It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EA asks Fox News to correct the record on Mass Effect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
EA Takes FOX News To Task Over Mass Effect

Do you watch the Fox Network? Do you watch Family Guy? Have you ever seen The OC? Do you think the sexual situations in Mass Effect are any more graphic than scenes routinely aired on those shows? Do you honestly believe that young people have more exposure to Mass Effect than to those prime time shows?

This isn’t a legal threat; it’s an appeal to your sense of fairness. We’re asking FNC to correct the record on Mass Effect.

Either Jeff Brown got peeved or he wants more publicity for Mass Effect.
He sounds irritated though.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Ah yes, Fox Noise... Even someone who wouldn't buy a 360 if you gave me the money for one can't stand this. Mass Effect is a great game if only it came out on a system that didn't break 34% of the time

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Oh man...i caught this on Joystiq a few days ago and thought it was HI-LARIOUS!

I'm not crapping on FoxNews because I think this could have aired on any network. Maybe FOX "spiced" it up with more than they should, but it's indicative of how the mainstream press still views video games and the people who play them.

It was only two weeks ago NPR did a piece where the reporter was surprised that video games had stories....and, GOD FORBID, video game players read.

Garbage...by snobby people, who want to make themselves feel better by knocking down the hobby of other people.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
How can you review a game if you haven't played it ? This could be grounds for a lawsuit just because of its negative portrayal on the mainstream media. Slander really is a serious offense.

It's going to be interesting how this unravels. Keeping in mind that Microsoft and EA's market does not require sex to sell their products to consumers.

They should have reviewed playboy mansion; it would have fit in better with their main idea. That way the University of Maryland studies would have beared fruition.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ahh, but then they couldn't use the head line SeXBOX.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
Ahh, but then they couldn't use the head line SeXBOX.

Originally posted by websurfer
This could be grounds for a lawsuit just because of its negative portrayal on the mainstream media. Slander really is a serious offense.

Fox News probably has some kind of strategy or system. They always pull this kind of stunt again and again and no one seems capable of suing them big time.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
Fox News probably has some kind of strategy or system. They always pull this kind of stunt again and again and no one seems capable of suing them big time.

It just appears that way. Fox will probably settle by giving EA and their partners (Microsoft and Bioware) free advertising time on their network. Broadcast time equal to the slander allegations.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Considering that you have to 18 yrs old to buy this video and will be asked for ID at ebgames and gamestop. Fox News should just kindly stfu with all the crap they've shoved into my skull through the years via the fox network.

And lets not forget the Fox Movies.

Slow news days as always, suppose the britney crap is getting a bit stale, yet they still shove it in my face.

post script:

Mass Effect rox mah box.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
One of their tactics.

Fox snaps back at Electronic Arts

Fox has bitten back at EA, claiming the publisher has ignored invitations to stand up and defend itself on TV.

Annoying, aren't they?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Am I the only one who thinks they are pretty stupid because they think seeing a naked female for about 2 minutes on a video game is going to make teenagers become sex addicts or whatever they are trying to say?

Will someone please tell me the worst possible thing that can come from this?

-Will

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Basilis

I know it's not been that long since I was a teenager, but aren't all people that age sex addicts? They're just discovering the wonders of growing up, and are realizing that they can do things that they never knew possible.

To me, I just think the MSM is playing too much on emotions to garner ratings than anything else. Do what I do when this happens, go play WoW!!

TheBorg

new topics

top topics

join