It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President ordered shoot down of suspect aircraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I just finished watching United 93 (2006) and in one of the last title shots it says

At 10:18am, the President authorized the military to engage hijacked aircraft. Fearing an accidental shoot down, military commanders chose not to pass the order to pilots in the air.

I was wondering how true this was, as after several search attempts, I can not find anything related to this.

CT

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

Tis true.

MR. RUSSERT: What's the most important decision you think he made during the course of the day?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: Well, the--I suppose the toughest decision was this question of whether or not we would intercept incoming commercial aircraft.

MR. RUSSERT: And you decided?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: We decided to do it. We'd, in effect, put a flying combat air patrol up over the city; F-16s with an AWACS, which is an airborne radar system, and tanker support so they could stay up a long time. It doesn't do any good to put up a combat air patrol if you don't give them instructions to act, if, in fact, they feel it's appropriate.

MR. RUSSERT: So if the United States government became aware that a hijacked commercial airline was destined for the White House or the Capitol, we would take the plane down?

VICE PRES. CHENEY: Yes. The president made the decision, on my recommendation as well, wholeheartedly conquered in the decision he made, that if the plane would not divert, if they wouldn't pay any attention to instructions to move away from the city, as a last resort, our pilots were authorized to take them out. Source

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Boone 870

Ok, so the order was given.

What about the part about military commanders choosing not to pass the order to the pilots in the air?

CT

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

Well, one would be led to believe that that would correspond to Cheney's infamous order to stand down. But:

VICE PRES. CHENEY: Yes. The president made the decision, on my recommendation...

But the problem, under the official story, comes in when they can't contact the planes because the supposed hijackers had turned off their transponders. So what does he do? Let the planes fly into the buildings? That little exercise they had going on ring any bells?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I would also like to point out that the movie is not a great source for accurate information.

I also belive that if everything were in order that day there would have been no problem getting to those planes and doing something....you know since they have done it so many times in the past.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I would also like to point out that the movie is not a great source for accurate information.

Im aware of this. Thats why I was trying to find out if the info I posted was true or not.

It seems that the shootdown order was given, but nothing has been found regarding the military "choosing" not to pass the order along.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Yes, United 93 was destined for the White House and was shot down, as per Rumsfeld's admission. Most debris was quickly removed to Iron Mountain facility to hide the truth.

[edit on 2008/1/23 by SteveR]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Maybe that explains this:

Google Video Link

[edit on 24-1-2008 by ALLis0NE]

top topics

join