It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Thanks MS. It should be fun.

I have been pondering on some topics. Sorry if they are overused:

• Nuclear vs solar power
  • Socialized health care is beneficial to society
  • Congress should ban words that incite hatred (I mean the actual words)
  • Who was the greatest President in U.S. history (both debators would get to choose who they wanted to argue for)
  • Schools need to focus less on the past and teach more about modern events

That's all I've got for now.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
According to my friend, Zerai, my opponent Semperfortis will be having an emergency in the real world and be unable to post for 5 days.

I really hope it is not true.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This should be a really interesting round. I don't put it past anyone to pull off an upset. I don't want to say which ones, but I called several matches the wrong way when I was making my private predictions at the beginning of the last round.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Mmkay now hows that secondary tournament shaping up? Perhaps those of us that have failed in our quest to be the ultimate debater get to start a new tournament? I know that this time around I won't get that coveted little pennant. (Ill get you my pretty, and your little pennant too! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!)

Whoops!

sorry I meant to say I won't get that pennant this time around but I still would love to get the chance to debate awesome topics like I have been.

Cmon TheDuckster you ready to go a round with Wukky?

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Remember that you can set-up a "challenge match" with a topic and opponent of choice anytime, even without a tournament. This is another way to gain in ranking and make up for losses.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

mmkay then I choose TheDuckster for a challenge match:

The subject of the debate will be the subject she already has agreed to: Men Vs Women. (although a narrowing down of the field would help a little.) But the ultimate He said VS She Said match up!

(by the way TheDuckster, It's not fair to use "boobs" as your only closing argument)

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well, SkyFloating...you and me.

I gotta say I am very excited to get the new topic! All of the debates look great so far. can't wait to see where this one goes!

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

Good luck TruthWithin. Should you get very angry at me soon, remember its nothing personal, its all in good fun for the debate.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Why would I get angry at you? The debates are all business. So long as you don't send me vile U2U's we will be OK...lol.

These debates are like Vegas. What happens in the debate room STAYS in the debate room.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
(by the way TheDuckster, It's not fair to use "boobs" as your only closing argument)

If you got 'em, flaunt 'em. Unfortunately for you, you don't, but she does. To quote some comedian that I can't remember:

"It is impossible for a man to win an argument against a woman because men have the obligation of using reason."

or

For more tips, I suggest watching Dane Cook's "Vicious Circle" before you debate her. You wouldn't want to get brain ninja'd.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
OK,

I have a 4 day weekend coming up...

Let's get these topics assigned so I can start my research!!!

I have a tournament to win...

(No rush really, just ready to fight)

Semper

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hi it's me.

Back again.

whatuknow just challenged me with a controversial subject:

"Men Vs Women".

I told him: "I accept".

Waiting for the 'go ahead'.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

I would define the parameters a little if I were you, and then send a U2U to TheVagabond and he will set it up. Unless you two are planning on being in the "Consolation Tournament", then there may not be time for a debate.

As for defining the topic, a broad topic such as Man vs. Woman, with no defining parameters, gives neither of you a direction to begin your debate.

Are you arguing Man vs. Woman in the work place, home structure, physical ability, mental capacity etc.

Just my take on this as a member only of course, but an opening, closing and 30K characters is not enough to cover every aspect of Man vs. Woman to any effect at all.

The one with the opening post would have all the advantage of starting the debate off in whatever direction he/she chose and the other would be playing catch-up.

Just my opinion of course....

Semper

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I know.

Just giving a heads up. whatuknow is challenging me.

Waiting for the differentials.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Yes a narrowing down of the parameters probably would help us out. As far as the debates go neither opponent got to choose the topic. In this challenge match we are yet such a broad subject of man vs woman is pretty hard to debate.

I kinda like Semperfortis's suggestions on this topic. However it's not only my debate it's TheDuckster's debate as well. So with that I am still open for suggestions.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
OK you two. How about: "The world would be a better place if ruled by women" with Duckster arguing pro and whatuknow con.

Have to wait for The Vagabond to show up to set the debate up for you though.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Hmmm Interesting Let us think about that subject.
ok now I am going to have nightmares thanks a lot Skyfloating

(psst it's What U KNO)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Ummmm....isn't the world ALREADY ruled by women?

(Thought I would try an get some brownie points)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
OK,

I have a 4 day weekend coming up...

Let's get these topics assigned so I can start my research!!!

4 Day Weekend...

I envy you....I'll be lucky to get 5 seconds of free time to look around and notice that the outside world is indeed still there...

And that's as much of a handicapp I can give you Sublime620...

[edit on 13-3-2008 by MemoryShock]

[edit on 13-3-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Fair enough. I have business law and accounting tests tomorrow. After that, spring break.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join