, I would likely commit some seriously violent acts toward them...

They deserve any and all hatred that comes their way, and anyone who would be inclined to be violent toward them would definitely have my applause...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timmyboi23
I am gay and also a christian and the only thing that comes to mind with these guys is
Matt 7:1-5

1Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Unfortunately, the Phelps family is in for a harsh lesson when they pass on. God will probably judge them as having been far too judgemental, as they have demonstrated NO love for fellow people.

I do believe that alot of the kids in that family, having seen the documentary I posted, are going to be alright. They'll probably grow up and leave the ministry. Maybe even learn to love. But the adults who have forced hateful thoughts and taught the kids to be judgemental are going to experience sooo much pain and sadness when they have their life review.

Such great irony... that Jesus would teach only that we LOVE, and these people teach only to hate. The Godliest thing they can do is go to a funeral and pray FOR the deceased if they consider them 'damned'. Not rejoice in their damnation. You know?

In a way, they are damning themselves.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I dont think they realise it but I think if they pickett Heath Ledgers memorial, someone is going to start something ie. someones gonna get knocked the f@%k out.

These people are an absolute disgrace to the human race and the whole christian faith (even though I am an atheist). Damn cults

One of our comdey shows (The chasers war on everything) messed with westboro church, its on youtube somewhere and absolutely hilarious. Well worth a look

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
I just watched Fred Phelps being interviewed on TV...

Is that man of sound mind ? Somehow, I seriously doubt it...If I ever came across any of these people, I would likely commit some seriously violent acts toward them...

They deserve any and all hatred that comes their way, and anyone who would be inclined to be violent toward them would definitely have my applause...

If you have watch the documentary up top. There's so much more to the family than meets the eye. But yeah, the ring-leaders are #$*@ed in the head.

I find myself wondering what they would do if somebody came up as a 'sinner' and told them, "I know you think God hates me, but I love you."

They would have NO idea how to respond to that, as they have purposefully incited hate for so long. They think the reaction of hate is a sign of success...

[edit on 25-1-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Seriously only in America could you take the death of a fantastic, young aspiring actor and turn it into some kind of media circus and gay bashing excuse.... Its no wonder that 80% of the world hate Americans

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

G'day mate can you imagine this group picketing out side the VIC hotel or anywhere in Darwin...... CROC food

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MinMin

Haha, they wouldnt last 5 minutes outside the Vic......... especially if they ran into me and some of the footy boys at 4am on sunday morning.

Croc food indeed

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I used to see heath surfing just of the clovelly break when i was living in Coogee, was always a nice fella, i just hope to god that someone does the right thing and picks up a snipper rifle.

These phelps are what you call pure evil.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Could anyone please explain to me, as a german, how a group consisting of 80 lunatics is able to get that much media coverage ? They're even covered in our media, so how is this possible ?

Do i just have to get the most aggressive attitude to get that kind of media hype around me ?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phil J. Fry
Could anyone please explain to me, as a german, how a group consisting of 80 lunatics is able to get that much media coverage ? They're even covered in our media, so how is this possible ?

Do i just have to get the most aggressive attitude to get that kind of media hype around me ?

I refer to my previous post stating only in America......

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join