It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Jesse Macbeth, this my response to the world

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by seawolf197

I have a question though. If he is who he says he is, and his story about boot camp is true, (which, if true would really mess a young man up.), is there room for forgiveness here?

A better question is why would you believe an admitted liar and propagandist when he immediately upon release starts doing the same thing? That kind of trust is dangerous. I'm pissed at our Government right now but that does not mean I would accept a propaganda story like this from this person. That would be pretty foolish and could lead to something really bad.

His release would be picked up by the media and we will know shortly if this is the real deal or some joker.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

I know this has already been addressed but I was just flabbergasted by it:

So if what you say is true, then yeah it's bad, they probably had a reason to do it. Just think about it. A muslim in U.S. Army? I don't think I can see that. Why'd you join army though? If you wanted to make a real difference, you could've done different than joining army.

There are a LOT of muslims in North America, and I'm surprised you weren't aware of it. Surely you aren't suggesting that just because someone follows a particular mainstream religion they are somehow less of an American, human being, or a soldier?

So assuming you aren't suggesting any of those things why would the Army not take someone who is muslim?

Anyway, this was the first I ever heard of Jesse MacBeth, and to be perfectly honest I have no opinion on it all one way or another.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Yeah and you need better testimony than a convicted felon to base the assumptions on anyhow.

There are muslim soldiers in the US forces and they're just folks like everyone else. This is SO a beatup by the fraudster involved. Unfortunately he can now shield himself with tinfoil from any further opprobrium.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
the army is the stupidest thing you could join, to fight for a cause that you do not understand is purely stupid, but if you want to die for the guys in the suits, then you are weak and dont deserve life,

it seems that the army is much more effective than i had thought, their methods are good and productive, being able to brainwash soldiers to the point of killing innocents, purely genius (btw im not being sarcastic as it would seem)

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
After reading more posts, one thing is clear, people are posting without knowing what he did. How wise is that?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

OK, Tillman was killed on what is called a "blue on blue" engagement. Was there some shady deals with the investigation? Yes, there was. Was he murdered? Nope. Sorry about that.

Brainwashing? Geez, it never ends.

No one is brainwashed into hating Muslims. In fact, the US Military spends a lot of time with diversity, social actions, etc. Time they should be spending on how to make them better troops, in my opinion.

Got any proof on the brainwashing??

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

Check my last post on the "brainwashing" idea. Just isn't done in the military.

Stupid? Well, that's your opinion. People join the military for different reasons, and they don't join for different reasons. You don't see me calling people that are civilians "stupid" because they aren't in.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
submitted for the threads approval:

logical things to do to keep from looking foolish in this thread...

1) Don't believe everything you read.

2) The Proof is in the Pudding. (well in this case the pudding is in the PROOF)

3)Once a Liar always a Liar (the military trains soldiers to dislike those who lie, cheat and steal...)

4)A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

if this is Jesse Macbeth then don't freak out on him and run him off. Let him tell us his side of the story, provide his proof... Then let the court of public opinion rule on his standing in our little society.

Until he has contacted one of the Three Amigos don't jump to ANY Conclusions... On EITHER side!

Just my $.02 people...

Coven

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Blaine, thanks for the info and trust me, you have made your point. I think it would be really interesting if you could get some opinions from you're Muslim veteran friends. Were they in the Army pre-911? I have heard that there was a lot of anti-Muslim racism in the Army from 911 until roughly the end of 2004 and new Muslim recruits were given a really hard time.

So this OP may be a liar and etcetera.. I understand that but you do not have to start criticizing other members for giving someone the benefit of the doubt. (knowing full well he's a liar, and this may not even be the liar)
Just because we're giving his story room to breathe doesn't mean we trust him or believe him yet.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Oh my, is this so? By all means, please provide us with links to your sources.

A person enters the site claiming to be a known liar and you quickly jump to defend them by making outlandish unfounded claims? Trully amazing.

"ordered to murder Muslims indiscriminately..." by all means, please tell me how you know this. Where you personally ordered to do this?

Please enlighten me, as I am now afraid of myself out of fear that I too recieved this training and no longer understand exactly what I am capable of. Please tell me that I can get my compasion back and reverse this "brainwashing".

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dryken1

I've read this several times, and I still get the same reaction - disbelief. I do not believe that you had pages of the Koran and bacon shoved down your throat.

Even if it were true, it does not justify your subsequent actions. My opinion is that you are a liar and an opportunist. I don't even believe that you are who you say you are.

Has this person been vetted yet?

Regarding muslims in the military - there is nothing unusual about that. Native muslims are sought out for their language and culture skills, in many facets of the gov't.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma
So this OP may be a liar and etcetera.. I understand that but you do not have to start criticizing other members for giving someone the benefit of the doubt. (knowing full well he's a liar, and this may not even be the liar)
Just because we're giving his story room to breathe doesn't mean we trust him or believe him yet.

What's really a hoot is that if someone gives a positive military point of view, people try to slap them down like a red headed stepchild. No "benefit of a doubt" given at all.

