It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many times has the world ended?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
You may read the title of this and wonder what the heck I mean.... but I mean just what it asks... I have this theory and it isn't backed by fact or sources or research only by my own mind and gut feelings.

I keep thinking, what if this has happened before.... kind of like one big deja vu.

the world is born... we evolve...... we kill ourselves off.. cycle restarts.....

Maybe thats why there are so many discrepancies in religion and science ect. I mean every religion thinks they are "the one" well maybe they are.. or rather WERE at one point in time. What if those hieroglyphics in the caves that are from ancient civilizations are more ancient than we realize?

Maybe what happened to the dinosouars 65 billion years ago or whenever it was... happened 65 billion yers before that and at that time there were civilizations more advanced than even us?? but then "the world ended" at least for them.... fast forward 65 billion .. dinosaurs.. fast forward another 65 billion.. here we are... on the edge again.. and trying to make sense of things evenm ore ancient than we can ever comprehend?

Maybe life and time and space is nothing more than one big repeating cycle.....

I am crazy?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
My question was, how many times has the universe ended, and I came to the conclusion "infinitely".

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This got me thinking could Earth be the proving ground and each species get a certain time period (trial) to prove themselves.
Like at work I was given a 13 week trail to prove that i would work hard and would be an asset to the company. Say the 65 billion years ,or how ever long, is our trial.
And maybe it's nearly at an end.
Its almost as though the human race should be leaving home we're exhausting natural resources and maybe need to go and fend for ourselves. Start our own family so to speak.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by MilkMan]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Well what exactly do you mean by "the world"?
Given enough time there will not be a place called Earth.
It's inevitable.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
maybe a better choice of words would be..... civilization... LIFE.....TIME

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Who are we to know?
We have been here a limited time.
And are limited creatures at our very core.
Sure we may have a bedrock based in something not limited.
But the bedrock is well very well hidden.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

To further this line of thought, I'd like to know what he meant by "ended"

I think the two of us should only use our powers of frustration for good - evil is already too strong!

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant

Who are we to know?
We have been here a limited time.
And are limited creatures at our very core.
Sure we may have a bedrock based in something not limited.
But the bedrock is well very well hidden.

people just seem so obsessed with it... "the end of the world" I sometimes wonder if we should really worry so much cause it seems to me that it never REALLY ends...

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

LoL!
I simply try to get people to think, to see the otherside of their arguments?
Be damned if I know if I'm right I am after all admitedly limited.

But I must agree it seems I am an "agent of frustration" at times without really meaning to.

Exactly.

"The End of the World" BS is (I think) a finite creature that only really understands finiteness so applies it to everything.
That being said, no I am not an atheist. I believe in a soul and from there on in my views get well wierd to some I guess.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
can't be much wierder than me... a person who believes in God, believes in Jesus yet doubts many things in the bible and at the same time I believe in past lives and ghosts and evil spirits and ufo's and possible aliens.. I mean if god made us why couldn't he make others too right?... my beliefs are so mixed in all the religions that I even confuse myself!! LOL

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by WraothAscendant

To further this line of thought, I'd like to know what he meant by "ended"

I think the two of us should only use our powers of frustration for good - evil is already too strong!

first of all.. SHE please... LOL

ended, god thats kinda hard to explain, I guess it could mean death, the end of civilization as we know it... Exstinction of everyhting on the pl;anet but microbes??
I'm not really sure what I mean I guess I just spent awhile reading doom and gloom armagedon threads and now my mind is wandering to so many different possibilities...

[edit on 1/23/2008 by undiscoveredsoul]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Oh, well in that case, if it's ever happened, it happened once - back when some large object smashed into earth, melted hte crust, and knocked a glob into space to become the moon. IF there was life on earth prior to this event, likely the whole "having the atmosphere evaporated and the surface turned to nearly-plasmatic iron" would have done away with most of it.

Quite frankly, if your world's gotta end, I could think of worse ways to go than "utter and complete melting of the surface of the planet in under two seconds with vaporization of everything protecting you from outer space"... If nothing else, it's dramatic!

Now if you mean the end of civilization, again, you have to define civilization. "As we know it" will likely crumble once the oil wells start making empty-cup slurpy noises, resulting in Iceland and New Zealand becoming world superpowers due to energy independence and subsequent conquest of the world by the Aotearoans and their Bjorkian rivals. Oooo!

If you mean a total, catastrophic failure of civilization, it won't happen unless we as a species are reduced to such tiny numbers that anything more complex than hunter-gatherer or pastoral societies is counter-productive. This event is unlikely - last time we had a setback like that was back in the early days of our species when we could probably only be measured in a few million to begin with.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Still could happen, improbility is not impossiblity.
The mankind getting majorly knocked on his collective butts thing.

