It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Church Plans to Picket Ledger Memorial

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I am so disgusted that these freaks call themselves Christians. It makes a mockery of the gospel message of love.

You do not have to agree with any type of conduct, and you may have scriptural grounds for being against any type of conduct. BUT, you do NOT have any biblical or scriptural justification for hate, of any kind against anyone.

I have two friends who are gay, and have been together for almost 20 years..a regular old couple. They are the nicest people one could want to meet, and intelligent and witty and kind. I personally find the thought of male to male intimacy appalling, and not at all in my area of interest. But I do not allow my personal dislike of other peopls practices to make me label them in some way or see them as lesser than me.

I just see them as folks who are really nice and I do not even consider their private lives: to wander into imagining what gays do is not what one would expect from those who have no interest in it!! Those who make a big deal of the physical aspects are probably sick to the core from awful applications of various things, always spinning the worst interpretation on every act, and always condemning rather than uplifting.

I have no doubt also that old Fred Phelps must be one sick pup to have such bitter hatred of those he sees as ' sinners '. Maybe Fred had a bad childhood, maybe he was molested or has gay desires he suppresses to the point where he hates all the gays so he will not hate humself: it is a common psychological trait.He has to be seen as ' holy ' to keep his flock in line, and to do so he has to stop to the lowest forms of protest to make sure that the followers he has see him as the protector of God's will on earth and a martyr for the holiness doctrine he must espouse, although his life and actions show no trace of the things that make holiness a desired trait.

Priovacy and respect mean that you treat people as if their private lives did not exxist, whatever they are: They are private. By eliminating imagination from relationships, we can make friends and enjoy people regardless of their orientation or choices in life. Respect means not only being discreet and considerate in speech, but to give the other person the benefit of the doubt and not assume things one really has no direct knowledge of. Supposition and judgement can ruin everything, and fast, not only in personal relationships but business and every other aspect of life as well.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I just read this on another site and it just made me sick to my stomach. I havent read all teh posts in this thread, but this picture really made me sic to my stomach:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Whatever happened to love thine enemy? I hate to see people such as this claim to be christian. It gives us a true black eye. It is one thing to tell others about your belief, but how can anyone pass judgement on others. While I may not support many of the issues of today, including homosexuality, I certainly cannot stand beside hatemongers trying to get attention. I don't have to believe as you to appreciate your gift of life.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

how about we make a WeLovewestborowbaptistchurch.com
and fill it with Love

have diffrent areas
Baptistchurch truely loves y Gays
Baptistchurch truely loves America
and so on

[edit on 24-1-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The Westboboro Baptist Church sucks in my opinion.

Jerk part of the post.....
I like Heath Ledgers early stupid movies, (10 things I hate about you and a Knights Tale) and I am not going to make a total final judgement the death until some tests and the whole story comes in. But I am not going to glorify people that overdose on drugs like River Phoenix, Chirs Farley, John Belushi, Len Bias, and list goes on. The famous line "the good ones die young" is wrong in my opinion. They had lives many on us secretly wouldn't mind having, and he left a child behind. Taking even RX drugs is dangerous, and the consequences can be deadly. Some doctors give out bogus RX's too, and need get shut down. All of what I posted might be wrong
End rant.....

Back to the Westboro Baptist Church. I saw a BBC documentary from Louis Theroux called "The Most Hated Family in America." partial link on Youtube.The Most Hated Family in America

That family is evil, and they taught there kids the same thing. I think they have a right to freedom of speech though. It does get questionable with hate laws....they do have a $10,000,000.00 judgement against them (The Westboro Baptist Church.) I don't like what they say at all.

I am sad Heath Ledger has passed.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

While I may not support many of the issues of today, including homosexuality...

You see, I'm not actually sure what that means.

