It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The French Releasing Their X-Files - Not a Big Deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
When I first got into UFO sightings, one thing that really pushed me towards being a believer was the fact that the French government released their UFO files (The COMETA report) and admitted that aliens were the most likely explanation for a few cases.

I thought, wow, other governments admitting that there are UFOs! That must mean they're real! That was until I met a girl from France and asked her about what it must have been like to live in a country that announced to their people that aliens were out there.

Boy was I ever (pardon me for the following joke) brought back down to earth. First of all, she didn't even know what I was talking about. I had to explain to her that her government released their "X-Files" for the public to see. She still seemed confused but went back to her French friends to ask them about it. What she told me was that the government didn't look into UFOs at all. It was a completely seperate entity of "old farts" who were doing an independent investigation. Afterwards, they *showed* their results to the French government - who were neither here nor there about them. Probably most upsetting, is that most of the French people laughed when the reports came out, equating it to "a bunch of crazy old men with too much time on their hands".

So my question is to anybody out there who's French that may be able to give me a different point of view on this. Is that how it really was? Or is this just the way this particular girl and her friends saw it?

I have also heard that the Chinese have released their UFO files. But since I don't read Chinese, I don't know anything about what they have to say. Anyone else care to share where I can read up more on the Chinese disclosure?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
LMAO.

Your french friend doesn't know what the he** she's talking about.

I've read the COMETA report, and the credentials of the people involved are IMPECCABLE.

There are airforce colonels and GENERALS submitting reports and conclusions, as well as the head of France's astronomy program.

I would advise everyone to try and recieve a translated copy of the report.

The biggest reason it didn't make huge noise world wide is due to translation limitations IMO. Its signifigance and the people involved is HUGE.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yeah but from what I understand all these people were retired, right? None of them were actually working inside the gov't at the time. That to me is hardly a government disclosure.

I guess more concerning to me is that the average French person doesn't know about it. From a U.S. perspective, it was implied that this was big news. But if it didn't even make a rumble inside France (to a 28 year old woman who is very up on current events), that's kind of sad. I thought at the very least it would be a big deal there. It appears that we're more interested in it than they are.

join