It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Americans Believe In Creation

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It's funny that you're the only racist I've run across on this thread.... Your blind hypocrisy worries me actually, I'm not sure how anyone can take you seriously now... Go ahead and say what's really on your mind, don't try and be PC go ahead and say white people and stop trying to beat around the bush.....

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ppkjjkpp

Are you suprised?
Most people on the Planet believe in Creation. No need to single out America.
Change your thread title to Most people in the World believe in Creation.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by MrXYZ
So atheists are white Caucasians...

yes as (I) have observed...

Ok, soooo:
This is a white Caucasian
And this dude is also a white Caucasian?
What about him?
And this individual as well?
I'm guessing this is another white Caucasian as well
With this individual too
I always see pictures of this most definitely white Caucasian everywhere
Oh, this guy is most definitely a Caucasian, just look at him!
More whiteys!
Yet another white person
Definitely white as well
Damn there are jsut so many Caucasians to choose from!
I mean, this is getting ridiculous, I can't seem to find a singe non-white atheist

Ok, that's it for the List of atheist activists section...
Maybe I'll find a single non-white atheist in the other portions of Wikipedia's list.

[/sarcasm]

All of those people are outspoken public atheists who are activists of one sort or another. That is merely a small sampling of the well-known atheist community.

I have stated in other topics just how to identify one of these said self-proclaimed gods also.

Yes, with bigoted ignorance. The same bigoted ignorance that identifies atheism as being racist, as being spawned by Satan, as being identified with heroin use, as viewing themselves as deities etc....all without justification.

in my opinion they are a lowly crowd, lost and unguided...

Really? In my opinion they're human beings and deserve to be treated with the same respect and dignity as everyone else.

I can only imagine the upbringing this particular group of Deist must have had.

Atheist are not deists. Stop making further ignorant comments atop the already Brobdingnagian mountain of ignorance you've provided with ATS. But I guess I can add "poor upbringing" and "deist" to the list of ignorances you've spewed.

it is horrible and they only need education to be able to see we are all Created equal,

To quote you:

in my opinion they are a lowly crowd, lost and unguided...

Racism runs amok in the Atheistic faith.

I'm sorry, but provide some sort of evidence for this.

Question 7: Where is the evidence that atheists are racists?
Question 8: How is atheism a faith?
edit on 27/12/10 by madnessinmysoul because: Fixed bold formatting

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro

Are you suprised?

I’m very sure that’s not true, here in Europe religion is defiantly circling the drain; the whole creationism thing looks like its almost a solely American thing

Results of a Gallup poll based on the question "Does religion occupy an important place in your life?":
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

Sorry, but the world is not Europe and the US.

Look at the numbers for religion and you will find that the vast majority of people believe in a god or gods.
The mythologies associated with these belief systems defer to creation inspired by that belief.
Even if religious people accept Evolution they will still subscribe to it as being a process inspired by a God or Gods.
It is creation by default.
One example of this is Intelligent design, which is an attempt at a synthesis of Religion and Science in order to explain creation by qualifying a belief in an abstract entity by using todays dominant paradigm(science and technology).

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Well yes of course your right, I was focusing on your point that
“Most people on the Planet believe in Creation”

I found this:
en.wikipedia.org...

So there is large number of different creation myths that many other people believe - not just the christian one, but interestingly it seems to show, there are nearly as many people who are “on the fence about god” or who flat out don’t believe in god as there are muslims

I just found it interesting so I thought I would share

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
It's funny that you're the only racist I've run across on this thread.... Your blind hypocrisy worries me actually, I'm not sure how anyone can take you seriously now... Go ahead and say what's really on your mind, don't try and be PC go ahead and say white people and stop trying to beat around the bush.....

I am a White-man, Black-man, Brown-man, Yellow-man, and Red-man... I am a man of Five ! I am an American.

one thing I surely am not is a little Green-man... if one can understand the dualistic nature of my metaphor ?

I am also not a racist, although I am discriminatory sometimes of handedness it has nothing at all to do with racism.

I have made these observations on my own and no intention of spreading racism on this site as I would see some others would like to.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

it is horrible and they only need education to be able to see we are all Created equal, Racism runs amok in the Atheistic faith.

Here you go again insulting atheists in a thread that isn't even about atheism. It really is growing tiresome. By the way, one of my favorite atheists:

As for the thread itself it bothers me that most Americans have such a weak grasp of Evolution that they would rather believe a story that invokes magic. It shows how badly our education system has failed in regards to teaching Evolution.
edit on 27-12-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
As for the thread itself it bothers me that most Americans have such a weak grasp of Evolution that they would rather believe a story that invokes magic.

surely you might actually mean the Atheists themselves or the Wiccans ect ?

the scriptures are not magic, they are metaphor... something that some people have lost the ability to grasp over time because of the hustle and bustle of their daily lives.

the Scriptures are very very old and predate Evolution theory by thousands of years, I am quite sure as wise as men of old were they observed this in nature also but figured it really was not important enough to pen down with any conviction.

edit on 12/27/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The only ancient I know of who proposed anything even similar to Evolution was Anaximander and his version was vastly different from what Darwin later discovered and what we now understand as Evolution.

