It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would this scenario have any religious significance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
So alot of us have read about this meteor, that 3 to 4 months ago was unknown, that is coming really close to the Earth and Mars. Lead Experts say Mars has a 1 in 20 chance of being hit. Also, the place where this 1 in 20 shot may happen at on the planet's surface just so happens to be within proximity of the Rover, but not close enough to destroy it. However, it would be close enough to SEE as if we were there, via video link back to the Earth from the Cameras on the Rover. My Mother's Husband is an Aerospace Engineer who works for the Government on local military projects such as; designing more intelligent heads up displays for the Apache attack helicopters, and working on fully autonomous flying craft with no human in it, controlled from a remote distance. These are the things in his "building" or work center, which is on a local military (Army) base.

I was talking to him about the meteor, and thats where I got the info that if it does hit Mars, it may hit in a spot that will allow us to watch the entire event, including impact and plume of dust/smoke rising, from the rover cameras. This would then be fed back to the people of the Earth on the News that evening, and spread all over the Internet.

My question for you religious types out there, specifically Christians, is this. We all have read the Book of Revelation, some of us have read it numerous times, and we are familiar with most things written in it. One of these things, an event, called the "Final Warning", is quite vague in its prophetic description. It simply says something in the text like, "the whole world will be silent as they witness the final warning" or some such. Bad biblical impersonation, but yes there is definitely a "final warning" event BEFORE Armageddon, before the cow pies really hit the fan, before the Beast prophecies come to fruition, before the so-called rapture if you believe in that, and before the second return of Yeshua Moshiach. So then, do you think if this meteor WD5 does hit Mars, and we do get brilliant imagery from our rover on the surface there, to see what an impact is like, that this would be a "Final Warning" worthy event? Essentially one of those, "this is whats going to happen to you if you do not stop", using Mars as an example, being that its devoid of intelligent life.

It's just been running thru my head lately, that the final warning is coming soon, as something to do with this meteor, and im curious to see what happens. I also wanted to discuss this prophetically with Christians to get their viewpoint. Just how significant would that event be to you, and how would it fit into end time scripture as you interpret it?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
You'll have to find the verse so I can examine the context. I have not heard this "final warning" in Revelation.

We are told there will be "terrors in the heavens" that will cause human hearts to fail and people to faint as well as signs in the heavenly bodies. We also know that a meteor will strike us. [And the peanut gallery says, "Shut up Ashley! Your Bible isn't an authority to anyone else but Christians!"] Anyways, we know a meteor will strike earth. Also, a "mountain" is seen going into the sea and killing massive amounts of people and causing tidal waves and earthquakes.

In Matthew 24 (This might be what you are thinking of) Jesus, in His Olivet Discourse, gives the warning signs that will precede the tribulation and compares them to "birth pangs." Then the tribulation (hard labor) will begin. Those birth pangs are the "final warnings."

No idea if the meteor heading for Mars has any significance, though.

[edit on 1/23/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
See, im lazy and Ashley keeps me on my toes because I didn't link to any further reading material, pictures, or references! or sources?

Originally posted by AshleyD
Anyways, we know a meteor will strike earth... possibly twice. A "mountain" is seen going into the sea and killing massive amounts of people and causing tidal waves and earthquakes.

One alternative take on this one is that the Mountain Volcano on the isle of La Palma will fall into the Atlantic when it does erupt, destroying the U.S. East Coast as well as the Bahamas, and so forth. Scientist say it is slowly moving into the sea, and an eruption would cause it to "fall in".

La Palma Tsunami is a matter of the future

Now I will look through Revelation for the Final Warning.

*rereads the entire book of Revelation just for AshleyD*

darn, this translation had no final warning. So, like anyone else would do, I went to the true source of knowledge, and googled it lol. And came upon this when I realize that we were just dealing with a translation matter here from language to language, or edition to edition I should say:

"...And cried with a loud voice." Revelation 10:3. "Loud voice", loud cry, latter rain, final warning, are all the same. Many places in Scripture where the latter rain is mentioned, like Ezekiel 37, Zechariah 10:1, and so forth, now it is described here in Revelation 10, adding more vital instruction. Revelation 11 verses 2 and 3 tell of the length of this time period.

In verse 3 of chapter 10, the seven thunders are mentioned. Then in verse 4, John "heard" and understood exactly the words of those seven thunders. He was prepared to "write" it out for us to read, until heaven stopped him "saying seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not." Revelation 10:4.