If this "Jesse" REALLY wants to atone for his sins, why doesn't he make his apology and tell his story at a Special Forces website? You know the guys he claimed to actually be with when he was "killing civilians"?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

brainwashing is done everywhere at everytime, some are more visible than others

being in the military or being a civilian, you are brainwashed, if you are brainwashed, then you are weak and dont deserve anything more than what you have, i tell the blunt truth which most people dont appreciate, most people cant handle the truth, yet they want it, doesnt make sense to me.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Trauma

I asked a Sergeant at Ft. Richardson to have a look. I don't know if he will post. I can't get in contact with anyone else at the moment.

I may have gone overboard I admit. Strong emotion in play here. I lived through the Vietnam Era and how the returning soldiers were treated; not to mention the bald faced lies being told then and now. Sure there are bad people in any group that size, but they don't do what he is saying in plain sight of others. He may not be a Charlie Manson but he is about as credible. Perhaps he is mentally ill. That would be a whole different matter.

[edit on 1/23/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
reply to post by jerico65

being in the military or being a civilian, you are brainwashed, if you are brainwashed, then you are weak and dont deserve anything more than what you have, i tell the blunt truth which most people dont appreciate, most people cant handle the truth, yet they want it, doesnt make sense to me.

Huh?

Where is the truth in this statement? All I see is one very long, run on sentence. One that is incoherent at best. This may be your opinion but it is far from the truth which you are speaking of. Of course I am being forced to type this, being that I am one of the brainwashed and all.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Excuse me? You know, that didn't make too much sense. I think the brainwashing is wearing off.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Some of you really need to remove your heads from your posteriors.

It's documented and proven that this "man" lied to the world about who he was and fabricated experiences in order to make the military look bad...

Now, he comes on here and tells a story that makes the military look bad...And you believe him?

This one calls for a "bushism".
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Even if you are who you claim to be, I don't believe anything you say.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Jesse,

The only way out of this is to be truthful to yourself, and I don't think you are at that point.

What you have done has actually strengthened the position of those whom you claim to hate the most, which makes me wonder if you have actually been on someone's payroll all along.

Here is my interpreatation of you. A person who had a tough life growing up, and probably picked on a fair amount. So you join the Army trying to find the comraderie and brotherhood that was lacking in your life, and which you very much desired. Acceptance, validation, and a direction in life. I don't really believe that you joined the Army out of pure patriotism, though I don't believe you set out to do the damage you have done either.

I think Basic was probably very tough for you, but not quite as tough as you claim. You embellish what happened, because in your mind, you really feel like it was that bad. I do believe that you were probably singled out for being Muslim. Even to the point of having your Holy Book defaced, and even to the point of being hit. I do not believe that you were tied up for days on end in the barracks, or beaten within an inch of your life. It is the job of a Drill Sgt. to exploit any weakness of character, and make you face it. If your weakness was say, your Holy Book, an enemy could find and exploit that weakness just as easily as your instructor, to the detriment of this nation. Basic is not just training, it is a metamorphises of body and mind. A change you are still unwilling or unable to make. I have no doubt that your time in the Army was the worst experience of your life. As a Muslim, you certainly picked the wrong time join the US Army, but you yourself admit that you did not think it would be an issue. That was a mistake. There is certainly nothing wrong with being a Muslim, but you should have known that your loyalties would be put to the test. A test that you failed.

The Army is not for everyone. There are people who make the mistake of joining the military and are unable to make the metamorphises of body and mind, for various reasons. Not all weakness can be overcome, especially in a matter of weeks. This does not make the person useless, it just means that they are not a soldier.

In this case, you resented the fact that your weakness had been exposed. Furthermore, you were hurt and ashamed that you would not be a part of the very thing that you had pinned all of your life's hopes on. So you decided to take revenge. If one side wouldn't accept you, then the other side would. Of course you are indeed an American and not a terrorist, so in this case, the other side was the anti-war effort. The people who are trying to stop the war, and who oppose the Army politically. Here you hope again you would find this comraderie, but you were simply used up and thrown in prison for your crimes. Crimes that were perpetrated in the name of revenge, not truth, and not because you were really ever even against the war. You wanted to be a part of the war, but when you were denied your place in it, you decided to be against the war with every bit of skill and ingenuity you could muster.

Now I think you have come here to ATS, once again looking for the same validation that no one has ever given you. It is really the only thing you live for, to be accepted somewhere, and all of the doors are closed.

You will never find the truth until you are true to yourself.

I have empathy for you, and I truly hope you will find peace for your restless soul. You are your own worst enemy I think. You have gone down the wrong path, and it is a path that ends in destruction. You must turn around now, and start over.

With sincere regards,

jack

EDIT to add:

Please don't misunderstand what I mean by "weakness." Your religion is not the weakness, it is that you allowed it to be validated as a weapon against you.

[edit on 1/23/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bobafett1972

Obviously you dont understand the concept of brainwashed in which i am speaking, but you dont deserve my explanation you mean nothing, most of the people on this planet mean nothing and are weak, that is the way it is, meanwhile i have chosen to make myself strong which means i matter.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

OK, that makes sense. Time to wrap that tinfoil around your head a bit tighter.

The US Military doesn't do any brainwashing. The Instructors just don't have the time to jump thru those kinds of hoops, even if they had the ability.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by jerico65]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join