It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Come on TheVagabond!!!!

We would love to have you....

Semper

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I second that....!!

This is not a one line post...

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
A bonsai tree it is then...

a bonsai tree can still poke out an eye or two!

This is trash talk, not to be confused with a one liner.

[edit on 18-2-2008 by grimreaper797]

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

Maybe if you're debating a Hamster!

Though I don't doubt that I have the potential for taking a lot of scars this time around....especially for all of this talking....I may have to tone down and concentrate on what the silent people are doing in their repective debates....Some very good openings....

The Vagabond....Are you going to open a Debate Commentary Thread or shall we continue using this one?

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If there's an opening, I'll jump in.

semper and I had a good one a few weeks ago, so I'd like to throw down again if possible. I'm assuming that this has been opened to staff.

Either way,

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
If we can loosen the time restrictions I'm in. Very busy here right now. LOTS of irons in the fire. Might take more than 24 hours to post. If not, OK, I'll watch.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
If there is still room, I would like to join. It all depends on the topic of course

I do not want to take anyone's place so if there's one/two spaces left let intrepid and chissler in.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I am very interested in being part of the debates.

If this particular field has already been chosen, I'll hope for a chance on the next series.

Becker

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
If there is still room, I would like to join. It all depends on the topic of course

I do not want to take anyone's place so if there's one/two spaces left let intrepid and chissler in.

In a debate tournament the topics are always completely random and you must argue the side assigned to you. You may be assigned global warming and you have to argue for it your opponent against it. It doesn't matter if you are good or bad at the topic or the side you are arguing, its what ya get.

Just so you get how this works. I could get a topic I like, but be on the wrong end of the argument. (I dont want to give the mods of the tourney any ideas at my weak points lol. End up getting that side of the argument to "challange" me)

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
We are starting to get some legs here in the first round!! Fabulous debates!! Keep them coming!!

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Whata say....give me a shot

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
At what point does a person automatically loose a tournament? I have to admit, arguing by yourself is kind of... dull.

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I would love to take a stab at debating. But what if the debaters agree on the topic?!

If it's not too late

posted on Feb, 22 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Stay tuned....we may have a couple of spots open in debates that haven't gotten off the ground yet....

The Vagabond....Where are you?

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cryingindian
I would love to take a stab at debating. But what if the debaters agree on the topic?!

This part is easy. You are assigned sides in a debate (pro, con) in addition to the topic. You can argue a side even if you don't agree with it, so your statement isn't relevant to a debate contest.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What's happening with my debate? My opponent has failed to respond in a few days, and I'd like to move forward with my response.. but his reply has yet to be forfeited.

No rush, just wanted to shed some light on it.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
According to The Vagabond's profile page, he hasn't logged in since Feb. 19, hope all is well, but it may be a hurry up and wait situation. Hope everything is alright.

Unless I'm mistaken in round 1, one debate is finished, one debate is one post away from being finished, and the others all seem to be in limbo, whats the deal people? you gonna sign up for this thing, then not participate?? This is uncool

Win or lose this is alot of fun. I feel for those that are being left hangin!

We need more alternate debaters and The Vagabond might need more help.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I've sent my opponent a u2u immediately after posting my reply. The u2u has still not been read, so I'm left to assume that he has not been around in awhile and see no reason why I would expect a speedy return. I'm going to move ahead and submit my next post given it's been days. If my opponent forfeits his next reply, I think we'd be looking at a forfeiture.

That won't be for another day or two though, so hopefully Vagabond has made it back by then.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hmm It's rather odd, given the time constraints to this tourny you would think that more than one moderator *cough* Chissler *cough* could help with some of the workload.

I don't know what moderators could perhaps help out with this *cough* WyrdeOne, *cough* *cough* kleverone, *cough* *cough* lombozo,*cough* *cough* Jbird *cough*

My my I must have something in my throat. Let me get a drink of water.

I would think that it would be rather difficult to oversee this many debates at one time. So perhaps delegating some authority would be pertinent here at this point in time.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm competing in the tournament, so I'm in no position to take any authority.

But I will chat with a few of our assigned staff members of the debate forum and see if they can jump in where need be. So as a small heads up to our competitors, if your opponent has failed to respond within the allocated time, make us aware of it in this thread. That'll alert it to our staff members and they can take the necessary action.

Good luck to everyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join