External Source: The Final Warning

So it's Revelation 10:3. The Seven Thunders, which have been sealed since they were spoken, and may be the exact same bit that Daniel was commanded to be silenced on as well, in a strikingly similar manner so as to associate the two for the reader.

I wonder what those would be. Considering it's been sealed and never written ..

PS: I wonder how many fragment pieces that
Shoemaker Levy broke into that were of at least some relatively decent size to cause an impact we could see from Earth with telescopes as they went slamming into Jupiter a while back. Was there 7? Heheh. You know me, always reaching for another rope to tie into my messy excuse for a knot.

[edit on 1/23/2008 by runetang]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
One alternative take on this one is that the Mountain Volcano on the isle of La Palma will fall into the Atlantic when it does erupt, destroying the U.S. East Coast as well as the Bahamas, and so forth. Scientist say it is slowly moving into the sea, and an eruption would cause it to "fall in".

La Palma Tsunami is a matter of the future

hehehe This was on the history channel a few weeks ago and even mentioned the reference to Revelation. The interesting thing is, even secular scientists don't say "if" this mountain will crash into the sea or "if" a meteor will strike. Their question is "when." Us holy rollers believe this will happen during the tribulation:

"...something like a huge mountain all ablaze was thrown into the sea...and a great star blazing like a torch fell from the sky." Revelation 8:8,10.

Here we see a blazing mountain (the volcano on the west coast of Africa?) moving into the ocean and a blazing star (meteor?) striking the earth. Sounds like it to me.

"...And cried with a loud voice." Revelation 10:3. "Loud voice", loud cry, latter rain, final warning, are all the same... now it is described here in Revelation 10, adding more vital instruction. Revelation 11 verses 2 and 3 tell of the length of this time period.

The thing is, we'll already be in the tribulation at this point (and a good ways into it for that matter) so I'm not sure how it is the final warning. It is definitely a declaration but not so much as a final warning as there will be no escaping anything at this point.

So it's Revelation 10:3. The Seven Thunders, which have been sealed since they were spoken, and may be the exact same bit that Daniel was commanded to be silenced on as well, in a strikingly similar manner so as to associate the two for the reader.

I wonder what those would be. Considering it's been sealed and never written.

This has always been fascinating. There are three times in the Bible I can remember off the top of my head that mention words being sealed from us. My personal opinion is so Satan will not know in advance and cannot thwart them.

Still, as to the meteor approaching Mars, I do not know. Unless the meteor dislodges a piece of Mars that goes hurling towards us. Or if the meteor somehow misses Mars and comes towards us. No real opinion on my end.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
DISCLAIMER: This entire comment is speculation. Not to be taken literally or as Biblical doctrine by anyone. Just a possible scenario.

About the seven thunders: It is interesting these calamities are "sealed." The Bible tells us that some things are sealed from our knowledge for our own good. This is because if we know about it, Satan knows about it (like I told you before with Israel, Jerusalem, and temple, etc). Everything that we know is necessary for the end times is under attack currently in the world. Extremists are trying to wipe Israel off the map and disperse the Jews, international red tape is preventing the temple construction, etc.

So, since the seven thunders are sealed, we can try to put the puzzle pieces together by seeing what happens after the thunders. The demons are now loosed on the earth and allowed to wreak havoc with man, fully seen.

What are some saying these days? That the recent UFO activity is demonic activity. I'm not interested in discussing this with the peanut gallery but for everyone that knows what's up, they know it's a possibility. Anyone who knows the history of UFO activity knows it has been increasing as the end times approach. The major first sightings began in the late 1800's and many believe our end times started in 1897.

So, the deception is coming and coming soon. These aliens will not merely be creatures from another planet but demons in disguise. We are told terrors will come from the sky and that demonic spirits will destroy a massive fraction of people on the earth. Could these aliens be demons? Is this revelation sealed because if it had been more specific as to what it was about we would have been just as aware of the alien activity in the same way people are looking for the Antichrist? I guess we'll see. Keep your heads up and eyes wide open.

And just so no one thinks I'm completely insane and thought of this myself:

The Nepilim, Fallen Angels, and Alien Deception
Aliens as fallen angels: The return

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Wow AshleyD..

