It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Should anyone decide to um...Duck out lolol... had to throw that one in there...GROAN..I want back in.

Keep me in mind for the 'back-ups'?

Much appreciated!

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The lineup in this round is OUTSTANDING! I'm VERY happy with the decision to add another round to the tournament so that we could have 24 debaters- it's really given us a very up-in-the-air tournament... and round 3- holy cow. I'm starting to look at what the matchups could be depending on the outcomes in this round, and most of them put me at a complete loss for any kind of projection.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

Vega?

Can I get back in on the debates?

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Holy hell Batman, that is an impressive line up of matches.

originally posted by The Vagabond
Well guys, I found a replacement for GrimReaper797. Brace yourselves... It's Intrepid. BOO!

Thats an impressive addition to the game.(shh. don't tell him I said that, ya know his ego
)

Topic: Performance-enhancing substances help athletes give the fans what they want, and should be allowed in professional sports, with strong prescription controls in place to limit the associated risks.

I like this one. Bring your A-game sublime, it's on!

[edit on 29-2-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I too am excited for this one. I like any topic where there are actually sources. I'm not strong at just making up ideas off the top of my head, there has to be some backing.

I can find info on this for sure. Should be fun GAOTU.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

whatukno v Memoryshock
Topic: Marriages between partners who can conceive children together are superior to those in which conception is for some reason impossible.

Oh dude just back out now if I get the pro side to this debate.
I am going to bring it on in such a way that I would make Hillary and Obama cry.

Gotta get some saber rattling in here don't I?

I can't wait for round 2 now. Thank god they didn't give us some mind thing. I surmise from your suggested topics that your some sort of psychologist?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I am going to bring it on in such a way that I would make Hillary and Obama cry.

You're not ready to debate EITHER side of the issue? There are some that you can't(try debating for more gun control) but not this one imo.

Bring your A game man, this one could go either way. Be prepared.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I could make a logical case for the con side of this issue. But being a father myself I got personal experience on my side for this.

A game? Heck no this is a B game round. I won't be bringing my A game until I get to the finals. This requires half ass wukky,

Just think of me as the Eli Manning of the ATS debate world. Underestimated unappreciated and yet i'm still taking home the pennant.

Dang writing checks my butt can't cash is fun.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Just remember Guys and Gals...

The list is posted and if your name appears first, you argue the PRO side of the debate issue...

WUK, you are PRO on your debate...

Semper

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Hey whatyouknow? How bout you and I....go a round?

In the meantime?

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

whatukno v Memoryshock
Topic: Marriages between partners who can conceive children together are superior to those in which conception is for some reason impossible.

Pssstt....*whispers*....the Fighter listed first is the pro side...that's you...

*Grins*

I can't wait to see what you toss at me. I should warn you though....I gots legs. And are you suggesting that Hilary and Obama should be considering something together? I am wary of the immediate political tinge....

I can't wait for round 2 now. Thank god they didn't give us some mind thing. I surmise from your suggested topics that your some sort of psychologist?

More of a victim than a degree holder. I was on the other side of application and wanted to know myself. So I went looking for answers. Long story, no need for it now.....

I wasn't expecting to get any of the topics I suggested...it wouldn't have been fair to anyone.....

Here's looking forward to seeing what you're made of, whatukno...

Don't take it too hard...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

reply to post by intrepid

A game? Heck no this is a B game round. I won't be bringing my A game until I get to the finals. This requires half ass wukky,

My jaw just dropped...

I won't make you look too bad in front of the fam....

I love this place....

[edit on 29-2-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I did not know that. thanks. It focuses my research.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

2 debates at once? Ohh the thought! I would have to let Microsoft Sam handle that debate. Cause I just wrote a heck of a lot of Hot checks here that I hope won't bounce

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

What do YOU think?

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I will stay within the TOC's and give you a run for your money!

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Could it be a humorous debate? Something light hearted? I am all for the idea but I don't know about anything too serious right now. The serious side of my brain is now engaged in round 2 of the debates. The side of my brain that wants to hook up a cow's udder to a paint mixer to see if you can get it to squirt out butter is all good to go though.

I am all for a debate if it's not too serious.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
No way, TheDuckster...

His full ATS attention is the tournament for now.....

Why not see if FreeThinkerIdealist is up for a go? You could send a u2u...as well you could u2u some of the other fighters.....

whatukno...

Edit to Add: Not that I would stop you if you wanted to, whatukno...
My expression above reflects my opinion as a member of the tournament.....

[edit on 29-2-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Why NOT?~??~?~?

I'm up for it.

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
What about FREETHINKER:

Why not see if FreeThinkerIdealist is up for a go? You could send a u2u...as well you could u2u some of the other fighters.....

~Ducky~

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join