It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who care are lying and playing roles? Cassopi..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Truth, if your purpose is to convince us of something, it worked. You convince me that some people's mental blocks are impossible to get through

Oh and Deep, when someone seeks truth, he'll find a way to find it. Trying to convince or teach someone if he's not asking for it, is really pointless, even though we're both "trying". Truth is on his own path, we are on our paths, and we all learn at our own pace.

We're obviously at really different places in our learning cycle, so unless we want to learn from each other, trying to convince each other of something seems rather futile

So I'm just going to leave it at that, and let Truth come to his own conclusions, and discover that which he seeks most, be it Jesus, God, Love, or peace on Earth. Whatever it is

Just hope he's not too shocked when he does find it, and it somehow turns out to be not what he thought it was! I'm not saying it'll be this way, but I suggest you be ready for anything... life throws curveballs all the time

Gnite guys!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Amen to that Lilblam.

In my search for the " Truth " I have dealt with many daunting and repressed truths in my self. Im learning as fast as I can ( before 2012
)

Deep

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Hello, I haven't been involved with the conversation that has been occurring, but I was wondering about your definition as a role being something that you are not. (i think Truth said it as that)

I have always thought of a role as a part you have played, not something you have pretended to do. If you did pretend, well that's what your part was. Actors don't pretend to feel anything, but I see them reaching from a corner in their hearts and bringing it to show.

As for movies and films, there is indeed plenty to gather from these works of expression. If there is nothing to gather from what was there, then indeed there is plenty from what was not.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
truth, i'll tell you, as a guy who believes in christ, despite overwhelming evidence that the myth of christ is whacked so out of recognition that even mary doesn't see her own son in it......
jesus is good. the FEELING, that is, the emotional truth of christ(or buddha, or any other avatar of truth) is written in your heart.
what is not written there, is the nature of reality. there are more things on heaven and earth....
god's multiverse is not simple.
there are no easy answers.
only more questions.
liblam claims no omnicient knowledge.
nor deep.
nor THENEO.
god gave us a brain and two feet and hands and eyes and such.
if all the answers we needed on our journey were in a book, we wouldn't need all these other faculties.
the box of which they speak(well, one of the boxes, anyway), is the box built by constantine, and nero, and a string of evil popes, who controlled 'the gospel' for the last 1700 yrs. or so.
that's a long time.
even the official 911 story has no truth in it, and it's only a year and a half old. AND we had thousands of objective mechanical recording devices pointed at it. you should understand the power of media. you should understand that the bible is media.
in this day and age of 'enlightenment', 'technology', 'modern life', 'emancipation', and a bunch of other crap terms we've labelled ourselves with to make us feel less like the BEASTS we are.
the only thing unbeastly about us, is our non physical aspect.
if we think that saving a dying man is doing him a favor, then we must think lowly of heaven, or god's wisdom. we must have no faith in the afterlife's bliss.
life is a chance to learn. death is a chance to be free of evil.
or is it?
as above, so below.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
Oh and this new movie coming out called "The Passion of Christ" is now being used to spread Christianity to all the "unsaved" people around the world. Gotta love that

It's interesting, if Christians ever found out that Jesus never died on a cross, and was never crucified (as they have no evidence towards their beliefs anyway), what would they say? Would it be something along the lines of "oops"?

Off topic, but this post made me think of it:

I see all this debate about historical events, such as The Crucifixion. It makes me think, there is no way for anyone alive right now to know these things which happened so far back in the past.

No one alive now can ever know for sure the truth.

One group has a book which says it happened.

One group has evidence that it didn't.

We , the people, are essentially forced to choose what we believe. It is called faith, whichever way we decide.

Based on our hearts and our knowledge we believe one way or the other and label the opposite and its' believers "wrong".

I understand why Lilblam says belief is wrong, and it amuses me that it's connected with Truth's word "selfish". (synchronicity)

Belief is selfish.
To make a choice based on faith is to assume the position of correctness without 'proof'.
Thus, you are suddenly labelling certain people as 'wrong' with the possibility of mistake on your part.
To carelessly discount another's belief is to place more value on your 'educated guess' than on others' 'educated guesses'.
Which is placing yourself before others.
Which is selfish.

Of course this thought doesnt disclude itself.
This thought is selfish, also. It is just my belief.

Unless it's true.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango
To make a choice based on faith is to assume the position of correctness without 'proof'.
Thus, you are suddenly labelling certain people as 'wrong' with the possibility of mistake on your part.
To carelessly discount another's belief is to place more value on your 'educated guess' than on others' 'educated guesses'.
Which is placing yourself before others.
Which is selfish.

Of course this thought doesnt disclude itself.
This thought is selfish, also. It is just my belief.

Unless it's true.

eloquently stated.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Im not trying to convince anybody, because this exist in all of you.

" nobody tells me how to be moral "

Zerodeep, exactly, which is why this care exist in you and nobody told you to do this, or program you to act like this, and you surely are not playing a role we you buy a poor man a coffie.

thats the whole point here. caring is not arole playing game for everybody.

peace.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Billybob,

hey I almost know everything, well not really.

I'm still stuck on the 'why' of it all but in due time.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join