I can only imagine now that it is sealed information because, perhaps it is so foul though too .. so terrible, that they wont let the prophets write it. But if it is to thwart Satan that also makes sense. The fact that there are "beasts" on the Earth wreaking havoc, like the Locust things, after this part of the book, means that whatever it is, one event during it is the introduction of these beasts, as you said.

Wow .. that makes so much sense.

I always say "wow" when I read your posts!

[edit on 1/24/2008 by runetang]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'd say not.
Meteor impact is of course a given.
If you wait long enough, the solar system is after all not a tidy place.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
I can only imagine now that it is sealed information because...

I still remain a bit skeptical but it does make quite a bit of sense. There are definitely a few dozen allusions to beings not of this world making an appearance at the end times. The reason I think the prophets didn't come right out and say "aliens will invade earth in the end times but they will be demons instead of extraterrestrial beings" is this:

People would realize UFO's for what they are- demons. Just like everyone will be looking for the Antichrist and two witnesses, people would certainly have been looking for a UFO's. Because we are told there will be a massive deception in the end times (but never really told specifically what it is), it would not have made much sense to have told us what it is in advance. It would defeat the whole purpose of having a deception.

It really isn't too far fetched when you think about it. But what makes it even more scary is that Islam's prophecies mention something similar. The Mahdi (the Islamic Messiah, as you know) will battle these evil "beings." You know I believe the Mahdi and Antichrist are one and the same. People will believe he is good if he tries to defend against this "alien invasion" mentioned in both Christian and Islamic texts.

I finally got to discuss the Mahdi on ATS and learned just how similar the two really are. See: HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE. Some tried to tell me how the Mahdi and Antichrist were not one and the same but the more they told me about their prophecies, the more obvious it became.

It seems deception will be the order of that age but Jesus warned us in advance: In this case, seeing isn't believing.

[edit on 1/24/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
While the reference to the Apocolypse (Rev. 10:3) does correlate, the idea of the Final Warning actually comes through most clearly in Roman Catholic prophecy and a couple of prophecies from the Orthodox East.

There are external elements involved with the Final Warning, but in the RC prophetic context the Final Warning is a supernatural moment when all living human beings experience self-revelation and see the way in which God sees them. For the saintly it will be a difficult but fulfilling experience. For true saints and many small children, they will simply fall into deep sleep. For the less than saintly, it will be a hellfire of an experience.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
There are external elements involved with the Final Warning, but in the RC prophetic context the Final Warning is a supernatural moment when all living human beings experience self-revelation and see the way in which God sees them. For the saintly it will be a difficult but fulfilling experience. For true saints and many small children, they will simply fall into deep sleep. For the less than saintly, it will be a hellfire of an experience.

I apologize for taking so long to reply to what you said here. Got kinda buried and lately life has been extremely hectic, lol, like .. wee I may be going crazy, heh.

But anyways, I get what your saying about the Final Warning being the revealing of how God sees us, lol, and I laugh because the notion of how God sees us is so pitiful, that if you really think about it, it can make you feel extra low just for being a human being.

What I mean is, God has provided everything for us, mankind, and he created us out of his own emotion for a companion, to have something to occupy God, something worthy of God's creative power. In other words, worth your salt, literally. If we werent worth existing, if we were all that bad collectively as a species at this point, I think he would've already ended the entire thing. I say him to simplify, I know God is sexless.

We have everything we need, from the beginning, and what do we do with our lives, in this short "time" we have, in this creation, as magnificently strange and unexplainable as it is? We let the petty things get the best of us, we squabble and fight and hurt and kill each other over ideas, in the millions and millions, tens of millions. In 1400 A.D., there was approximately half a billion human beings. Now there is 5 billion and some? And growing exponentially, meaning the more of us there as, the faster we increase in number?

And people are dying of hunger in the thousands RIGHT NOW? Heh, well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but allow me to say it once for all of humanity to hear it: We are screwed, and we are going to be held account collectively, because if the good people fail to stop the evil people, they themselves have failed in their quest on earth, the very REASON they were created. You see, so if you even though we might not be literally and directly responsible on a personal level for the world's woes, overall, in the end .. we kind of will be judged collectively.

Well, I can only hope that as in the days of Lot, in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah, those foul cities, God will seek out his few honest, devout worshippers and workers of his goodness, to spare us from the hellish torment that mankind has really kind of earned for itself over the past few millenia. Look at history, bloodshed, more bloodshed, maniacal men, then bombs, etc.

