It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Church Plans to Picket Ledger Memorial

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

I'm not so sure. Ledger is a private citizen with no impact on public policy or government and not a paid representative of the government, unlike the unfortunate dead soldiers they also picket . Additionally I would assume his funeral will be a private service.

Well then I can't wait to see the police taser these guys!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

Though generally opposed to such brutal police tactics, I do believe I could endorse it in this case! With pleasure. In fact, where do I get in line to do some tasing myself!?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
*wonders what its like to do his sister....*

I know !!! Lets join the Westbro Baptist church...

What a disgusting, hatefilled bunch of individuals...Frankly, if I was over there, I would willingly throw molotovs at these people...

They have no right to freedom of speech IMO..

They truly are the most low, disgusting human beings ever to inhabit this planet...Their disruption of fallen soldiers funerals have been disgraceful, as is this attempt...

Law enforcement needs to ensure they do not get remotely close to this funeral parade...

Animals, thats what they are....They honestly think God condones what they do ??? Pffft...I spit on them...

Put it this way, freaks like this show their face anywhere in Australia, I am on the first flight to stop these frigging morons....

How dare they !!!

GRRRRRRR

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There must be away to contact these inbreds online....surely ??

Anyone in the States have a away to contact these nuts by the net or even by phone, money isnt an issue here...what is right, is...

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

They're like something out of "The Hills Have Eyes" aren't they?

I wonder which ones name is Jupiter?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I am DimensionalDetective, and I fully endorse the repeated tasering of every one of these individuals who shows up to spew their hatred at Heath Ledgers funeral. These people are pure filth.

Heath Ledger was a GREAT actor. Too bad these idiots can't get that fact in their heads-that he was PLAYING A CHARACTER.

Desperate for attention and recruitment, as others have stated.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Thank God Ledger is Dead!!!

Heath Ledger is in Hell!!!

LORD willing we will preach his funeral!

Heath Ledger chose to promote the vile sin of sodomy in defiance of God's law. No one made him play a faggot cowboy in "Brokeback Mountain". No one made him kiss another man, in a flagrant attempt to further desensitize not only americans but Bible-illiterate fools the world over to the filthy depravity that is faggotry. He chose to do that all on his own. He could have used that bully pulpit he has to promote the cause of God and truth instead. God has repaid him to his face for his filth. Thank God for His Justice. All who flaunt God's law can expect the same. Amen.
He ignored his duty to God and is paying the ultimate price for it now.

Source
www.godhatesamerica.com...
This church is just sick . I have not been this angry for someone i dont care much for in a long time . This hate has to be stopped people .
To mods. If this quote is unacceptable please just clean it up with [snips] and not delete the content . People need to see this

Here is there blog blogs.godhatesamerica.com...
[edit to add blog link]

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Mindless]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindless

Wow...

I think the Church/family doth protest too much...

I'm starting to wonder just what kind of activity these people get up to in their leisure time...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

Yep Beelz...Actually, the Waltons comes to mind in this case...These people have ZERO place in modern society...Such a hateful agenda, how they could in all honestly claim they have "Gods" blessing with what they do is totally beyond my way of thinking...

God as my way of thinking hates NOBODY...God as my way of thinking is ALWAYS prepared to forgive any sin committed by anybody...

I mean, this is a totally simple way to view God, I'm sure tons of people on here have lots of different definitions of "their" God...

But I'll bet London to a brick it is not the hateful God proposed by those animals which make up the Westbro Baptist Church...

May they burn in hell for all eternity...Oh yeah, may they also suffer long lives on this planet where they have to struggle day after day for even the most meager existence...

Scum

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Rilence]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

Okay now...simmer down...let's not defame the Waltons..that's a great show about decent people...the Waltons would never be hateful. (Sniffs, wipes tear)

However, if the economy keeps tanking we will all be living like the Waltons...goodnight John Boy.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Ah, the Westboro Baptist Church.

"You're gonna eat your babies!"

This was one of my favourite clips from Louis Theroux's excellent BBC documentary about the family.

Phelps appears to be the very personification of bile and hatred. And insanity.

Worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well, first off I think it's disgraceful that this group is even called a Church because they shouldn't qualify.

Secondly, they do have a history of harassing all sorts of people, not just soldiers.

Anyone remember the miners in WV? How about this tasteful sign?

These are deranged people. The problem is that they have big families. The founder Fred Phelps has 8 kids, his equally evil daughter has 11 kids. The people out in the street protesting funerals and what not are his family.

I wonder if they ate lead paint as children.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This despicable, hate-filled, racist so called "Church" does not deserve to get a mention. These individuals are not Christians.

I do not understand why the media gives attention to such hate groups.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
It's people like this that make me all for sterilization.
It is a bit amusing that they don't realize that they are the very worst of what is wrong with America.

smh what a vile bunch.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
These people are the looniest of the bunch. Eventually there is going to come a point where they are going to interrupt these private services and they will be hauled off to jail. There is a difference between harassment and free speech. You can't just go out and stalk people, then tell the police "oh this is free speech."

Here is another ATS thread from two years ago that gives some more background info on these "Christians." As soon as I saw this article, I thought of the image Valhall posted in the second post.

Simply a shame.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Oh so the Christian church is supporting gays and gay rights now?
Usually I'm not the type to judge a group by a sect but these guys just say what most Christians seem to feel (IMHO) I have yet to see a Christian out protesting for gay rights.
Which any love filled humanitarian would do.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I'm a Christian, do you see me spilling hate against gays.....no you don't. Many Christians don't either. Liberal Churches are open to gay members and marriage. Do some research please.

So please, don't generalise or stereotype

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

For the record, I know a large number of Christians who are not homophobic in the least, and while they are not out marching down the streets, neither are a lot of homosexuals.

Almost every Christian I know doesn't every really care, the most I ever have gotten is "it's not for me to judge, that's God's job." It's just that easy. I would not blanket an entire religious group using Westboro as their voice.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I believe these are the same assh0!3$ that go to soldiers funerals and protest? I hope they all burn in their own personal hell.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hence the (In my opinion )
We have different experiences i guess. And in mine religion is just a catalyst/excuse/justification.
But i respect the ones (people) with good values and respect for human kind . And that view there religion as a good suggestion to do good things.
I guess i have just met allot of fanatics and im sorry for lumping you respectful people in with them .

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Mindless]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join