It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi! I'm Missa, and I am a paranormal investigator....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I am the lead investigator of CCPI- Chemung County Paranormal Investigators. I am also the founder.

I wanted to know if there was any information i could get on the Breesport Infirmary/Asylum?
There is also a cemetery a few yards away that i think belongs to the building. I can't seem to find any real history of either place.
My Team and I are trying to dig up enough information to Investigate the place.
The only information i can find, is the place was once an orphange, then the crazy people, now it is an apartment complex. There was a fire at one point, but i can't seem to find a date on that either!
HELP!!!!

Our myspace page is:
www.myspace.com/missas_ghost_hunters

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. I know nothing about the Breesport Infirmary A quick seach of the internet came up with the links below. Hopefully there is something of interest here.

Chemung Valley History Musuem

Breesport Ghost Sightings

Is this the infirmary in question?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
thank you for your help.
It's greatly appriecated.
Thank you for the warm welcome too.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by missa_wiccan_chick

Welcome to ATS -- I think everyone here would love to hear about some of your experiences, if you are able to respond in any detail (I could easily see why you would not be able to disclose, so I'm just asking.)

Paranormal Investigation -- is that a pretty good market? How did you get involved in something like that? What kind of equipment do you use?

These are the kind of questions I would love to hear about, in addition to some real ghost stories!

Let me know how I can help you.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Welcome and blessed be.

Will look forward to your input.

Peace...merry meet...

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by missa_wiccan_chick

I wanted to know if there was any information i could get on the Breesport Infirmary/Asylum?
There is also a cemetery a few yards away that i think belongs to the building. I can't seem to find any real history of either place.

A good general rule of thumb is that there is usually an historical society, or a genealogical society in any given area that can steer you towards the right research. Also...libraries have local histories. Tap into what others have done. Have fun, and report back

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It's an intresting field to say the least. We are non-profit though. Only donations we take.
how did i get involved? I have seen to many things to think that ghosts dont exisist, and I know others like me.
We use digital Cameras, voice recorders, video cameras, EMF dectors (Elctro Magnetic Field) and ofcourse our own instincts.

The ghost stories i could tell you......
I lived in a house that was part of the underground rail-road.
I have also been inside the Infirmary/Asylum, and spend a weekend in there.
my personal Myspace is:
www.myspace.com/missa_is_cool83

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
How I envy you. I wish I had the free time to do just this. Unfortunatly, I live in Japan, with horrible rules stating my CURFEW, that's right a grown man with a curfew, that makes it hard for any kind of late night investigating.

Well, hopefully when the Corps sends me back to the states, I'll find some time.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I just wish it paid the bills.
Any donations we get, go right into the group for equiptment, and gas, and advertising, etc.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by missa_wiccan_chick
my personal Myspace is:
www.myspace.com/missa_is_cool83

well, you've got the myspace page set to personal so nobody but friends can log into it...whats with that being you've promoted it in 2 posts already

is this Paranormal Investigator a self taught title or are there credentials to be had...
do you need state or local licenses to operate this professional vocation or is your status an advocation (hobby)

hi, mwc

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Sorry i forgot that i had it set on private. I will fix that.
It's considered a hobby. I wish there was a real job with credentials like that. Trust me.
On my group myspace page, there are pictures from a few investigations that we did. Intresting pics.

new topics

top topics

join