It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I am a bit behind the world clock, as I live in Alaska. I will be making my post in debate with Animal this evening when I get off from work.

Just posting my timeframe...

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
If anyone drops before their match starts, I can be a substitute instead of giving out a first round Bye.

I had a rough patch before and needed some time away from ATS. Im back now though, and if somebody drops out before their first round debate, I would like to fill in. See if I can make it past the semi finals this time.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I'm definitely down for a debate. But I will ONLY debate two things. con 9-11 "truth movement" flaws... and pro decriminalization of drugs.

I will win... just let me know when your ready.

Coven

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

This sounds great......Please count me in....I would love to debate

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Merely an oversight TLomon, my appologies. I've been distracted for a few days by some unpleasantness in my family- nothing I particularly want to get into, but suffice it to say I've had a load on my mind.

Anyway I'm catching up on things I've missed now.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The latest rankings are still pending the results of Semperfortis v Chissler, which I still need 1 more judges decision on (I had expected results earlier).
I dropped the ball on a match between illusionsaregrander and whatukno that was scheduled before the cutoff, that one may still occur as a 3 round debate and if it does will affect ranking.

1. semperfortis 14
2. Loki 11
3. MemoryShock 11
4. Argos 6
5. GAOTU789 5.
6. TruthWithin 4
7. budski 4
8. Skyfloating 3
9. illusionsaregrander 3
10. NYK537 2
11. FreeThinkerIdealist 2
12. TheDuckster 2
13. bodrul 2
14. Sublime620 1
15. LDragonFire
16. dominusluciferi
17. TLomon
18. jitombe
19. thesaint
20. whatukno
21. Parabol
22. jpm1602
23. damajikninja (challenge match underway, may gain 2)
24. Animal (challenge match underway, may gain 2)

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Are we able to comment on our own debate threads once the final judgement is made? I felt it would seem more in context if my comments were on the thread they are related to.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I am still up for the challenge match with Illusionsaregrander if there is still time. I and apparently my opponent do not care what subject and what side we are on. Which makes it a classic ATS Kamikaze debate
I freaking love those debates.

but if it is too late then I guess that Ill have to wait my turn for my part in the tourny.

thats
too

Wukky

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
dagnabbit... I thought I was gonna get a chance... Just remember me next time you bring in some new debaters. I'm not saying I'm really stuck to just those two debate options... but the two options I stated earlier are definitely my strong point.

If at anytime you think you need a benchwarmer to step up and take a swing Lemme know.

Coven

P.s. Vagabond... I wish you the best of luck in resolving your recent personal issues. Let's just say your not the only one who has had some stuff go down in their personal life recently.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This is a tough decision for me as I have been waiting for a new tournament for months now, but I am going to withdraw from this debate tournament.

The ATS Presidential Elections are starting back up again, (fingers crossed it stays that way) and I will be re-entering the race. I don't feel as though I would be able to devote the amount of time necessary here when my attention is also focused on a campaign.

I hope this tournament goes smoothly and I'll definitely be watching. Perhaps next time I can participate in the debate tournament as ATS President nYk537!

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
*sticks hand up casually*
Hey...um...yeah, Im open to debate if its not too much a problem. Let me know Vagabond if somebody else wanted it before me.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So who is ready for the debate tournament tomorrow!!

Post with your thoughts, hopes, predictions, and all around bravado.....

Let's get this started!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well, I get a first round "BYE" I believe, but I have a challenge match brewing with intrepid that will keep me busy until it's my turn in the tournament..

I'm anxious to start reading those debates!!!!!

Semper

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What a noggin i forgot im getting a bye, i was getting all excited that i was starting tommorrow.

Never mind guess i get to scout my potential opposition first instead.

Looking forward to the big start... my first championship tournament

On a side note wouldn't mind testing my skills against you semper in the tournament. To be the best you have to first compete with the best. Although after reading the debates of some of the new debaters im doubting this tournament is going to be short of lots of class and talent.

Good luck to everyone.

EDIT: Actually looking at the roster and thinking to myself "dam there is alot of good debaters on that list" have been following Skyfloating and GAOTU for the debate series so would love to have a good squabble with one of them. Oh and Memoryshock an ex-champion himself. Lot of very good fighters on that list, this gonna be one hell of ride!

[edit on 14/2/08 by Argos]

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Argos

Be careful what you wish for.
We still have the team tourney, it's just on hold for a while. Maybe you'll get your rematch then.

IN all seriousness, I am excited to start. I have a bye for the first round so I get to scout the competition before my first match. Your right Argos, there is a lot of talent in this tourney. Whoever wins it is going to have to earn it, no doubt about that.

Good luck all, and may the best mod, I mean member win.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

may the best mod, I mean member win.

Wishful thinking never hurt anyone...

Semper

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argos
Oh and Memoryshock an ex-champion himself. Lot of very good fighters on that list, this gonna be one hell of ride!

I never have actually won a championship....so I am going to take that as an acknowledgement that I was robbed against semper....

Not this time, oh semperfortis!!!

But I of course do not want to get too ahead of myself...the list contains an array of talent and it's not only going to be tough, but entertaining as well....

I'm looking to TLomon to put up a good showing and damajikninja should be someone to watch as well....not to mention yourself, Argos....

But, only one can win and I've wantted it for three years now.....hope you'have something to replace the trophy on your mantle, semper, because the time has come for your memory to become shocked...

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Well all Champions must fall eventually...

But never imagine for a second I will go down easy... That would be a BIG mistake...

I may have already though, I still have no idea about the debate between Chissler and myself... I think TheVagabond is sorting out some issues right now....

And remember this...

If I do lose it, you have to know I'm coming back with a vengeance...

Oh yeah... ROBBED??? HA!!!!

Semper

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
reply to post by MemoryShock

Well all Champions must fall eventually...

But never imagine for a second I will go down easy... That would be a BIG mistake...

Fair enough...it won't be easy for some people to watch how easily I dismantle your rhetoric....

I may have already though, I still have no idea about the debate between Chissler and myself... I think TheVagabond is sorting out some issues right now....

I think that was a great debate, but you seemed to have handled pretty much everything that chissler tossed at you...which surprised me. chissler was a good bet to dethrone you but he seemed out of water in a couple points durnig the debate....

And just where is The Vagabond? I hope that everything is okay in the real world....

And remember this...

If I do lose it, you have to know I'm coming back with a vengeance...

I'm sure you mean after the recuperation period....but maybe with a tinge less flair....

Oh yeah... ROBBED??? HA!!!!

Like a pricegouger who tried to bilk a law abiding citizen.....

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Did you say Flair or Hair?

HAHAHAHAHA

I figured you wanted to "beat the pants off me, not the hair" (Flair)

LOL

Semper

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join