It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash carrot for obese people to lose pounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Cash carrot for obese people to lose pounds

www.timesonline.co.uk

Obese and overweight adults in England could be paid to lose weight under plans being considered by the Government. The new strategy to tackle poor eating habits and sedentary lifestyles includes the suggestion that people should receive financial rewards or shopping vouchers for achieving and maintaining a healthy weight.......Mr Johnson said: “The core of the problem is simple — we eat too much and we do too little exercise. The solution is more complex.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
WOW. I am not sure if this story will stay here on ATS or be moved but either way, I cannot believe something like this would be considered by a government. How can you justify giving overweight people money because they do not have will power and they have an addiction. What about the homeless veterans that our governments have forgotten? What do they get? Usually just a stint in jail for causing what police see as "trouble" when they are merely trying to get some money to eat to stay alive. And England's government wants to pay people to lose weight? I just can't believe this. I am an American who is very athletic and not fat at all. America is considered one of the "fattest" countries in the world. So is this going to be the new thing instead of promoting fitness and getting up off the couch? I just do not believe that money should be the way to resolve the obesity problem in any country. What about smokers, are they going to get anything for motivation to quit? Total nonsense IMO. One last question, where is this money going to come from? Anyone in england heard this, please let me know your opinions on this.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join