[edit on 1/25/2008 by runetang]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Isnt revelations metaphorical? I thought in the very beginning of the book where it says it was signed unto him meant it was metaphorical. In mathew 23or is it 24 when the disciples ask jesus what it will be like in the end he tells them. Those things that he spoke of can be applied to fit any modern era. 50 years ago they could have said hey theres talk of wars and so on like it says in mathew so this must be the end but here we are 50 years later. So if it is metaphorical using vague imagery isnt it possible to apply it to match just about any situation? It seems like everytime there is a comet or meteor people start quoteing revelations. For the record I am not stating my own beliefs I am simply asking.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
At the same time that this asteroid is going to Mars asteroid 2007 TU24 will be coming to Earth. It is said that if it is negatively charged coming in, when it hits the Earth's magnetosphere, a lot of strange events will take place. It will cause a lot of electrmagnetic distubances, and that will mean possible extreme weather events, not to mention earthquakes, etc. If it actually enetrs the atmoshpere, the explosion will be up to 20 or 30 times the explosive force of the 1908 russia asteroid event.

tu24.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Very interesting topic, so much info that it's difficult to address in detail. I had a fleeting thought about this asteroid as possibly being the beginning of the Trumpets sounding. Notice how nearly all the Trumpets pertain to the Heavens-something happening there which affects the earth.

I do not like to speculate or let my imagination run too much when trying to understand the book of Revelation, so I'll just say this; the angels were punished severely for leaving their first estate, so I'm certain man too will be punished for leaving his first estate. Nowhere does Yahweh ever give man authority over the heavens. He does say Heaven is His throne and the earth His footstool. And we all know that throne means "authority" Yahwehs Authority. I pray hard for the people who go "up there" that they will come to their senses and repent of the works of their hands. Science is full of abominations. Sounds a bit like Babylon when I think of how Yahweh says "her sins have reached unto the heavens" as science literally has reached unto the heavens. Anyway, I think best not to pay too much attention to what they say regarding asteroids and such because for all I know Yahweh has them in a strong delusion that they may believe a lie because they rejected the truth that they might be saved (2 Thess 2:11)

In fact if you read that entire chapter and think of "science/technology" it fit's with "that man of sin".

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SoLaR513

Revelations was written in a style known in antiquity as "Apocalyptic Literature." It is very confusing to those who don't know Biblical symbolism but becomes easier once you get a hang of it. If this helps, here is an article by a man who explains Revelation as if it was written in our day and in easy to understand English. There are more in depth studies, of course, but he does a good job. He jumps right into it in the form of John (the author of Revelation) talking to us from the Island of Patmos:

The Book of Revelation for Beginners.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Heya Ashley and Eli,

from your source, Ashley, I take this piece.

I looked up and saw seven angels standing before God. Each was given a long trumpet, the kind a herald would use on earth to announce the arrival of an important dignitary or event. And another angel appeared with a golden censor filled with incense representing the prayers of all the saints that he placed on the golden altar before the Throne. As the smoke from the incense rose up before God, the angel used the censer to scoop up the fire from the altar and hurl it down upon the Earth. Immediately there was thunder, lightning, and another earthquake. More judgments were coming, worse than the ones just past.

So the final warning is also 30 minutes of silence across the globe. Practically speaking, I wonder how this could happen, what sort of event would need to take place to cause no one to be able to hear anything. I know blasts came you to temporarily lose hearing. perhaps something hellishly loud is going to occur? Lol..

The scooping of the fire from the altar down onto the Earth is so totally a meteor impact, or a meteor breaks apart coming in, or, the stretch which is if that one comet / asteroid comes in negatively charged like that person said before. I wonder if an event like this could make humans unable to hear. No, wait, I've got it!

Here it is:

I personally feel this is divine provdence but whatever. Its not meant SO literally that every single man will be unable to produce noise, but rather, an electromagnetic issue, massive like cometary, wreaks havok on the entire globe for appeox 30 mins as it passes. In fact, NASA would come out and say, now dont worry, on thiis date and this time most or all electronic devides and communication devices may temporarily shut down. If they are on at the time of incident, it will cause damage. Please make sure to not panic, as all should be fine after 30 mins, the passing.