I was raised to believe the Bible and I know that most of them do not take the story as Metaphor. I was taught that God literally spoke things into being via divine power and breathed the breath of life into Adam. I believed Genesis was literally true, although I didn't believe the days were actual 24 hour days, and that God could merely speak things into existence. Of course today I understand that this is absurd, it's literally magic words. Most Creationists believe in magic.

There are those that blend Creation and Evolution to say that God(s) or aliens have somehow guided it but their ideas don't have any evidence either.

It saddens me that our education system has failed so miserably that people would rather explain life and bio-diversity with the supernatural.
edit on 27-12-2010 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
As for the thread itself it bothers me that most Americans have such a weak grasp of Evolution that they would rather believe a story that invokes magic.

surely you might actually mean the Atheists themselves or the Wiccans ect ?

I'm sorry, but how is it that atheists either have a weak grasp of evolution or believe in magic?
And sure, Wiccans believe in some sort of magic, though I see no evidence to think they don't believe in evolution.

the scriptures are not magic, they are metaphor... something that some people have lost the ability to grasp over time because of the hustle and bustle of their daily lives.

Didn't you see Skull's video? Why is it that we take the myths that are no longer held as religion literally while the ones that are religion are taken figuratively? Also, who is it that doesn't understand the scriptures? I sure as hell do. I've spent a good portion of the last 5 years trying to better understand world religions.

the Scriptures are very very old and predate Evolution theory by thousands of years,

Well, older isn't better. Scriptures also predate heliocentrism, but that doesn't mean their geocentric ideas are more reasonable.

I am quite sure as wise as men of old were they observed this in nature also but figured it really was not important enough to pen down with any conviction.

Wise? You mean the wise men that committed genocides regularly? You mean the wise men that thought the Sun went around the Earth? The wise men that thought that land plants were created before the Sun? The wise men who didn't know the value of pi? I can just keep going on with all the things they got wrong about the natural world.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro

Are you suprised?

yes I totally agree, I myself was not singling out only americans but have noticed this green trend in Atheism (as stated in other posts) to be a trend amongst predominantly Caucasian's (male/female) of anglophone speaking nations.

Creation does rule even in these said locations although there are those who believe or would like to believe otherwise...

I hope I am not coming off as racist especially as I am a Caucasian

one who loves Heavy Metal at that, (real Metal)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
So atheists are white Caucasians...

yes as (I) have observed...

I have stated in other topics just how to identify one of these said self-proclaimed gods also.

in my opinion they are a lowly crowd, lost and unguided... I can only imagine the upbringing this particular group of Deist must have had.

it is horrible and they only need education to be able to see we are all Created equal, Racism runs amok in the Atheistic faith.

Racism has nothing to do with atheism or vice versa. Also, you really have to come down from your high horse if you believe atheists are unguided and lost...or a lowly crowd (nice insult btw, well done...so far for Christian compassion and being non-judgemental).

Also hilarious how you completely disregard the fact that atheism is the ABSENCE OF BELIEF IN A DEITY...which makes it VERY clear how laughable your assertion that atheists believe in gods is.

Lastly, talking about "education" while talking about complete scientific hogwash like the flood or creation and a garden of eden (lol) is ironic

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

yes I totally agree, I myself was not singling out only americans but have noticed this green trend in Atheism (as stated in other posts) to be a trend amongst predominantly Caucasian's (male/female) of anglophone speaking nations.

And I already showed you that that statement is a pile of cowchips.
Here is a list of atheists
I used this list to compile the following list from just the "activists and educators" section:

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

This is a white Caucasian
And this dude is also a white Caucasian?
What about him?
And this individual as well?
I'm guessing this is another white Caucasian as well
With this individual too
I always see pictures of this most definitely white Caucasian everywhere
Oh, this guy is most definitely a Caucasian, just look at him!
More whiteys!
Yet another white person
Definitely white as well
Damn there are jsut so many Caucasians to choose from!
I mean, this is getting ridiculous, I can't seem to find a singe non-white atheist

This is just racially based. Were I to move to non-anglophonic atheists the list would get much longer. There are also just the famous ones in the category of activists and educators.

Creation does rule even in these said locations although there are those who believe or would like to believe otherwise...

Even if it were more popular, it is still incorrect.

I hope I am not coming off as racist especially as I am a Caucasian

No, you're just coming of as someone who doesn't know what they're talking about whenever you type a single word about atheists. I am a bilingual atheist from the island of Malta, speaking both English and Maltese. My father is a trilingual atheist physicist from the island of Malta speaking Maltese, Italian, and English.

Anyway, just to further counter your point, I'm going to include non-anglophonic and nonwhite atheist authors.
A Pakistani
A Brazillian
A German
Another Brazillian
Kinky French guy
A Swede
Another Frenchman
An Albanian
A Polish Jewish Atheist, also known as the Polish Ann Frank
Another Swede
A Nobel prize winning Swede
An Italian
Another Italian
Another German
Yet another Frenchy
One more Italian
An Egyptian
Another Nobel prize winner, this one is French
Another French guy for the pile
A Spanish Catalan
A Prolific Turkish Writer
An Italian
Another Atheistic Polish Jew
An Indian
A Russian
A Portugese gentleman
A Chinese gentleman
Another Russian
And anothe Pole

I have quite a list of people on here who are either non-white, non-anglophonic, or both between those two lists I have in here.

