It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many times has the world ended?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul
You may read the title of this and wonder what the heck I mean.... but I mean just what it asks... I have this theory and it isn't backed by fact or sources or research only by my own mind and gut feelings.

I keep thinking, what if this has happened before.... kind of like one big deja vu.

the world is born... we evolve...... we kill ourselves off.. cycle restarts.....

Maybe thats why there are so many discrepancies in religion and science ect. I mean every religion thinks they are "the one" well maybe they are.. or rather WERE at one point in time. What if those hieroglyphics in the caves that are from ancient civilizations are more ancient than we realize?

Maybe what happened to the dinosouars 65 billion years ago or whenever it was... happened 65 billion yers before that and at that time there were civilizations more advanced than even us?? but then "the world ended" at least for them.... fast forward 65 billion .. dinosaurs.. fast forward another 65 billion.. here we are... on the edge again.. and trying to make sense of things evenm ore ancient than we can ever comprehend?

Maybe life and time and space is nothing more than one big repeating cycle.....

I am crazy?

If you like sci-fi at all try reading Dean Koontz "Twilight Eyes", its available in paperback and although this isnt the main focal point of the book he discusses the same thing you mentioned above (having ended at least once). Cool idea!

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I read a book that had a similar idea once.

Have a look at "A Canticle for Leibowitz" by Walter Miller. I'm sure you'd love it.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Good thread.... reading it just sparked this weird idea... What would it be like if we had a few (large) dinosaurus running around? Nah... as violent as we are we'd probably kill them. But it would be insane to see a video of a T-Rex running around randomly. Meh too many Jurassic Park movies.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I love one of the last scenes at the end of the Steven Spielberg film "A.I."

The one where the advanced creatures recover the boy from the ice in a very large archeological dig.

Some I spoke to felt that these advanced beings must be aliens investigating the planet and a lost civilization of Earth.

Could be. That speculation I could understand, they certainly looked like the stereotypical image of extraterrestrials.

I have always thought differently.

I have always felt it was an accurate vision of history repeating itself.

[edit on 1/24/2008 by Kaiser Sohse]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooptie
Good thread.... reading it just sparked this weird idea... What would it be like if we had a few (large) dinosaurus running around? Nah... as violent as we are we'd probably kill them. But it would be insane to see a video of a T-Rex running around randomly. Meh too many Jurassic Park movies.

Go see "Cloverfield". Pretty darn good film.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I can relate to this theory. I'm not religious but recently have had thoughts of this concept constantly on my mind. I can't explain it and have nothing to back it up.

My thoughts are that not only could we be re living our lives over and over again having several chances to correct our mistakes (kinda like the groundhog day movie) but that we only get so many chances before the cut off date.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cazzy2211
I can relate to this theory. I'm not religious but recently have had thoughts of this concept constantly on my mind. I can't explain it and have nothing to back it up.

My thoughts are that not only could we be re living our lives over and over again having several chances to correct our mistakes (kinda like the groundhog day movie) but that we only get so many chances before the cut off date.

I believe the world ended once after the fall of mankind and was picked up by our Savior Yahshua. There is an appointed time that only Yahweh knows, not even the angels in heaven know, no, not anyone but the Father. However, in His Word you can clearly read that we are in the last minutes before it all ends. There is a fire coming, A Holy fire, and this earth and all things in it and heaven will be burned by this fire. The question we should all ask ourselves is when it does END will we remain.

I feel kind of like you cazzy2211, that's why I borrowed your quote. Maybe, perhaps, it is Yahshua nudging at us, knocking at the doors of our hearts and minds so that we might open to Him and He will sup with us. We can't repent if there is noone to receive our sins and blot them out, can we? Who would want to live their life forever thinking it's all a de'javu?? What a terrible reality.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I've thought of this as well.

If it is the case in a few thousands of years, 'man' may be debating how logs and pulleys were used to build the great towers (skyscrapers) in which they lived centuries before.