Others say it has happend before. I wasn't there so I won't bother arguing the point either way.

I like to apply my skeptism to EVERYTHING even myself.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

People's such as the Mayans,Aztecs and Incas believed that the world had died and been reborn many times.(there are others,but these are the ones that jump immediately to mind.)

Which is easy to understand when you think of how this planet is alive and works in continuous cycles.

When the last great ice caps started to recede the influx of water had a dramatic effect,but life continued.When they start to freeze,as no doubt they will,life will change dramatically once more.

Maybe this is why we have evidence of peoples with great skills and knowledge dating back 1000's and 1000's of years.(in some cases,millions of years.)

Nature takes its course;it destroys to re-create.
Knowledge is lost or forgotten,but slowly returns.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Kuskurza (meaning unknown), the Third World, unlike the Second World, had been born not out of fire, but out of ice. After it had been knocked off of its axis, the entire Earth had apparently become completely frozen. After a time, however, Sotuknang ordered the twins, Poqanghoya and Palongawhoya, back to their positions at the north and south poles, and the Earth began to thaw out again as its axis returned to its former station. As with the Second World, Sotuknang again set about rearranging the land and the oceans so that the previous world would not be remembered at all. He also created new mountains and rivers, and restored the plant and animal life. Once everything was complete and ready for the chosen people to inhabit, Sotuknang once again stamped on the door of the Ant kiva and called the people out. He then made it clear to them that if they wished to avoid another such catastrophe, they would have to perenially sing praises to the Creator from the tops of the hills — and if they ever did stop singing, he would know that they had returned once again to wickedness and the world would once again be destroyed.

Though the Second World became corrupt much more quickly than the First World had, the Third World accelerated towards decline even more rapidly than the second had. Not content with simple villages, the peoples of the Third World had built vast, glittering cities of light that were highly centralized. This was not in conformity with the plans of Taiowa the Creator, who had intended man from the beginning to spread out and live close to the land, which man had indeed originally done in the First World, and had done to a limited extent in the second. In addition, the peoples of the Third World used their sexual powers not for reproduction, but for recreation, making sexual sport with each other to the point where a great prostitute was able to boast about how many men she was able to wrap around her finger. This material girl of the ancient world led mankind down the path of destruction, towards a terrific imbalance that led to a terrible world war.

In the First World they had lived simply with the animals. In the Second World they had developed handicrafts, homes, and villages. Now in the Third World they multiplied in such numbers and advanced so rapidly that they created big cities, countries, a whole civilization. This made it difficult for them to conform to the plan of Creation and to sing praises to Taiowa and Sotuknang. More and more of them became wholly occupied with their own earthly plans.

That last bit about cities of lights was the last world, the antedeluvian world(pre-flood). We are in the 4th world now.

Read more HERE about the 4th present world and more.

[

[edit on 24-1-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
We as a civilization have evolved to the farest extent man-kind has ever reached (according to history)

this is huge considering that in the last 50 years- technology really started booming with computers and such.

If this is a cycle continuing, then the idea of past lives and reincarnation could as well be true.

although there is no proof to back it up (how could you?)

we are at humanity's peak and funny enough...their lowest point (war, famine, corruption, greed, addiction)

[edit on 24-1-2008 by dj05544]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
No, you're not alone in pondering this idea. I've often wondered such things. What proof would we have if an extinction-level-event were to take place on such a magnitude that it destroyed all evidence of civilization, etc?

And another contemporary mind that expresses the same idea, from a God's point of view, possibly explaining that sense of deja-vu you refer to:

…if I was God, I’d plug up all the volcano’s and let this MF blow,
and then re-write the timeline so that it never happens though.
I’d do it again, and again, and again, and again, every time I needed to express my anger within…
- Violent J, ICP 07'

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Ecclesiastes hints at this as well when it says "there is nothing new unuder the sun"

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

Where is your external source for these snippets?

[edit on 24-1-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Anyone ever seen the film K-PAX or read the book? From what I can remember Kevin Spacey plays an alien (or is he?) and he says that the universe expands and collapses over and over and that it is common knowledge to his 'race'. He says that you have to live your life well because you will relive the same mistakes over and over again. The film explained it much better than I just have but it got me thinking, it would defiantly help to explain a few things like de-ja-vu but I'd like to think that if this were the case we would be free to change what decisions we make in each new cycle not just re-live the same life over again. But I have had this feeling like yours for years, so maybe there's something in it? I believe in a 'group' conciseness, it's hard to explain, but if different people all over the world have the same feeling about something then I think it means something...... Also I suppose quantum theory might be able to explain this through super-positioning or similar.

I'll stop now coz I could go on all night!

Great thread!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join