It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I would like to sign up. I don't know if I quality, but I think I might be able to make a few points. I will be out of town until Monday, but after that I can participate.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Bodrul has dropped out, and so has Budski, and so has NYK537.
GrimReaper797 is in, so is Coven, and so is Poet1b.
I have the first round match announcements.

1. semperfortis 14
2. Loki 11
3. MemoryShock 11
4. Argos 6
5. GrimReaper797
6. GAOTU789 5.
7. TruthWithin 4
8. Skyfloating 3
9. illusionsaregrander 3
10. FreeThinkerIdealist 2
11. TheDuckster 2
12. Sublime620 1
13. damajikninja 2
14. LDragonFire
15. dominusluciferi
16. TLomon
17. jitombe
18. thesaint
19. whatukno
20. Parabol
21. jpm1602
22. Animal
23. Coven
24. Poet1b

Illusionsaregrander will face Poet1b.
Topic: The dominant political parties in America are part of a conspiracy to limit truly democratic government.

FreeThinkerIdealist will face Coven.
Topic: Alien abductions are a real phenomenon.

The Duckster will face Animal.
Topic: Genetic engineering, at present, is too dangerous to be legal.

Sublime620 will face jmp1602.
Topic: A truly global economy will render national governments obsolete and bring about a single, financially-based, global power structure.

damajikninja will face Parabol.
Topic: Organized religion is inherently dangerous.

LDragonFire will face whatukno.
Topic: In the next 50 years, there is a serious risk that America might fall victim to a military coup.

DominusLuciferi will face thesaint.
Topic: Ghosts are real, and science will eventually be able to understand and accept their existence.

TLomon will face jitombe.
Topic: Global Warming is a significant threat to human kind.

Threads, links and U2Us coming soon.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Oooh, oooh,

Pick me, pick me!!

I wanna play...

[edit on 16-2-2008 by AnnunakiX]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Oh man, I missed it?

Bummer.

Second round draft picks anyone?

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AnnunakiX

With more attention and activity than normal, if The Vagabond has the time, and real life allows it, I am sure you will see debates more often

I am sure he will keep your name on the list with the others who had to sit out this time around

the more the merrier.

Vagabond, glad to see you
You had some of us worried. Hope you are doing ok.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
WOW...

Great Topics and some awesome members!!!!!

I am anxious to see how the newer members acquit themselves in battle as well....

LETS GET IT ON

Semper

[edit on 2/16/2008 by semperfortis]

[edit on 2/16/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
OH its on. Vagabond, one day we will have to have a debate since I never got to do battle with you in the finals. Until then I will have to settle for semper.

Memory and semper, I like you guys and all, so don't take it the wrong way when I have to plus your arguments apart limb by limb.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The Debates are in the debate forum now.

If your name is listed first, you have the first post. Find your debate in the list below.

First posts are due by the end of Sunday (we usually allow a little time for everyone to find their debates, that's why the first timeframe is more than 24 hours. If you post second you will also have a little grace on the timing of your first post.)

Read the topic and the rules carefully. There has been a small change to the rules on sources. Quotes from source material must not exceed 10 sentences per post, from all references combined. Although multiple pages from a single domain are still only 1 reference, there is a limit of 3 individual pages per reference now. The limit, as always, is 3 references for opening and closings and 5 for main body posts.

TRY HARD to post within 24 hours of your turn, and do your best to inform me when you cannot.

Good luck everyone.

Seeds 1-8, as you know, have a first round bye. Soon I will announce who everyone will face if they advance.

Round 1. Illusionsaregrander v Poet1b: Partisan Conspiracy

Round 1. FreeThinkerIdealist v Coven: Alien Abductions

Round 1. The Duckster v Animal: Genetic Engineering

Round 1. Sublime620 v jpm1602: Dollars Without Borders

Round 1. damajikninja v Parabol: Is Religion Dangerous?

Round 1. LDragonFire v Whatukno: One Nation, Under the Military

Round 1. DominusLuciferi v thesaint: Ghosts

Round 1. TLomon v jitombe: Global Warming

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
coven and poet1b, you have received fighter status. Everyone else should have already. Please check your profile to be sure the part that used to say member now says fighter (or fighter and something else) (mods, don't worry).

It also wouldnt hurt to post in the ranking thread first as a test, just to be safe.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerIdealist

Thanks for you concern. I juggle chainsaws for a living (figuratively speaking) so every once in a while I disappear for two or three days, sometimes for "interesting" reasons (read, "to handle stuff that really sucks") but I always seem to come out ahead.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Your concerns have been noted swish. Now do us all a favor and keep them to yourself from now on.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Excellent debates topics and I'm looking forward to seeing what the new breed of fighters have to offer! Good Luck to Everyone!

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Memory and semper, I like you guys and all, so don't take it the wrong way when I have to plus your arguments apart limb by limb.

'Plus' my arguement by minusing a limb? Hhmmm

Thanks for the warning...I'll use prosthetics...

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Unfortunate circumstances have forced thesaint to withdraw from this tournament. Let's wish him the best possible outcome and hope to see him in action in the future.

AnnunakiX will be debating in his stead.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

and THAT, my friends, is what happens if you try to write coherent trash talk at 4am in the morning. I don't think I can even think of an excuse of how PLUS even got into that post. Fact is though, I cant remember anything after 3am anyway.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

If I had a dime for every instance of delerious incoherence then I would be diving into a custom HOT tub in the Artic....because how many people can say they have done that...?

And here is a hint...we'll call this one free...*drops to a whisper*...

psst...you're supposed to defend the voracity of the statement made for trashtalking purposes, regardless of the mental fugue experienced at the time of posting....

Or in other words.....BRING IT!

By the way, in anticipation of a tourney meeting between us, I have already dressed up an oak tree to look like 'MemoryShock'....so you can have all the limbs you want...

Edit to add: I think 'Plus' was intended to be 'Pull'...just a guess...

[edit on 16-2-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Im only going to need one limb, and thats to beat you with it, come tourney time. There are no gloves for this one.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Just for everyone's info: If you haven't used the save draft feature before, this probably isn't the best time to start. There has been an issue with it, and I don't fully understand it because i never use it myself.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
AnnunakiX has informed me that he is not able to debate at the moment. We need another backup. We have an unfilled spot. I strongly suggest you all start u2uing all of your combative friends... or I might be tempted to hand off moderation to someone else and join lol (there is absolutely no danger of that happening, even though I would love to).

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

Im only going to need one limb, and thats to beat you with it, come tourney time. There are no gloves for this one.

A bonsai tree it is then...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join