I believe that homosexuality, like race, gender, age or ethnicity, is absolutely not a choice, and is something that a person cannot alter nor change, and that any prejudice against any human being based purely on the grounds of any of the above, is wicked, intolerant, anti-enlightenment, inhumane and wrong.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
These people want publicity and attention, they crave it.
They do not deserve even a reaction much less an article and much, much less a documentary.
You cut off the reactions to this group they would eventually dry up and go away. Someone (Gramps?) however long ago sat down and said "ok how do we get some publicity?" and this is what they came up with and sure enough they got it. These people have an abundance of higher education degrees, they are not stupid, they know exactly what they are doing and we are just feeding their egos. If we ignore them they will either go away or try to find a new way to drum up attention.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Even if he was actually gay let alone played a gay character in a movie, whats the difference

[edit on 24-1-2008 by stove167]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you; a good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be poured into your lap. For with the measure that you use, it will be measured back to you." (Luke 6)

I have seen it too many times, a lady I knew was extremely judgmental of a friend of hers because her friend was entangled in an affair. This is all she talked about and went on about how bad her friend was. Later in life, this same woman found herself entangled in an affair and standing in the same shoes her friend once stood. That is just one example of many I have witnessed.

As for Jesus, what I know of scripture, He came NOT TO CONDEMN but to SAVE. The only time you will find Jesus angry and spitting nails is when he is confronting religious people of his day. Jesus actually kept company with what the religious world considered the hopeless, outcast, sinner.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Brad.T

I'm not prejudiced in any way other than I think it is immoral and an abomination before God. Does that mean that I can't get along with them and appreciate their contributions to society, no. I have no hatred towards them I just think it is wrong. It is in my opinion certainly more tolerable than one which drives drunk. I do not think that it is entirely genetic. I think that if it were it could be controlled. i.e. abstanance. There are a lot of things I have a preponderance for, I choose not to do them. Who they choose to sleep with is there own choice, just don't ask for my approval. I firmly believe that I can disagree with a lifestyle without condemning the person. Is intolerance of the intolerant really tolerance?

respectfully

reluctantpawn

edit for content

[edit on 24-1-2008 by reluctantpawn]

[edit on 24-1-2008 by reluctantpawn]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Bloody retarded this is. So, every actor who played a killer, a rapist, an alien... a homosexual... they all deserve to have their burial picketed?

It's a MOVIE, a ROLE in a MOVIE. Not REAL life, even if it was, they still would have no reason to picket his burial.

We all are entitled to our beliefs, no matter how unpopular OR popular they might be. We also have the right to live our life the way we see fit. You don't have to agree with it, but you DO HAVE to accept it!

I'm a Catholic, of strict upbringing, but even this goes over my head! I could never think of doing such a cruel act, these people make me sick.

FK

**Edit**
Good words jdposey. A star for you.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Frontkjemper]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Ahhhhh!

It is all clear to me now!

Now is there anybody they do not hate?

[edit on 24/1/08 by Souljah]

Nope, they pretty much hate everybody who doesn't conform to their very narrow standards of behaviour...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This just goes to show that there is a great difference between religion and spirituality. These people are twisted and so full of hate that they cannot even see that it is just themselves that they loath. Very sad.

six

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Yeah these wing nuts do have a 11,000,000 dollar judgement against them.

www.foxnews.com...

I just dont get them. Apparently God hates everyone EXCEPT for them....Boy do they have another thing coming.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You U.S. Americans need a federal Decency Act that forbids the picketing of a human being's funeral rites.

This sort of awful behaviour contributes to the picture of the USA as a people whose raison d'etre is the freedom to do harm.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
These people picketed those Amish girls funeral after they were killed by that gunman; no suprise that they're doing it here.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

Churchgoing extremist: "Hey! What are you doing?"

Random Victim: *takes a deep breath then exhales* Breathing

Chruch going extremist: "Get him!"

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Good Lord! Then we will just be arguing about the definition of "decency".

We already have laws that may apply - stalking, harrassment, etc. Someone needs to sue the turkey squeezings out of these jack-asses and see what happens - get a judgement to shut them down.

What about the IRS? I am quite sure they could find some B.S. to trump-up on them. They go after everyone else.

[edit on 24/1/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If there is a God in heaven, the bus these freaks travel on will turn over at about 70mph and they will burn alive.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
As a respectable actor- heath ledger is recognized for his variety of work- whether he played a gay man or not should not interfere with his burying ceremonies.

Anyone protesting at a funeral should be arrested indefinitely.

Bad things happen to good people all day long I suppose...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join