It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three little pigs - Offensive to Muslims and Builders.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

A story based on the Three Little Pigs has been turned down from a government agency's annual awards because the subject matter could offend Muslims.

That is the first paragraph of the story, right there we see my sons favourite bedtime story become a piece of political propaganda. (he laughs his . off when I become the wolf and try to eat him.)

This is just crazy. Why should the religious beliefs of one group of people be used to judge a book that was written for everyone?

I don't even think (It's hard to tell) that this is being brought about by Muslims. It's the PC posse riding high on the horses of stupidity.

They go on to have another go at the story for depicting the pigs as cowboy builders (a term in the UK for builders that do bad work and ride off in to the sunset with the money) I think we all know that pigs make crappy builders, it's really hard to lay bricks with trotters.

They also warned that the story might "alienate parts of the workforce (building trade)".

The judges criticised the stereotyping in the story of the unfortunate pigs: "Is it true that all builders are cowboys, builders get their work blown down, and builders are like pigs?"

Crazy little pigs

What is this world, coming too?

MonKey

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing Thread

Three Little Pigs 'Too Offensive'

posted on 23-1-2008 @ 01:34 PM

--------- *Thread closed*-------------

new topics

join