If a cataclysmic event occurred and wiped out 99% of the population as well as that 99%'s technology and knowledge, then the remnants would have to build a new civilization out of the ruins and what the survivors knew as fact and history would, over the generations, become myth and legend.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I don't think the world has ended "x" number of times but perhaps you are referring to eras.

I mean if you think about it, there is some truth to astrology but not the kind you get from newspapers or tabloid horoscopes, I'm talking about true astrology that no man has been able to crack.

Case in point, Old Testament was an era that can be analagous to the sign Aries because you read about everybody sacrificing goats and stuff.

Next you get a period of Christianity which can be best described by its own symbol of the fish, Pisces, fisher of Men.

We may now be on the verge of a new era, the dawning of the age of Aquarius, aka the age of increased knowledge, as evident by our existing technology.

Maybe this is what 2012 has in store for us...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Oh sorry.
But not a good idea to dwell on all the possiblities of how we can be anihilated. Gets in the way of life.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I have similar beliefs based on my own gut feelings. I think it all keeps happening over and over. The whole thing is cyclical big bang until the end of time and it just starts over. I have no basis for this other than I just feel like its right. I also believe we are all just energy and that we create our own reality and this has something to do with it as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I believe we go on and on. I beieve science we know today agrees with me. You can't destroy matter. Burn a piece of paper and the ashes remain. Could that carbon from that burned piece of paper become a new life form? I don't know. But I ponder these things. But in the end I believe we are a thought. And when that thought stops, we cease to exist. Maybe we come back in the next thought though as some other new physics.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I'm really glad to see that some others here understand what I was saying. It is such a hard concept to try to explain to someone without coming off all crazy.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

We are all coming off crazy to SOMEONE.
Every single living soul on the planet.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I read a story a long time ago I dont remember the name or anything I only remeber part of it. Almost all life had been wiped out from nuclear holocaust. What little did survive mutated into new species. This lizard guy found the ancient remains of a superman comic. Not knowing what it really was he thought it was a holy text and so worshiped superman as a god because he thought this was who the ancients worshipped.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

What you are contemplating did happen and is recorded in the Bible. There was an age before our present age just as there will be another age, the 3rd, at the end of this one...when Christ comes at His 2nd Advent.

The first age was the age of the dinosaurs and is, as science tells us, billions of years old. That was the time of the rebellion of Satan. The time reference is between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2....an undiscolosed number of years.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2.And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

"In the beginning God created"...it didn't state when the beginning was. In the 2nd verse it tells us that the earth "became" without form. The word "was" was mistranslated and should be became.

There are many scriptures that refer to this time....if you are interested please let me know. Either way....there was an age before our present one and there were cities and nations in that age...as written in the Bible.

.......Whirlwind

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I believe you may be right. A lot of people are scared of what will happen in 2012, so maybe that is the push humanity needs to get into the next point of our existance. Another idea is that those crystal skulls people are talking about could be what gives us knowledge... or destroys that which we already have (Indiana jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull).

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I have always believed that the world and the whole universe were far far older than any one thought. It is stated that the universe i between 13.5 and 15 billion years old. I think it is as much as a hundred times that and then some. It is said that over 90% of the universe is "missing". I think it is there but so far away can can not find it. I am starting to think that most of not all our time scales are off. Who knows time may not even flow at the same speed though the universe. So yes to your question. This could be EARTH version 10.0 for all we know. It would help explain a few things like how the ancients had tech ahead of there time and gaps in history and so forth.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
hi im just wondering wether the storyline on assassins creed is partly true not about the assassins or templars even though i would like to now if they do exist but wether people did come before us billian and billians of yours ago and had very very advanced technologyit kinda links in wit your theory and i also feel that your theory is true because somwere in the world there will be facts about this or mayby somthing different

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
3 times I think.

1; Like some have said, the world was without form from the start, this could mean he God started again over a previous history.

2; we have Noah's flood that covered the earth.

3; we have the end times where God sees it happen already in his mind.

Or the end is the start and we have a choice to put somethings right through act of faith and make the world be reborn.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join