I wonder if this will convince you that you might be incorrect.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Great work... somebody does have to do it !

as I have observed via gathering evidence in Nature I believe alot of posters would get better responses from other posters if they directly addressed them (like most humans/men of Five do)

I am providing sworn fact of this gathered evidence and raising my hand (of five) in testimony to this truth.

Americans are a certain character and after being truly American for some time even those who were atheists when they were 'green' usually end up on the right side of the fence, being humanity.

Say no to Racism and denounce Evolution at the core.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

as I have observed via gathering evidence in Nature I believe alot of posters would get better responses from other posters if they directly addressed them (like most humans/men of Five do)

I am providing sworn fact of this gathered evidence and raising my hand (of five) in testimony to this truth.

Americans are a certain character and after being truly American for some time even those who were atheists when they were 'green' usually end up on the right side of the fence, being humanity.

Given that the amount of believers is shrinking, and the amount of atheists is growing (78% over the last 10yrs), I call bull#. And what you are presenting isn't evidence, in fact, every single post you make is basically an anti-atheist rant and you never ever back it up with hard facts. For example, people have told you atheism by its very definition is the ABSENCE of belief, but you go on spouting bull# about how it's a belief like religion. They've also asked you to provide evidence for Darwin being racist and his theory having any negative consequences...once again you chose to NOT provide evidence and just continue to brabble your crap.

It's kinda hard to stay nice and respectful for you given that all you're doing is ranting without ever backing up your claims...or even responding to people if they disagree with you. You just completely ignore any points that are made against your worldview. You made a thread against Darwin, and failed at showing how his theory is bad...same against evolution, you failed again.

If you had evidence, you'd be able to post clear evidence. As it stands, all you're doing is claiming random stuff, and then say "I got evidence" without ever providing that evidence. That gives you about as much credibility as the guy believing in the flying spaghetti monster

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

irrelevant...

we have already argued this in multiple threads... being the Majority of the planet have some type of faith or other, do we really need to use this style of circular-logic and post all the pie graphs and data and Gallup polls yet once again ?

see this is a major problem with linear thinking and it is holding humanity hostage...

you are not free Neo, you are but a slave !

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

irrelevant...

we have already argued this in multiple threads... being 95% of the planet have some type of faith or other, do we really need to use this style of circular-logic and post all the pie graphs and data and Gallup polls yet once again ?

see this is a major problem with linear thinking and it is holding humanity hostage...

you are not free Neo, you are but a slave !

It's called "looking at facts"

You just tried to make a point, I refuted that point with hard facts and figures...and suddenly the point you were trying to make isn't "important anymore". Sure...that's an easy way to do it...every time someone debunks your points you argue those points aren't important anymore

You were the one trying make some random statements about everyone switching to religion, when REALITY shows a VERY different picture. The churches know this, they're loosing members left and right as hard figures show...of course if you ignore the facts, one might not "know" about this, lol.

Facts is:

1) The number of believers is shrinking.
2) The number of atheists is increasing.
3) The number of people who acknowledge evolution for the sound theory it is, is increasing.
4) We know the world isn't 10k years old, or that plants came after the sun (lol).
5) We know many stories in the bible are just plain false...such as the flood.

Not acknowledging all this means you're brainwashed by religion to the point where you can't even see reality anymore.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think I heard a shot !

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0d817d5a1c80.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e1e6051c84a.gif[/atsimg]
www.gallup.com...

78% Believers via Gallup, but we can't be to discriminatory now can we ?
7% more undecided via Gallup since 1982, and 50% of that 16% is Theistic but non-religious via Adherents/com, big numbers there... so we have a total of 8% hardcore Racists in our midst.

how many times do some people need to see these pictures ?

Wake Up

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

What, the great work I did in showing that your posts are entirely poop by using evidence and reason?

I've addressed you directly quite often, only to be ignored because basically all of the posts I make in response to you are definitive refutations of your points

I'm sorry, raising your hand doesn't make something truth. You actually have to provide evidence to back up your claims.

Who? I'm sorry, but the number of atheists in America is growing as MrXYZ has pointed out. And how is atheism opposed to humanity?

I guess I'll have to add that to the list of questions:

Question 1: Where is the evidence in Darwin's writings that he was a racist? No, the subtitle of a book isn't enough to draw a conclusion about the material contained within.

Question 2: Where is the evidence of negative social impact with regard to Darwin's theory of evolution?

Question 3: Where is the evidence that Darwin's writings and scientific findings influenced any dictatorship? Please provide direct quotes from these dictators.

Question 4: Why would it be dangerous to teach children actual, fact-based science?

Question 5: Do you or do you not agree that Darwin's theory of evolution is the best way to explain the diversity of life found upon planet Earth?

Question 6: How is evolution a racist ideology?

Question 7: How is atheism in opposition to humanity?

Again, Question 6: How is evolution a racist ideology?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join