It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audio Recording

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Ok... My main question is this:

Is there anyway to record audio from say, a website, without a microphone or something? Like using the actual speakers or sound card or whatever as the source to record? I have a built in microphone on my laptop, which is why I ask. I am trying to record an audio clip from a website but I of course get that background noise and a sound that kinda sounds like a movie reel.

And ok, I'm trying to record the "Love Me Sexy" song from Will Ferrels new Semi-Pro movie. And the sound is on his Myspace at Semi-Pro and is in the flash player box. And because of it being on that flash player box, I can't rip the audio from either just the player, or the player with the video.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Try www.polderbits.com...

I think this is what you're looking for. It only has a 15 day trial, but you should have plenty of time to capture that one song you want.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Audacity Is a good free sound recorder also. You can convert things you record into mp3.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I don't know if this helps but I saw something on Techspot that may or may not be freeware that you can use to rip the soundtrack off DVDs. You could rent the movie and rip the music that you wanted off the sound track. Just observe the copyright. I'm assuming you want it for one time personal use.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Whatup Dark Helmet. Dont know if you have decided on something yet, but I have been using Hi-Q Recorder

The software is free and while it does take a little bit of tweaking for your system, it doesnt have a trial limit and one you get it right it sounds great. If you want to pay for it, you can rip at higher bitrates, but honestly I have used it to rip tons of songs at a low bitrate, and unless youre a bitrate snob, you know the types "I cant listen to this untless its at 320", you should be good to go.

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I used the Polderbits first, and it worked perfect! Thanks for the help guys! I was trying to capture the song so I could use a snippet as a ringtone on my phone.

top topics

join