It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Fighters' Bill of Rights
No fighter may be assigned a position without his or her consent if arguing that position would constitute any of the following:
(1) Blasphemy or another religious offense.
(2) A violation of any law to which the fighter is subject.
(3) A violation of the verifiable rules of any other organization to which the fighter claims membership or affiliation.
No fighter may be assigned a position or topic without his or her consent which would be emotionally traumatic. This includes but is not limited to:
(1) Debate involving any type of abuse to which the fighter, the fighter's loved one, or the fighter's gender, ethnic group, nation, religion, etc has been subject.
(2) Debate involving a painful disability or adverse condition to which the fighter or the fighter's loved one is or has been subject.
No fighter shall lose ranking points as the result of a hardship such as illness or death in the family, natural disaster, etc.
The debate forum staff reserves the right to determine the legitimacy of claims made under this bill of rights, subject to the review of ATS Management.