It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephenville UFO Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It looks fake but you never know, maybe its real.
The author claims the men that shot the clip are Christians who arent likely to make up stuff like this

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 23-1-2008 by TallDutch]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Thats pretty obvious CGI.

Hate to be the first to put a dampener on it, but the movement behind objects and the edges of the object itself are fairly poorly done and i could tell by the first 5 seconds it was a home-made attempt at a UFO hoax video.

Sorry, but nice try.

EDIT: This video is far more convincing IMHO.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
All reports seem to indicate that there were "bright" lights...none of which are seen here.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
That UFO is computer generated 100% all the way... C'mon... it's a no-brainer...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

It could just be me, but I don't see those problems,and the lighting and atmospheric opacity look about right to my eye. OTOH, I am no expert on video fakery. I'd more persuaded if I could see it duplicated.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by disownedsky
reply to post by fooffstarr

It could just be me, but I don't see those problems,and the lighting and atmospheric opacity look about right to my eye. OTOH, I am no expert on video fakery. I'd more persuaded if I could see it duplicated.

Don't you think if people are able to make those Haiti-UFO videos that they could easily reproduce this one? This is not only CGI, but seems to be somewhat amateur CGI... look how the "object" looks when it starts to fly off... so obvious...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm sorry that was absolutely terrible. That was only proof of someone's lack of animation talent, not UFOs. Please try not to be fooled by something that is so obviously fake.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This is so poor!
Ban the person who posted this nonsense.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Banning someone for reporting something they find on You Tube is not the answer. Not everyone has enough experience to spot these things. To many people, seeing is believing.

It is only the jaded soul that would be so reckless in saying such a thing. Yes, it is CGI, and not all that good, as even I could spot it. But to anyone not aware of just how realistic this "art form" has become, it's easy to be fooled.

Let's not start an elitist movement here on ATS.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

That was intended to be sarcasm! It's not up to me to moderate here.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gauncents

I'm glad to see you weren't serious. I just naturally come to the defense of the underdog.

Besides, I just recently traveled the learning road on CGI myself. Being new to what could be done, I had a lot to learn, so I feel for those who get suckered.

No harm, no foul.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
yeah I took you wrong too....there are people that would actually want to ban someone like that so you can understand. on the vid...yeah its fake. I am no expert but ever since joining the site I have a better eye for stuff like that. We have a lot of experts on here and they are great at getting at the truth... Thumbs up to the ATS community

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Here is a better one- cbs11tv.com...

It does kinda look like its making some kind of hieroglyphs

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Thank you posters/critics. Thanks to you, I know not even to look at this video. I always have time to post, I will not waste any on videos people overwhelmingly say is bogus (according to post title...) and so thanks peeps.

Now back to the real news in Texas....

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Without seeing an actual video footage of that you can't tell if it is silly string or a computer animation. That isn't convincing at all. =s

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
Banning someone for reporting something they find on You Tube is not the answer. Not everyone has enough experience to spot these things. To many people, seeing is believing.

It is only the jaded soul that would be so reckless in saying such a thing. Yes, it is CGI, and not all that good, as even I could spot it. But to anyone not aware of just how realistic this "art form" has become, it's easy to be fooled.

Let's not start an elitist movement here on ATS.

Thank you

It was never my intention do deliberately deceive

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The footage is no way real!

Youtube ufo videos is most of the time people who are experimenting with graphics!

Good try though!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NLDelta9
Here is a better one- cbs11tv.com...

It does kinda look like its making some kind of hieroglyphs

Does anybody have a link to the full video? The news people seemed to only be showing snippets of a more lengthy footage.

Why would MUFON so quickly deem this video "unremarkable"?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Of course, any video COULD be CGI with enough skill and patience. What makes it most suspect is that the camera is pointing in just the right direction when the object appears, and smoothly pans over as it moves to the right. The camera would have to be on a tripod to capture this.

It could just be my presbyopia, but I can't see the obvious flaws. The compression can be pretty bad on YouTube, so I'm not sure what I'm seeing.

When the object moves behind the steeple, I'm unable to discern any artifacts.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by NLDelta9

Great find N.

Loved the pilot. "This video looks just like what we saw." Wait for it... "Sorry sir, that is not what you saw." Mind control.

I posted on Dr. Loves threat about how the lights in his posted video looked very similar to the Dorothy Iazzt films.

Once again we have a video similar to Dorothy Izaat's films here in Texas.

How about the four sightings on New Years Day? All similar to Dorothy's films.

Is a pattern emerging? I'm just asking.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join