It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Divination Methods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Does anyone else have a family member(s) who use strange methods for divining the future or anything else? My mom's mother and grandmother read palms, but there are two other things they do which I thought I'd share and see if anyone else does these things too.

The egg in a glass of water reveals the year. On New Years, I fill a clear glass with water, leaving a third or fourth of the glass empty and crack an egg into it. A few hours later, usually by the time I see it after waking up, the egg has spread out with opaque white tendrils spreading around to the surface of the water, some supported by bubbles. The shape of the egg, and the bubbles can be used to predict what happens for you in the next year. Some family stories which explain possible egg-shape meanings: My aunt had blood in her egg once and she was terribly sick all that year, a male relative's egg was "coffin shaped" and he died that year, and my mom's egg looked exactly like the wedding vale she wore later that year, another person had a baby carriage shaped egg the year they had their first baby. My family is so freaked out by thier egg predictions that no one does it anymore except me. Large bubbles on the surface of the water mean you will make alot of money, possibly winning it. The shape of the egg-strings in the water will usually make an image that you can interpret for yourself. There's no book on how to do it (as far as I know!) so just use your intuition. Take a picture and look at it later, this is something I always forget to do! (Mine are usually arches with landmarks, as I move around alot, so my eggs usually look the same. I think the arch might just mean "the year" and what's under it or attached to it reveals more. I'll have to do this for a few more years to figure more out.)

Needle and String shows you your future children. Use a metal object like a needle (something very light weight, as a necklace or something heavy doesnt swing so well) and put it on the end of a string. Hold out your right hand, palm up, and using your left hand dip the needle 3 times between the thumb and index finger on your right hand, then hold the needle over the center of your palm. If it swings back and forth in a straight line that means you will have a son. If it swings in a circle that means you will have a daughter. If it swings in a mixture of both, it could indicate twins (my mom says so, and I'm a twin). Dip it 3 times again to see your second child, and again for third, and so on. When you hold it over the center of your palm and if it doesn't swing, that means that you won't have anymore children (or any children at all if it is the first try). It might swing a tiny bit when you first place it over your palm, but then it will come to a stop quickly; the difference is very noticable between a swing and a no-swing. It works even if you already have had your children, and will show which children currently have (though I hope you already know their sexes!), but if you are past child-birthing age it wont show any kids. I'm not sure what it shows if you're "fixed." Don't worry if you bump your hand, it will still make the same shape when swinging that it's supposed to. I haven't yet tried to use this method to ask 'yes or no' questions or tried dipping it between other fingers, so I don't know if it can be used to divine anything else. It always gives the correct answer when I've seen it done (when we already know how many kids and what sex - so it's easy to verify). By the way, I'm having a boy, a girl, and possibly twins after that, tho I'm using a pushpin on a string and it doesnt swing very well, I need to go dig up a needle. Everytime I do it, it shows the same patterns in the same order.

Well try these out, and tell me your own family secrets if you have any. This looked like the best board to put this thread, so sorry if it's not paranormal enough. Oh yeah, once I got a uber-christian leaflet on my doorstep and it showed evil magical practices that would send a person straight to the lake of fire, and one of them was the egg in a glass of water! Uh-oh!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The only divination method I'm really into is astrology. But I don't use it to predict things, I just find that it can be amazingly accurate for describing a person's character. I know lots of sceptics will disagree but I've studied it for the past 5 years so I have a pretty good understanding of it. Numerology is pretty good too.

join