And so you see, all the world becomes silent, justl ikethat. No radios, televisions, internet, computers, cellphones, most line phones, everything. Even the military would be in some kind of emergency state because theyd lose their electronics too.

So the way Im seeing the possibly, potentially, hypothetical situation unfolding would be as follows. Tu24 comet/asteroid comes close by with a negative charge or whatever that theory is,

Can the worlds people be drawn away, collectively, from these uses of enterainment and commodity through electricity, for 30 mins? It's never happened in the history of mankind, so when it does you know you have been finally warned, lol.

[edit on 1/26/2008 by runetang]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Very ironic and interesting runetang that I just wrote something in another topic that was along the same lines as what you last wrote here. I also thought of the places where Yahshua talks about "the hour of temptation that is coming upon all the world to test them" think about the people for a moment, even you and me and how we depend upon technology for our every day life to go "accordingly" now think of a prophetic hour without it all, no electricity, no communication all over the globe. Remember that a prophetic hour could be, well, a long time. Could that be the time when "the antichrist" appears on the scene to calm the masses, globally? And unite the people. Remember that the enemy has been working for 2000 years or more for the climax- and he only has "but a short time" in that final showdown. Anyway, just a thought.

What I would like to say in summary is this; the enemy has been working with ways to deceive whoever he can, for a long time. He even plants his fortress between the sea (heavenly sea?) and the holy mountain, he exalts himself above the stars, he sits in the temple claiming to be God, he uses "lying signs and wonders" because when Satan was cast out, he was rendered powerless, so he can only use things that "seem" to be miracles etc..

It's like this, if someone gives you all kinds of trinkets and goods, and then blackmails you for it later. Someone has been feeding mankind with technological knowledge! That's why Yahshua says "store up your treasures in Heaven, for where your treasure is, is also where your heart is" So keep a "narrow" eye on science because, not all of what is said is true, for he even has such lies and wonders that he might even deceive the very elect if it were possible!!! Also, when in doubt, go to the Word. Yahshua says that when He returns it will be like the days of Noah (prior to the flood they were eating and drinking) that tells me one thing, that prior to His return, there won't be any astroid, but possibly a lie that one is coming or has come. Hmmm.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
it's just a guess but the 'final warning' might be one of two events

1. it might be when: the Angel, flying in mid-heaven warns the world of the approaching three Woes about to befall mankind. (Rev 8:13)

or

2. i almost recall from catechism classes: the 'final warning' or the
'clue' to the beginning of the judgements & wrath of god is the event
called the 'Three Days of Darkness' ... i think

ADD: yes, i was right....www.catholicplanet.com...
Scroll to page bottom, at section 8. The Fifth Bowl of God's Wrath in the book of Revelation

the 'three days of darkness' are anticipated in around 2039-2040

[edit on 26-1-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
That is interesting St Udio,

but any group that can say they are elect enough to prophesize the date in which God would give his final warning, to the exact year within the margin of error, cannot be too .. down to earth with their ideals when it comes to the truths of the bible, that this kind of thing doesn't get prophesized in this direct blatant manner, no prophet from the Torah gives you the exact year that the event takes place, hundreds/thousands of years after its writing.

So I wouldnt worry so much about the date, but rather to just know that whenever the date may be, it will likely be in most of our lifetimes, and so we have from now until an undisclosed amount of time to get our souls in order if we have yet to do so, because one day in our lifetimes there will come a time where raw faith or spiritual based willpower to resist blatant temptation that is just SOOOOO inviting like a drug for an addict who has none. This is the test of man, trial by fire baby, only the pure comes out on the other end, pure, shiney and sharp baby. But if swords could speak, they'd tell you that being repeatedly thrown into the furnace was absolutely horrible and that they never hope to be melted down again, lol.

Your probably going to stop for a second after that paragraph and say, "Huh?", dont worry, thats a normal reaction.

Edit: oh fine ill make it easy for yall. God told me to lolz. What that means is, even the spirits of those who have died and are currently with the Lord OR in a state of temporary perpetual sleep until the 1st/2nd resurrections, they still would never want to go back through the process of life on Earth as a human again, from birth or any other age, after experiencing true existence with the Lord.

I guess this is why the two witnesses come onto the scene with a vengeance, like .. bam .. its time for the world to pay! you know?

[edit on 1/26/2008 by runetang]

new topics

top topics

join