It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wheel of Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Has anyone here read most of the Wheel of Time books? I finished them, and was waiting for the last book then Robert Jordan died

So, someone post anything about it and we'll start the discussion.

____
If you haven't read them yet, go buy the first one. You won't be able to put it down ;D.

-Will

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have been a huge fan for years. I was so sad when I herd Robert died. His poor wife, what a tragedy.

The final book will be released in 2009. Robert left behind copious notes and several people were well informed on the conclusion of the series and how it was to come about.

The new author has also been chosen to finish the series. Tor books announced that Brandon Sanderson will be completing the series. Link to Wiki of the Author

Edit: My favorite charicters are Avienda, Mat, Perrin, and hmmm...Moraine

I would have to look through the books to decide which my favorite is. Any way, there is my contribution to get this conversation rolling =)

[edit on 23-1-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yeah I know, I just hope the new author doesn't screw everything up... Me and my dad are waiting for it to come out lol.

You like Perrin? He was so annoying in the later books... I'd have to say Min is my favorite female character, and Mat is my favorite male character.

I'm sad that RJ won't be able to write the book about what Mat does after all of it is over with...

-Will

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I did not realize that RJ had plans for books on Mat after the WoT series was completed. Now I am bummed too. Mat is a bad ass, I would love to hear more about him.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I was an avid reader of the first 6 or 7 books but for various reasons then failed to follow through.
How many books have been released now in the series?
I think that now I have a fair bit of spare time on my hands, I may have to re-read them and the one's I am missing before the release of the last one.

Of what I recall, Min is without doubt tops!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
There are now 11 books and 1 pre equal. There will thus be 1`2 main books and 1 additional outside book. there were suppose to be three pre equals all together but I don't think that will happen now as RJ has passed on.

Yes, Min is definitely a excellent charicter.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I've just started re-reading book 1. Now I guess I'll go through them all again lol.

Who the hell killed Asmo?! :bnghd:

-Will

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
If you would really like to know who I think killed Asmodean I will happily tell you.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Sure tell me. Not like I'm going to figure it out anytime soon.

-Will

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Basilis
Who the hell killed Asmo?! :bnghd:

That is one of the great mysteries of our time.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
So what do y'all think of a movie about the WOT? Even if it sucked, I'd still watch it. :3

-Will

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I don't know if they could do movies. The story is way too long and involved.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think I remember reading about tentative plans for The Eye of the World as a movie. I'd have to agree, though, it would need to be a 20 hour movie or something to get the whole story! Maybe a TV series where they could do one book a year or something...

top topics

join