It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Jesse Macbeth, this my response to the world

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I don't know about everyone else, but this thread has shown me something. We are at war which will always cause debate and people will become divided because of it. The reason for the war is supposedly to protect our country from some enemy, but I see the greatest damage being done internally. The terrorist don't have to do anything anymore, we will implode if we keep going the way we are going.

I think that Jesse posting here may help him get things off his chest, but it is doing nothing but re-opening old wounds and dividing people even more. I am against this war as much as anyone, but sorry Jesse, one persons rehabilitation is not worth the trouble you are causing.

The posts in this thread have been an interesting read, but it bothers me that people are speaking to each other this way. I think the debate about the war is one that should continue, but lets talk about a way end it, not about the atrocities that have occurred.

Atrocities will always happen in wars. This is what makes war so horrible, and it should only be a last resort.

For those that have served in the military honorably, I thank you for your sacrifices, and for those serving now, hopefully you will come home soon.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

I was not attempting to be rude in my post at all. I was just stating facts. If you find this rude then so be it I won't tell you how to think.

As for my spelling mistake, truly sorry for that one.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteOneActual

During the Vietnam war, my boyfriend, now myhusband, had a picture of me taped on the inside of his locker. My husband was asked where i was from (obviously not American) and he told them i was from Cuba. The sargeant heard and pried his locker open and tore down my picture and cut it up into little pieces. If you have the time, can you explain this action to me? My husband wont elaborate on this story, but he did say they all were offended that "he", a Marine, would have a picture of a "Cuban" inside his locker.

I will not comment on the McBeth issue- other than to say it does not sound "impossible" to me, given what was done to my picture. I was 16 years old.

Thank you.

NOTE: This is a question for WhiteOneActual only.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Jessie,
I think this question will help alot of people who think IF they did that then you can be forgiven easier.

What are you trying to gain out of telling this story.
1) Are you looking for a law suite against the Army or particulate personnel
2) Are you going to sell this story in any way.
3) Are you just looking for a bit of redemption and feel we needed to know the truth and perhaps raise awareness

Now knowing full well if you have alternative motives in the future, everything you say will not be taken as remotely truthful

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by WhiteOneActual

During the Vietnam war, my boyfriend, now myhusband, had a picture of me taped on the inside of his locker. My husband was asked where i was from (obviously not American) and he told them i was from Cuba. The sargeant heard and pried his locker open and tore down my picture and cut it up into little pieces. If you have the time, can you explain this action to me? My husband wont elaborate on this story, but he did say they all were offended that "he", a Marine, would have a picture of a "Cuban" inside his locker.

I will not comment on the McBeth issue- other than to say it does not sound "impossible" to me, given what was done to my picture. I was 16 years old.

Thank you.

NOTE: This is a question for WhiteOneActual only.

Isolated incidents do happen. Hubby worked with Iraqis in Baghdad. He said they were very nice and hard workers. So not everything is a negative. There are bright spots in the fog of the negativity the news media constantly bombards us with. He told me they were actually very strict with each other, as they have a different work ethic than americans.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I've been watching this post for a few days now. Originally I wasn't going to respond. But I've changed my mind, obviously...

Jesse Macbeth, or whomever, why do you expect us to believe you now? You are a self confessed, and convicted, liar and fraud...how praytell do you expect to convince us?

You've paid your debt to society with your completion of the jail time you were sentenced to. So the first thing you do is come on ATS and start again with a different story? If your experiance was so horrific, and I have my doubts, contact a lawyer. There are tons of them who like nothing better than to take on the gov't, especially the military. Some might even do it for free...

While I doubt your veracity, I still wish you luck in putting your life back together.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

DG. That shouldn't have happened...personally, the SGT. and I would have had a "conversation" about it at a later time. No stripes, no witnesses, just him and me, and maybe a medic...

