It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AH whats going on? Is it just my computer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Everything was fine earlier. Now I can not look at any news on my internet, I can see the Alertmap, but can not read any info, cant get onto chat, anywhere even here at ats, the news doesnt even show on my main home page???

Is it just my computer? Whats going on? All my internet news sources are disapearing one by one.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Mrs D,

Have you, before problems, added any hardware, software, updates to windows or drivers to your computer?

Perhaps an update to your browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox)

You might check to security settings as well as any
"child friendly" settings or software.

BTW, does this happen with all browsers???

The more info I have, the better I can do.

If you like feel free to u2u me =with all the details.
FYI, i will be going in 45 min and gone for 6+ hours, so I may be a bit, getting back to you, but be patient, I will.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Yes I did mrmon, that was hell to get my computer back up and running again. I got an at&t sync phone. My husband and kids got me the accessories for Christmas so that I could listen to music on it. I had to install drivers for everything to work. I knew better. I got a warning saying it did not go through windows logo testing. BUT AT&T and the samsung people said it was ok to do. My computer started going down about 2 hours later. It was crazy how it happened though. I couldnt look at anything news related on the internet, not even the weather. I couldnt use chat either. Everything else was fine. TOTALY SUCKED. Then everything locked up all together. Restarted and did a system restore, finaly this morning I got it back up and running.

I suppose I just cant listen to music on this dang phone I paid double for so I wouldnt need a mp3 player. The program I installed doesnt even work.

Is there anything else I need to do? Or is this going to happen over and over again?

Thanks for helping

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
i will venture to say that your phone had nothing to do with it. that unsigned driver message you got basically just means that the company that made the driver didn't pay microsoft to "certify" it. most don't.

i'm having a hard time grasping exactly what the problem is that you're having. can you be a little more specific?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Try this, install firefox and see if it's still happening. Also, do a malware scan. I've had instances where spyware has caused funky stuff to happen to text and content of web pages. You may also try updating to IE7 if you haven't already. And if you have, try reverting to IE 6 and see what happens.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Mrs D,

Try uninstalling the software/driver you put on.
Reboot your computer
Defrag your computer (crashing causes most files to become fragmented)
Run scans with your antivirus and antispy programs.
reboot
try surfing and see if Issue is still there.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
ok, did that, exctpe that defragging part not sure how to do that. Everything is running good now it seems.

So, how do I defrag??

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Firefox does not work well on my computer. I dont know why, but I have tried that before.

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
You may also try updating to IE7 if you haven't already. And if you have, try reverting to IE 6 and see what happens.

I have no idea what you just said.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Well, if everything is running well, you don't need to know what I said....
But for reference:

Internet Explorer 6 or 7 are most likely what you're using to browse. If you go to internet explorer, select help, and select 'about internet explorer' you can see the version info. For 6 it will say 6.x.xxx. For 7 it will say 7.x.xxx

You can uninstall IE7 from the add/remove programs list.

To defrag, go to programs- accessories- system tools- disk defragmentor.

Select your drive and go.

top topics

join