The differences between then and now are virtually night and day. When recruits are allowed to call time out during basic training, the days of abusive DI's would seem to be over.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well, Seagull, i'm very glad to hear it I just thought i'd pose a little question that has plagued me for years.
I realize its quite insignificant and not comparable to the topic of this thread, but still its been nagging me for years.
Anyway, i'm glad to be reassured things have changed.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Buddy (the OP), basically, I think you're slime, and less than worthless in most people's books.

Its one thing to be mistreated in the army, its not unheard of, but at the same time, many things don't go unwarranted either. Now, after all the crap you've spewed on TV, how much are we to believe about the rest of your story? I mean really, your credibility is shot and from the writing, I'm just *sure* (note sarcasm) that you're a completely innocent and unwilling victim here.

Your actions were beyond childish and juvenile and I really don't know why you're even bothering posting. How about you stop whining and crying and go make something out of yourself instead? Try starting with your ability to spell like a normal and intelligent adult.

For the apologists and huggy buggys: I'm no supporter of the military in its general role as current, but I do support those that have and do still serve. I can dislike the institution without necessarily hating the people who work in it. They have fought and died for our very rights to say what we do, and more.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
The reason for the war is supposedly to protect our country from some enemy, but I see the greatest damage being done internally. The terrorist don't have to do anything anymore, we will implode if we keep going the way we are going.

This is definitely true. I am against the war in Iraq but I don't want to be enemies with everyone who thinks it's a good thing. I am just completely opposed to their opinion that war can lead to peace.

The worst damage is definitely done by dividing the country between the people, and on the other side, alot of us feel like the constitution has been ripped to shreds for reasons of national security (a tired excuse that even Hitler used).

In any case, I know alot of people involved in the war (Veterans Against the War in Iraq for example) who want it to end. Vietnam was the same damn situation. I think we should stop kidding ourselves and realize that this war is even tearing apart the soldiers themselves... Jesse might just be an easy target because he willfully misled people towards the same cause, stopping the war etc.

That doesn't mean there aren't honest sincere soldiers who want peace in Iraq and are tired of fighting insurgents etc. In fact, there are loads of interviews available to prove that.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
For the apologists and huggy buggys: I'm no supporter of the military in its general role as current, but I do support those that have and do still serve.

If that were true (and I'm saying this to alot of you) than you people would recognize that there are ALOT of soldiers who miss their family, think this war is insane, and want to come home.

The fact that people in America are denying this and still trying to rally behind the war because they think they are supporting the troops... that's scary. They're not listening.

But, I was supposed to leave this thread and this is a different matter altogether. Sorry for going offtopic.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

We are not all members of the military nor do we hate you or even think you deserved to go to Prison.

Oh i dunno about that.
Some members of the miiltary would still feel the guy deserved a second chance.

Actually that's true. In this thread there have been a few military posters who have demonstrated that. Thanks for reminding me.

Cya.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dryken1

I don't know if you will ever answer questions for real but I do applaud your admitting the lies. The problem is your new statements in the OP don't ring true and you appear to be pandering to two groups; the anti-American crowd and the Terrorists themselves. A post like you made here could easily show up in a Middle Eastern propaganda rag used to recruit and brainwash new Terrorists and could conceivably lead to innocent peoples deaths. Either you have not considered that or you don't care.

Another consideration is that your OP contains what seems to be lies very much like the lies that brought you to the worlds attention the first time. Same theme as before it would seem. What you are implying is that Muslims in the military are abused in full view which would seem to indicate not only you are yet again lying, but also means you are dead set on supporting Terrorism by Radical Islamists by spreading propaganda beneficial to them.

If you were telling the truth or if anyone in authority believed their was a shred of truth, there would be an ongoing investigation and heads would have rolled by now.

If you were tied to a pole in a visible location in a barracks there is no way it would have not been reported simply due to the fact that many would have seen it. This means not only are you attacking one or two who had authority over you; you are saying pretty much that the entire military is involved. No intelligent person who is not either being intellectually dishonest, mentally ill or flat out lying and in concert with your beliefs is not going to realize you are lying. Your words are not even written in a way to imply emotion. Just what I would expect from a propagandist for a group of sociopathic monsters.

Please do us all the favor of at least attempting to post text that is readable. One could conclude your lack of even trying to be a sign of disrespect for your readers and further proof of your being disingenuous and that you are simply spreading propaganda. You were allowed into the military which means you can read and write at a much higher level than you are exhibiting. You are not illiterate. My writing skills are admittedly pretty bad but at least I try. You should do the same.

[edit on 1/25/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I have been reading and skipping a few pages so I apologize if the following opinion has been posted by someone else;

What happened to you was terrible and I feel very bad that you had to endure an experience like that when all you wanted to do was help.

What you did afterward was just as bad if not worse. Imagine you or someone in your family having served honorably, then coming home and getting spit on and accused of being a murderer because someone decided to lie for revenge......

That all said.......How about writing an autobiography and donating every last penny to one of many charities that provide for families of fallen soldiers?

To me, that would prove a lot.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Good lord, Blaine. Just tie the man to a post and take out the pliers, if you're that intent at twisting his words.

He's already addressed each and every one of your accusations, he isn't trying to incite anything, he doesn't want to get back at the military, he doesn't blame people for not believing him etc...

And to insinuate that he is here to stir up terrorist sympathy etc. is absurd, but I have heard ALOT of absurd things on this forum from people who think terrorists and anti-Americans are everywhere.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I feel that I must, as well, respond to Mr. McBeth's claims. I am in the Army. I also hold the status of "Conscientious Objector" due to my religious beliefs. I am Buddhist. I was stationed at Fort Benning for a couple years. I must point out a few things that are bothering me about your statements, Mr. McBeth.

First, the shoppettes on Sand Hill sell no medications of any type. They do this to prevent recruits from attempting suicide. The only way to obtain medications is to go on sick call. Even then, you are not given enough medication to harm yourself. I know this because I am also a medic.

Second, I know that many in the military are extremely prejudiced against Muslims. But I find it difficult to fathom that no one in your bay would stand up for you. Someone would have noticed that you were not reporting for formation and they would have found you after you missed your first formation.

I can believe that your Commander sided with the Drill Sergeant. They hear claims every day that the Drills are mistreating soldiers.

While at MACH, did you discuss your concerns with any of the physicians, nurses or medics? If you did it will be in your medical records and someone should have intervened.

I am not disbelieving you entirely. I know for a fact that there are many intolerant individuals in the Army. I only doubt the claims that I mentioned. For what it's worth, I am filled with sorrow that the Army that I have served treated another Soldier, a fellow American, a human being the way you were treated. While you did deserve punishment for the false statements you made there is no justification for what they did. If one of my Soldiers made claims such as yours, I would investigate it fully and discover the truth.

If I may digress for just a moment. I know that I will receive some flak for responding as I have. Some of you will say that as a member of the Military Machine that I will defend it. Make no mistake about this. I am in the Army for one reason and one reason only. To make sure that ANYONE be it Soldier, civilian or someone that we are fighting is ill or injured, I will do everything in my power to help them. If, as has happened, I see someone being mistreated I WILL step in and put a stop to it. So, please, do understand that the Army does have some good souls in it. Some of us are trying to do the right thing.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Ahem

Kindly stay on topic and cease the personal attacks. It adds nothing to the discussion at hand and lets face it if you have to go ad hominem then perhaps its time to take a break and rething how to best defend your position eh?

Thanks
FredT, Moderator

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by craig732
So instead of coming out with made-up stories about war crimes... why didn't you just come out to the media about the atrocities you claim to have suffered in boot camp?

Out of your whole platoon, I would bet that at least one person would have come forward to support your allegations.

I am "bumping" my question up in the hopes the original poster will see it and respond to it.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Drill sergeants get fired all the time for minor infractions and you want us to believe all this went on and was swept under the rug? Having soldiers with backgrounds like you claim is nothing new, the army even has Muslim Chaplains.

The real guy has a history of lying, this is most likely an imposter, but in any case I don't believe a word of any of this.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join